Server time: 2017-08-19, 01:40

Sign in to follow this  
Brickity

Tent/Stash placement in Trade Post

Question

Brickity    2

This is partly in relation to this thread:

So from the above thread, you cannot steal items from any tents/stashes within the Trade Post.

What are the rules (if any) on the placement of these tents/stashes? Can people place them and use them as semi-permanent safe stashes (my guess is no besides the Free Medics?)

What about temporary tents for trading purposes?

8 answers to this question

Rick    19

No, you can't make semi-permanent safe stashes for personal use.

I'm fairly sure you can't use tents for temporary uses either. You can just use cars or other methods.

Chris    61

I believe a script is in place to keep stashes and tents from being placed inside TP. Best bet is to use vehicles as a go-between when trading (since dropping gear on the ground often ends in tears).

I believe a script is in place to keep stashes and tents from being placed inside TP. Best bet is to use vehicles as a go-between when trading (since dropping gear on the ground often ends in tears).

Was this a recent addition Chris? I remember seeing stashes in the medic area of the TP.

Mush    2

Was this a recent addition Chris? I remember seeing stashes in the medic area of the TP.

I think Admins placed those. Not too sure, there are random stashes all over TP which I think an Admin has placed to give people a place to store things and what not.

BobitoZ    0

I think Admins placed those. Not too sure, there are random stashes all over TP which I think an Admin has placed to give people a place to store things and what not.

I'm fairly sure it was placed there for us (FM) as a go between. As some one said before placing items on the ground often ends badly.

Oldman    22

pro tip how to trade weapon with other person by using ground. Might be unrelated, but can't harm reading this.

Put your weapon on the ground. Then ask the other person to place his on your weapon. Then you pick his weapon and he picks up your weapon. Trade succesfull.

how NOT to do it:

You put you weapon on the ground and he goes in to the gear of your weapon pile and instantly switches your weapon over his weapon. this often leads to his weapon being deleted. Why? Because you put the weapon on a lootpile that is getting deleted by yourself from picking everything up from the loot pile.

backpacks:

Always take from the backpack

Brickity    2

Alright, so if there is a script stopping you from placing tents/stashes, then my question has been answered, thanks.

As a back up question, are the existing tents/stashes allowed to be used by people for trading items? My assumption is yes that is what they are for. Are the FM ones exempt from this?

Mush    2

I think the stashes are supposed to be used as a place where your gear won't be ArmA'd when trading. You can use them, I wouldn't use the FM ones, but you could use any others. :)

/solved