Server time: 2017-08-17, 13:53

Sign in to follow this  
Johnny1

DayZ Standalone moving to new engine!!

Omg finally

Sir Doctor    3

Will be interested to see how it pans out (:

Rolle    2441

Isn't that what they've already done though? Taken existing engine, rip it apart, put new stuff in? I don't see how the use of DirectX11 will fix the current broken core game mechanics or netcode.

Michio Kaku    0

This is very exciting if this means that the game will in turn be able to use more than one core of your processor.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that's why Arma is such low fps and poor performance at times because it doesn't use more than one core of your PC. I was pretty shocked when I heard this, it seems to be very, very poor planning and very silly.

One thing though has this been confirmed with a reputable source? Who is Tmoney the Reddit Author?

Having played a bit of Standalone myself, I am very excited for the prospect of us eventually being able to have a DayZRP Standalone server. The ability to mod weapons, wear individual pieces of clothes, require ponchos/shelter in the rain, the ability to carry items in your hands if your pack is full, and your "base" inventory being tied to pockets in your clothes are all fantastic roleplay elements.

I support anything that might make its development smoother.

Guest Nykke   
Guest Nykke

Just wait they will finde a way to fuck it up someshow.

Reacher    0

Seems like a ploy to calm the people who think it's taking too long. I don't see how patching more existing or recycled engine scripts or plugins into the game can really work, but... who knows? Maybe they realize they made a bad decision with that ArmA 2.5 engine, and genuinely want to adapt things into a new one.

I'll wait and see.

SwiftyPoo    0

That's pretty cool, man. Maybe now i'll be able to go to Elektro and get more than 20 frames.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Isn't that what they've already done though? Taken existing engine, rip it apart, put new stuff in? I don't see how the use of DirectX11 will fix the current broken core game mechanics or netcode.

64bit?

Mod4 lyfe

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

The more interesting things I've garnered from the subreddit are:

Infusion is seemingly a custom made engine, perhaps they have coded it themselves?

Multicore and multithread implementation will mean my processor will be utilised further than the current 5% and a clock speed of 1.6ghz. No more intel fanboys raving about how good their processors are!

The talk of the new engine worries yet excites me at the same time. Personally I didn't think that the engine was all that bad. From my very limited understanding it seemed that most of the main issues that people had with rubber banding etc. were due to poor server performance which was being remedied with the hopeful use of DX11 and the move to 64-bit.

I've found of late that I'm getting really good FPS all round on SA. I just hope it doesn't lose the feel of the game that I really enjoy. I actually enjoy the clunkiness. I think it's the one thing that puts it ahead of its competitors Rust etc. because it has a more natural and realistic feel. Here's hoping that the feel doesn't change but the whole progress of the game will now speed up.

Dowsey    0

Hopefully will make everything smoother, can't complain if it does that.

We can only hope this works out well.

Iv pretty much given up on the SA at this point if im honest

ZeroXiz    0

From my understanding it's still the same engine, but with big tweaks making it almost custom made, and adding a new name on top of it?

Johnny1    0

They won't have to work with the physics engine of arma with bugs and limitations. I hope the frames will be amazing.

They didn't like where their own game is going, neither have I. They released an ak in 1 patch and couple of changes. This is not what you really expect from a game highly anticipated by the fans. I'll be honest every time I look at DayZ standalone I want to cry how they fked it up but hey! H1Z1 is coming, New developer team has taken over WarZ re-releasing it with high potential, rust will have huge changes and that is why Rocket thought his game doesn't have high enough standards.

Reacher    0

Ultimately Rocket's right. The development on DayZ SA was horrid. Still is. They should have completely forgone the choice of ArmA 2 engine with 'extras' and waited for the Arma 3 engine, before launching into a full team development cycle. They wasted so much time by slowly adding new devs over a period of time - which has resulted in the stalling we're getting now.

And the complaints about not upgrading the engine originally, because it would 'take too much time for the programmers to learn it'? Well... guess that isn't an issue now, since they're going to have to take even more time to patch this one together.

I hope they do well, really. But, I just think they're free-falling here and they know they've screwed up. Hopefully this new engine will be optimized and capable of at least getting the game to a somewhat finished state before too long.

Whitefur    4

So does this mean Bohemia knows that 75% of there user base isn't getting above 20 fps on high settings?

Turns out this whole 'new engine' hype is just a misunderstanding.

54a2d29208.png

Basically they've taken so much out of the original engine they used (Take On Helicopters) that it's taken on its own form now, hence the new name. Basically they've named the engine you've been playing already and it's called 'Infusion'.

I'm looking forward to the fact that with the upgrade to DX11, 64-Bit and multi-core support that this game will finally be more optimised upon completion. For now I'm really enjoying playing Standalone on and off every now and then to see the updates. Patience is key and I feel that with the last experimental build that they're starting to make some real progress.

Whitefur    4

Ya, by new engine they mean they are optimizing the old one with new technologies they picked up from various developers Bohemia acquired over the years. It still is a new engine, but not in the way everyone is thinking

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

don't get your hopes up i say, will just disappoint you in the end most likely.

Whitefur    4

don't get your hopes up i say, will just disappoint you in the end most likely.

The story of Standalone's life :P

Alan Woods    3

Thanks for the clarification Shorts :)

I can't wait to see more zombies and an overall better smooth experience.