Server time: 2017-11-20, 09:31

Sign in to follow this  
tnkydoe

PC build

So after a year of awful frames I've decided to sell 1 out of 2 of my dirt bikes to build a PC. I can get roughly $1400 for it which will get me a decent build. Cyberpower has this special for fathers day with free shipping which saves about $60-80. The total prices is $899+ tax but that includes the following and keyboard+mouse. I will probably add an ssd because I heard it makes a huuuuge difference and I need to get a monitor. I figure after monitor prices and sad I will have about $150 for adjustments etc so is there anything you guys recommend changing?

Also building a PC isn't totally out of the question so any big recommendations help<3

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology

HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Classic, On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCISOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIOVIDEO:

AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

3special_8core_980_280_0609.jpg

Guest ArcticStarling

Windows 8 is horrible, recommend Vista/Win7

O Yea forgot to change that. I love windows 7... Windows 8 is so ugly

Not sure about the graphics card, I don't have a lot of experience with AMD, I usually got for the GTX series from Nvidia, but! for 900 that's a good deal.

Not sure about the graphics card, I don't have a lot of experience with AMD, I usually got for the GTX series from Nvidia, but! for 900 that's a good deal.

For some reason that picture has the wrong graphics card. The actual deal is a r9 280x 3gb which around a 770 or 680 I believe.

For some reason that picture has the wrong graphics card. The actual deal is a r9 280x 3gb which around a 770 or 680 I believe.

Hmm okay well in that case I would go for it, not a big fan of the mouse though, too small for my hands :P

Also don't get VISTA, it's a virus in itself, go for windows 7 definitely

If only it had the FX-8350. If i were in your shoes I would build a computer, but whatever floats your boat in the end.

Hmm okay well in that case I would go for it, not a big fan of the mouse though, too small for my hands :P

Also don't get VISTA, it's a virus in itself, go for windows 7 definitely

It comes with a Razer mouse/keyboard

Windows 8.1 has proven to be better for FPS in-games across the board. As someone who has the processor above this one, avoid AMD if you want good performance in ARMA/DayZ. I'd also recommend an Nvidia GPU mainly for the more consistent updates and Shadowplay, their free recording and streaming software. It is awesome in my opinion.

For this mod and DayZ I wish I had the i5 4670k or the i7 4770k.

Windows 8.1 has proven to be better for FPS in-games across the board. As someone who has the processor above this one, avoid AMD if you want good performance in ARMA/DayZ. I'd also recommend an Nvidia GPU mainly for the more consistent updates and Shadowplay, their free recording and streaming software. It is awesome in my opinion.

For this mod and DayZ I wish I had the i5 4670k or the i7 4770k.

What fps do you get?

What fps do you get?

Honestly. when playing on the highest settings (that's excluding view distance). I get 60+ outside of towns. Sometimes around 45-60 in smaller towns and then 20-40 in the big cities. In the trade post my frame will often fluctuate a lot depending on which way I look. It's rarely far above 30 in there.

The reason why is because AMD may have more cores and boast faster clock speeds BUT Intel walks all over AMD when it comes to single core performance. ARMA being a little older and DayZ being hugely un-optimised it means that the game is only making use of one or two cores out of the eight available to me.

This chart shows the CPU's you would want to look for when playing ARMA or DayZ. http://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

The i5 4670k is an amazing Intel Processor for the price and it's the one I would recommend above the AMD 8320 for playing ARMA/DayZ and any other games.

^ This, I'm to tired to get into more details but that CPU you have on your list right now is shit tbh.

$1,400 USD?

I don't care for the current build you have posted, honestly. Like BigLittleShorts said, I'd look into building something with an Intel CPU, that list he posted is a good start.

For Graphics, I'm an Nvidia fan, and with how things are with DayZRP, Nvidia cards are great due to Shadowplay (A game capture software built in to the GPU, essentially) It gives you the option to record like normal, or upload the last 5 minutes of game play if you weren't actively recording.

I'd strongly recommend you do a new build with a i5 4670k. Also, you may want to look into getting a SSD as having Arma on it will greatly increase frames.

Good luck!

Actually Arma is one of the few paces were the 8350 is pretty much even with the 4670k, probably better when recording. But besides Arma and multitasking the 4670k beats the 8350 pretty well.

You can do a lot better for 1400 in my opinion. Build you own. The prebuilds I don't like. They tend to put the cheaper brands. For example if 4 companies make said graphics card they usually give you the worse brand. Besides I don't like and. Intel and evga Nvidia fanboy for life

I have an AMD Radeon HD 7 or something like that. I run the mod good, and I have 16gbs of ram from G.Skill, Trident X Series.

QnAHLsm.jpg <-- $164.99 for that

The motherboard I have is this,

GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

BuefOf5.jpg <-- $189

And a bunch more, but for around $1200 you could make a computer 4 times better than the one you have there. Just buy the parts and build it yourself. If you need help building it just call me on skype and I'll help you. Contact me if you need help.

Edit- I'm getting a better graphic card soon.

What do you guys think of this?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($139.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($82.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 280 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card ($200.00 @ Newegg)

Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($26.97 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($102.98 @ Newegg)

Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor ($147.58 @ Newegg)

Wireless Network Adapter: TRENDnet TEW-805UB 802.11a/b/g/n/ac USB 3.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($31.99 @ Newegg)

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($32.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $1191.43

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-06-11 01:40 EDT-0400)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($82.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($102.98 @ Newegg)

Wireless Network Adapter: TRENDnet TEW-805UB 802.11a/b/g/n/ac USB 3.0 Wi-Fi Adapter ($31.99 @ Newegg)

Keyboard: Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($32.98 @ Newegg)

Thats actually quite a nice build.

And yeah as rampage said always build your own you will get better parts for cheaper.

This build should run pretty much every current game you can throw at it on high if not the highest settings.

Not bad, don't forget a SSD if you can afford it. You can also probably cut costs by getting rid of the disk drive, unless you like the 90's?

As Mav said. Good build, but if you can afford it add a SSD :)

recommend Vista

Vista

VISTA?

No , no vista

Hmmm this has made me have a big rethink, I was going to get a AMD 8350...might be time to have another look.