Server time: 2017-08-18, 09:06

Sign in to follow this  
Kat

cancer bites

Kat    101

So, my mom is 72 and has been diagnosed with this really nasty bladder cancer. We knew it had spread to her lungs and had made all the plans to start chemo tomorrow. Then we got the results of her brain MRI. Dang cancer has decided to take up residence there too. So now we have to hold off on the chemo cause she has to have 10 days of radiation to her brain. You always know that this could happen, but we had no warning time. They won't really give us a time frame, but our family doctor is thinking months and not years. I hope you guys don't mind me venting, but this shit sucks. Any tips would be great. And you better get Thumper to show you my pic with hair before I shave it off. Love my mama. Thanks for letting me rant...

SatansNightOut    105

Sincerely sorry to hear this. I wish her the best comforts that can be offered.

I'm quite sure I speak for many of us here when I say you're welcome to PM me or find me on TS3 if you need to talk.

Roofcake    1

Hundreds of people are diagnosed everyday and it's definitely not something people should have to go through. My heart goes out to your mother and family.

Burgz    6

Cancer is shit...fucking wanker. Fuck you cancer.

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your mother.

I'll continue to edit this post because I really don't know what to say...it's late and you know, it's a tough topic. It's hard to properly express yourself over a monitor.

kladetto    0

Cancer is never easy. Not only is chemotherapy hard on the person undergoing it, it takes a terrible strain on everyone else involved in the situation.

Of course everyone always knows it could happen, but realistically no one ever expects anything like this to happen to their families. My family is riddled with a cancerous background and I've almost lost 3 of my family members to it in the last 5 years.

Keep your head up, be strong. And even if it even if the doctors give you a time frame don't let that linger in your head.

Months can seem like an entirety if you spend it right.

Buck99    0

Dude that really sucks man :C no one should ever have to go through anything like that I wish the best for you and your family at this time friend

Kat    101

Thanks for everything. I know there isn't anything one can say, but sometimes just hearing people support you can make huge difference. And you are definitely helping. I'm actually starting a character description so I can play. Hopefully it will give me something that I can control a little. LOL

SatansNightOut    105

Keep your head up, be strong. And even if it even if the doctors give you a time frame don't let that linger in your head.

Months can seem like an entirety if you spend it right.

These are probably the wisest words someone can offer.

Best wishes from me, I hope everything turns out well. No one should have to go through that. Like others have said, keep your head up and stay strong.

GingerHippo    4

Sorry to hear this. My Grandma died from Lung Cancer and I know how it feels to know that someone you love and cherish is going through such a bad thing. My advice is to keep strong and try and spend as much time as you can with them, ensure that you support them with whatever they want to do and try and help them accomplish things that they've wanted to do through their life.

If you're wanting someone to talk to then I'm here. I know how it feels, stay strong.

All o my prays will go towards your family bro.

Kat is a girl. A real girl. I know from first hand experience. We thank you for the prayers:)

All o my prays will go towards your family bro.

Kat is a girl. A real girl. I know from first hand experience. We thank you for the prayers:)

Sorry bro i just call everyone bro. My apologizes.

GingerHippo    4

I've got long hair by the way (I'm a lad) and soon, I'm going to be shaving it off for Cancer to raise money but to also donate my hair to wig makers who make them for children with cancer.

My 14 year old nephew had lung cancer and died. I wish you all the best in these tough times man, never give up hope!

Glenn    10

I've lost already 6 family members by it.

I feel sorry, I know what it is like to have close family having that decease.

Probably many people do.

Frozen    45

I know how it feels.. I lost my aunt and grandfather the same month in the same year and my Grandfather lost hos live to to fucking cancer.. It's shit and sucks.. Fuck life sometimes..

I hope the best for your mother Kat.

I am deeply sorry to hear about this. I do not personally know you but that no make any difference. Cancer is horrible and the most unfair disease I have ever known. I wish the very best and sincerely hope that she recovers well.

Sin    113

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm available for virtual hugs on demand.

Praying for a miracle.

Rifleman    14

My prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family - all I can feel right now is just plain sorrow.

This is because a kid, younger than me and a friend of my brothers passed away due to cancer a few days ago...his cancer campaign has raised over £8000 towards cancer research...the original goal was £1000 - one more step in the right direction to ridding this planet of this wretched disease.

Miracles can happen though - when you least expect them too as well. I cannot guarantee a thing - but in can promise you my hopes and prayers.

Kat    101

Praying for a miracle.

I'm ready for one. Do we need to get a room for this?

I am sorry for your loss Rifleman. This disease sucks and I only hope a cure is found!

Septimus    23

Nobody really expects this to ever happen to them or their families, unfortunately some of us aren't as lucky and have to either endure the pain of having it and or one of their beloved ones being diagnosed with this terrible and cruel disease. I lost my uncle a couple of months ago to this damned disease and it really opens your eyes that life is short and you never expect it to end like it does. My family and I have lost many beloved ones to cancer and we don't wish it on anyone, It's something no-one deserves.

Keep your head high and your hopes up, cherish every single moment with your mother and devout your time to her. I will most definitely keep her in my prayers and hope everything comes out well. If you ever need someone to speak to or just vent, please don't be afraid to PM me or stop by teamspeak and send me a poke.

Sin    113

Praying for a miracle.

I'm ready for one. Do we need to get a room for this?

Nah, I think we're good. Thumper, avert your eyes.

virtual-hug-mares-nest-version.gif