Server time: 2017-08-22, 15:05

Sign in to follow this  
Sephres411

camp destroyed

Question

Sephres411    0

Hey guys, just wanted to check something with you, I've recently started on s2, found myself a nice little corner to set up camp. I had a Skoda for getting round and a Ural with no wheels for loot store, I'd started setting up base, got a couple of tents up and some sandbags and tank traps surrounding the area. Logged off a couple of hours ago, just after a restart and have just come back to find my Urals been blown up, my cars gone and my camp has been removed bar one tent and a tank trap. I also noticed there was a ghost of myself from where I logged off stood at the back of my truck?! I just want to check if this was admin action, possibly due to the ghost thing maybe or if its just someone being an absolute douche ?

Thanks

20 answers to this question

Jamma    4

If you made your camp too far in debug it will despawn vehicles I am pretty sure. Might be that.

Burgz    6

Jesus christ man, that sounds like some fucked-up shit. I would be scared.

The ural being blown up and the stuff removed sounds like someone just found your stuff and destroyed it/took it and stuff.

As for the ghost of yourself? I have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

Sephres411    0

Sorry bud, what do you mean debug? Also, my the remains of my truck is still there so this has happened since the last restart...

Burgz    6

Sorry bud, what do you mean debug? Also, my the remains of my truck is still there so this has happened since the last restart...

Debug is the area around the map. You know, the end? Plain grass fields that go on forever.

gr1ves    3

If you made your camp too far in debug it will despawn vehicles I am pretty sure. Might be that.

I don't think that's it, if the blown up vehicles are still there. Definitely sounds like griefing if you ask me.

Hopefully someone who knows something about it will come forward and explain.

Sephres411    0

Ah no then, not in debug, I stay away from there, everywhere else I've played, you get lifebleed for being there!

Rick    19

It wasn't admins, we found it. We took the cars for our own use, but we only ever saw the one tent, so if there was other stuff we don't know about it. We were confused about the ghost thing as well, but we just left that the way it was. The Ural was blocking the gear menu to the tent, so we blew it up to check it's contents. If your going to use a car for loot, I would advise not using a Ural. People want those to drive around in, not to be sitting in the woods.

Also, its not griefing to blow up cars in the middle of the woods being used for gear.

Sephres411    0

Well, regardless of who did it, can I just say thank you for the quick responses, its nice to be part of an active community again!

Thanks for letting me know at least¡ the ural was temp storage as I found that before I found the tents and other cars! wanted to drive around in it myself, feel like a boss rolling in a Ural :( oh well

Oldman    22

vehicles are supposed to drive in to our roadblocks not really to use as a stash. It is not even well hidden if u use a car. Use tents or sandbags to make a stash.

gr1ves    3

vehicles are supposed to drive in to our roadblocks not really to use as a stash. It is not even well hidden if u use a car. Use tents or sandbags to make a stash.

What was that old Somalian saying again? "All roads lead to a roadblock"? Hahaha

Can this be marked as solved?

Major Tom    78

Yeah, can confirm it was BHM. Like Rick already said, we found your stuff. I stumbled across it whilst looking for a car of our own. Saw the ural missing all the wheels and the tent next to it, but couldn't access the tent. Your ghost body outside the ural was missing essentials like a main gun and some other items so we thought it might have been someone duping.

Didn't agree with someone using a ural as a stash considering it's a highly sought after vehicle and for someone to make it immobile for the sake of holding a crossbow isn't exactly great. We lit it on fire and took one of the two cars that were there because we needed vehicles. We left the small car there so if it wasn't there when you logged back on, someone else took it.

Sorry buddy. Shit happens. I suppose this should be marked as solved considering there's not much else to it.

Sephres411    0

I didn't intend on using it as a stash to be fair, I appreciate how sought after the Urals are, it was just the first thing I had found! I I'd bought the other two cars across with the intention of nicking the wheels and destroying them so they would re-spawn for someone else to find, nevermind.

Pyrah    1

Just so you know you cannot remove wheels that are already on a vehicle I'm afraid.

Just so you know you cannot remove wheels that are already on a vehicle I'm afraid.

I believe you can next patch

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

Back to the point.If they blew up your vehicle and removed tanktraps/destroyed tents

it is griefing and it's against the rules.I'd make a report discussion about it.

Sephres411    0

Well the guys who blew up my truck admitted it so fair dos to them, I'm not gonna complain about that, and I have no idea who removed my base so I see no point in nagging about that either, just have to start from scratch...again.

Sin    114

We've been hearing reports of base destruction lately. To be abundantly clear, it's fine to roll someone's camp if you find it. Steal all the good shit, maybe fuck up their vehicles a little bit by taking out a tire or something. Notice that I said "a" tire. Makes sense to hobble the competition from time to time, but in an apocalypse, no one in their right mind would completely destroy a vehicle that could one day be repaired.

Complete camp destruction on the other hand is not cool.

Take what you can carry, yes, fine; but destroying tents in order to despawn the gear inside them is considered griefing. Same with returning to the same camp night after night and wrecking whatever's been accumulated, or removing tens of sandbags and tank traps.

Sephres411    0

Thanks for the clarification Sin, if it happens again in the future I will put in an official report.