Server time: 2017-10-21, 03:27
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnygt7

FOG!

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

So after browsing the internetz i found this picture HUeIW38.jpg

I'm not sure if this is possible but it would be great to have fog like this in the cities! :P while the undear roam around.

I'm sorry for reposting if this has been suggested before, i did some searching but didn't find anything.

Thoughts?

Guest Graphix   
Guest Graphix

I take it that it would make a noticable impact on FPS-

that and it would probably only fit very well at night.

I do like the idea of night-time fog though, so +1 for that

GingerHippo    4

It seems too over the top to be honest as it wouldn't be that foggy all of the time. Yes, it gives more of an apocalyptic feel to the game but it's got to be a -1 from me.

enar21    1

Nope

I mean it looks cool while driving through the city and all that but to have a firefight or something in that fog? Absolutely noooooooooooooooooo

Hatch    0

LZ2rSls.png

It's a good idea and looks really nice but it will be horrible navigating. Also the FPS affects on the server and possibly lag?

However, if this is something that could be turned on and off, it would be very good for an event.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

It seems too over the top to be honest as it wouldn't be that foggy all of the time. Yes, it gives more of an apocalyptic feel to the game but it's got to be a -1 from me.

It won't be like that all the time ! :P

LZ2rSls.png

It's a good idea and looks really nice but it will be horrible navigating. Also the FPS affects on the server and possibly lag?

We will have FPS issues if this is implemented, that's for sure =p.

Andrew    0

i have to say it looks pretty awesome but my concerns are about FPS and things like roadblocks. Imagine sandbags placed in the fog, you would not see it until you are so close that you are screwed anyway. -1 from me

simiskovich    0

Tooooo much fog, Also, I saw this in breaking point and its like that every night. So unless it is reduced and randomized. -1

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

This made breaking point SOOO laggy it was horrid for people with low end PC's but It did look cool.

Also I'm sure if you change skin the fog goes. This means anyone who doesn't change skin is at an immediate disadvantage to those who do change skin (only if the changing skin thing still works :P)

Overall

-1 for how well it will work

+1 for how cool it is

Mikachu    26

Possible yes, will not happen though.

Ground fog like that brings significant performance decreases and more desync and lag

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

Possible yes, will not happen though.

Ground fog like that brings significant performance decreases and more desync and lag

that's understandable i guess hehe :P

Mira    0

I'm going to have to give this a -1, Due to the fact that it'll cause fps issues.

Dowsey    0

Love the idea, practicality of it is none-existent until (/if) DayZ is optimised :3

It does look awesome though! Maybe the SA will have a crack at it?

Conor    254

I really like the idea, but as people have already mentioned, it will have big FPS issues.

Maybe if it could be applied to selected areas around the map at night? Like, valleys and lightly across fields?

As it stands now though I am afraid its -1 from me.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Yes, it gives more of an apocalyptic feel to the game but it's got to be a -1 from me.

Does it though? During a zombie apocalypse I dont think the weather will change much.

Its a -1 from me too.

GingerHippo    4

Yes, it gives more of an apocalyptic feel to the game but it's got to be a -1 from me.

Does it though? During a zombie apocalypse I dont think the weather will change much.

Its a -1 from me too.

Well it makes it more scary :D