Server time: 2017-08-23, 14:06

Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Morgan Riggs

Breaking the waves

Greetings from Morgan, I hope everyone is having a great time! I have been visiting the website from now and then to stay up to date on new features and things that has been happening while I've been away. Last time I spoke to the community I was doing a live stream, which ended up pretty well, and it was good to see that so many could tune in to say hi and watch.

Today I want to bring a few topics to light which I have not discussed with you before, but something which I feel is very relevant and important especially for me, but maybe also for you.

Raven Shield Mercenaries / Corporation, has been something huge for me, it might sound silly considering it being all fiction and game related. But I bet you know the feeling when you put a lot of time and love into something, you work on it day and night, you mold it into something you love, it becomes a part of you.

This is how I feel the RSM. It has been so huge to me, for me personal self, that I almost feel obsessed by it. You can clearly see I am consumed by just the thought of it.

From day one, it meant hard work for me, I had to put aside much for this hobby project. Even if it meant that I missed out on other important things in my life, I always had that urge, that feeling of love for this project, like a little baby. Everyday, leading your men in this computer game, over teamspeak, having responsibility and power. I loved it. Even if we were not always successful, and clearly not during our "come back" later last year, I feel that this project left a big impact on some people, including me and the community. A memory, and nostalgic feeling and a memory of something beautiful that we tried to recreate.

Most of you already know why I left the community and the idea behind. But I want to bring something else up which I have not talked about before. Mostly when your hear the word RSM your connect it to me, not speaking of it like I want to make myself into a martyr or anything out of the ordinary. I want to talk to you about some of the other people behind this project, a person that I never could have achieved this without. You know him as Vadim Danshov. This man stayed loyal since the very start. Together we laid the ground rules and core values of the corporation. Recruiting what we thought were the right people for this group, setting the rules we wanted. And most importantly, stayed neutral to everyone. This decision is what I think affected most people. We were always welcome everywhere, we had a good relationship with other members of the community and groups.

Late last year, with most of our core members gone, you could say, the last batch of members started to break apart. And this is something no one else of us has talked about. Internal intrigues and anger bruise up between different members, some dis-loyal, started to conspire about leadership behind me and Vadims back, not mentioning any names, and certainly not all of them. But there were a bad tension between everyone. You had one side which wanted to continue with the old rules and values of the group, and those who wanted new rules, change of moral right and wrong and a beginning of a pure bandit group. On these grounds, we did a comeback. Something which I deeply regret, failing both myself, my core members and you as a community. And for that I can only beg for forgiveness and say that I am sorry. Really, I feel that this was something that broke my heart, seeing that creation you been working on for so long, turning in to an ugly monster without control. I wished you all for a better experience with the comeback, including myself and my core members.

I am afraid that this event, this comeback put a black stain on our including my reputation to the community, something which I worked extremely hard to earn and something that should be hard to earn. Because this is really all about entertaining, you could say we were good entertainers for the people playing here and we were really amused ourselves. And that is how it should be. We did a wrong turn but bringing back the clan at that state of internal conflicts. But I believe that one day we will rise again, stronger than ever, with a set of new fresh members, going back to our roots and to find that magical feeling and key that unlocks the true RSM.

Both me and Vadim has discussed this, and we are not hasting to do it, but if we are going to do it, we will do exactly what I mentioned before. New set of member, finding our roots and most importantly achieve our goal of delivering that magical feeling once again for the community.

Thank you all for reading this through and I'll keep in touch.

Have a great time in Chernarus.

Morgan Riggs

Shiro    118

Well Morgan, you always had my respect and love ( non gay way ) if you decide to bring back the RSM force, i will make a application.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Don't blame yourself for the second RSM it was not a failure and you didn't let the community down. Many projects have their day and then second time around just are not the same. I hope if you do bring RSM back again it is exactly as you say in this thread, core values and true to it's goals.

Take care Morgan

See you soon

GingerHippo    4

You've done a lot for the community Morgan and you've never failed with anything you've set out to do. RSM being one of the main ones as you brought a new atmosphere into the mod which everyone loved. The Raven's Nest and RSM were basically the 'talk of the town' as some say.

Look forward to seeing if you do come back :)

Frozen    45

Blame the bad RP and not RSM to me RSM was cool IG never any problems :P

Anyways.. Morgan is stupid... Look why..

He gave us a damn good idea of a mercenary group and how they act !

He did charity.. CHARITY and gave us floating hearts !

To much he did and 1-2 mistakes shouldn't make him bad he is a really OG member and honestly in my eyes should be respected like staff as he may not ban or do all that shit but he worked hard to always made everyone had a good time and enjoy RSM and just everything in general !

This is why Riggs is community member of the year xD

LumberJack    18

Does this mean that cooking with Dr. Morgan Riggs will be making a return? I hope so.

wLoHuKU.jpg

Food made by Riggs

Does this mean that cooking with Dr. Morgan Riggs will be making a return?

wLoHuKU.jpg

Food made by Riggs

I have no clear answer to that yet. But if me and Vadim are taking the next step, I already have a plans to "cook something up"

Thanks for the response from everyone, It makes me very glad to see your comments

But if me and Vadim are taking the next step, I already have a plans to "cook something up"

:o you two are getting married? how cute :troll:

Nice to have you "semi" back Mr. Riggs still never got to meet you or RSM

still never got to meet you or RSM

Who knows, maybe you'll be part of it one day

Indeed who knows nobody knows what the future holds or do they?

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

''It's not how many times you get knocked down that count, it's how many times you get back up.''

Can't always be successful all the time, it just doesn't happen.

If you're willing to face the fact of the failure and use it to your own advantage to progress forward, then congratulations for you.

Should be interesting to see what you two decide to do. Good luck, it might come in handy.

Sin    114

HYPE!

I look forward to your return. I always felt bad about the infighting between CLF and RSM. We had a good thing going for awhile, but change is inevitable, and most of everything is out of your control.

While you and I never had much in the way of personal interaction, I've always admired the effort you put forth and had the utmost respect for your vision.

With luck, care, and hard work, I expect the return of RSM will be the start of one of the better chapters of DayZRP history.

DinoB    20

This makes me miss FranZ even more now..

A thought has just popped into my head after i remembered the video RSM put up about them wanting to take over Chernarus with their big corporation...

What other big corporation do we know thats trying to do that at the moment....

Is the council actually RSC/RSM in disguise :troll:

The plot twist is real :P

LumberJack    18

This makes me miss FranZ even more now..

shhh shhh shhh, everything is going to be ok, no tears.

-post-

(Opens a Rabbit Man Beer and puts in a snus and begins typeing)

I will admit that RSM have had is up's and down's but mostly was a awesome group to play with,

both serious and non-serious. We have had alot of fun and alot of mishaps.

First time i started playing Dayzrp, you where there for me.

Thought me everything about the community, how to survive IG, tactics, basically everything.

I still remember the words you told me after some weeks playing

"Vadim, Jag gillar dej och att du säger vad du tycker och tänker. Du kommer att bli något"

(Trans : Vadim, I like you and i like that you say what you think and feel. You will become something)¨

Those words i have kept in my mind, always thinking about that sentence.

After some time, i climbed the RSM ladder. You made me CCO of a (at the time) small group of people.

And after months of hard work, all those long night's we spent talking and planning, Reviewing applications, Clan relations etc.

Then we had a good mixture of people that had different roles in RSM. Some that turned out to later stab us in the back, some to become good friends.

But after all of this, when i look back. All i see is the group RSM that meant something to everyone.

WE created something that WE can be proud of. Something that WE enjoyed doing. Being Mercenaries

Now after all this time away from DayzRP, You really want to know what i miss the most?

Being part of Raven Shield Corporation

After all of the hard work, all those hours of not sleeping, hours i have spent playing.

I will not take any credit

Becuse i got the reward i wanted, We played games and had fun

After this wall of text i just want to say.

All hail Morgan Riggs and the Raven Shield Corporation

Morgan, you did something great with R.S.M, always remember it. The return was unsucessful, but it was damn to hell not your fault, everyone was bored, playing other games. Do not blame it on yourself. I will always have respect for you. Last year wouldn't have been as good as it was without you or the corporation. Remember that. You need anything, you know where to reach me (Skype).

You impacted on the community so much with your ideas and plans, you where one of the, if not the best, contributor to this community.

SgtWinters    0

I saw that he posted and I had a moment of euphoria because I thought you were coming back :(

feels.png

Hex    31

Morgan, I've been through RSM through thick and thin on my joining, through the highs of the first few Ravens Nests, to the lows of the lost firefights, constant Ravens Nest robberies and more. I have a certain type of respect for you, one that was bruised heavily when you began to get angry at your own members for just trying to help with your other projects. While I cant say I have the same respect I once had for you, I do still have respect for you as a member of the community and for what you have achieved in the past.

I hope you can find a balance for what needs to be done and what works if you do decide to return with RSM at your back. Good luck.

Morgan, I've been through RSM through thick and thin on my joining, through the highs of the first few Ravens Nests, to the lows of the lost firefights, constant Ravens Nest robberies and more. I have a certain type of respect for you, one that was bruised heavily when you began to get angry at your own members for just trying to help with your other projects. While I cant say I have the same respect I once had for you, I do still have respect for you as a member of the community and for what you have achieved in the past.

I hope you can find a balance for what needs to be done and what works if you do decide to return with RSM at your back. Good luck.

That reason I was angry was because a small portion of the new members, did not help. They wanted to break everything that RSM stood for and what me including some core members built up over the year. I could not accept a anyone that trash-talks or conspires behinds peoples backs. It is a very weak and cowardly way of dealing with things. Which is the reason I felt that that portion did not fit in with the core.

I can't really say I have the same respect for you as on the day I invited you as a trial. So I guess we are quite even on that point.

I like people that stay true to the cause and deals with suggestions or problems upright to the person. But you know, that is just how I am.

If you have any other things you feel that you need to lift from your heart, please do so in teamspeak or pm. I do not want this thread to become a flame war.