Server time: 2017-08-23, 19:44

Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnygt7

Abandoned Council base?Possibly underground?

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

So after i spend some time reading the RP section of the forums i came up with this idea.

We currently know almost nothing about the council.So i thought it would be a good time to start learning more about them.

Therefore i came up with this idea regarding a small settlement, not really a PCB or where people will go to sit and relax but a place where we will get more information regarding the council.

A small underground tunnel maybe?With old "destroyed" computers inside

and technology/information regarding them?

Nothing really big, but just a small place that CTC will discover somehow, that will contain information about the council.

The idea is to add more questions RP wise.

Such as "Why did they leave this place?"

"What happened here?"

Please post your opinions and let me know what you guys think :)

Voodoo    371

Adds more to RP but its all up to Tomeran

Underground bases are difficult to add in properly. There have been a few designs that players had created in the past that had never been officially approved.

Overall, cool idea and it doesn't even necessarily need to be the Council but underground bases are difficult in general.

Edit: Besides as Voodoo said ultimately Tomeran makes decisions on the over arching story-line.

Seems like a great idea.

Voodoo    371

Overall, cool idea and it doesn't even necessarily need to be the Council but underground bases are difficult in general.

I would love to see a metro system under the main cities and such but I doubt it would ever happen :P

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

It doesn't have to be necessarily underground.Maybe hidden in the forest! :P

Clammy    0

Great idea! If this is put in, we should have an event where we find where one of there surveillance bases and we fight them to gain control of it (This base)

Guest Graphix   
Guest Graphix

As mentioned before, it seems like making it underground would most likely prove to be extremely difficult(?) they did it in Namalsk, but I believe it was in the map itself. In Hardcorps they did it aswell, not sure how- but they managed.

I suppose it's up to Tomeran- and the devs, just to know if it's possible.

But if it's possible- +1

Someone made a great underground cave settlement before but it got turned down due to the fact it is extremely difficult to put in, especially due to the fact it can be very glitchy.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

Okay so as stated above it doesn't have to be underground.

Maybe a small office building/house in the forest ( idk how an office would make sense in the forest though lol)

with alot of paperwork on the ground, broken computers and empty shelves.Also maybe a border in the wall with chernarus map and an X where TP currently is? :P

Mystery.. oh i love mystery!:D

I would love to see a metro system under the main cities and such but I doubt it would ever happen :P

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro :)

Overall though our area of Chernarus doesn't need a metro or underground. It doesn't need it to facilitate the vast majority of rural areas and one between Cherno and Elektro is relatively pointless. The technical limitations are way beyond feasibility for that scale. Arma 2 editing does not include the map itself in going underground.

Remember the glitches in Taviana in the subway sections and falling through the map?

Bear's tunnel was added in above the map and made to look underground if I am not mistaken. Similarly someone had to build a cave and cover it with rocks to make it look underground.

Lucky    0

If Tomeran approves get with me, Im really good in the 3D/2D editor. I'd love to help :)

KoNos    1

I really like this idea buy sadly this is not up to us and the only one that will be able to deal with it unless you or anyone else will build it is the developers.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

If Tomeran approves get with me, Im really good in the 3D/2D editor. I'd love to help :)

If you feel like creating something like that go for it mate!I have no edi exp. therefore i can only suggest ;) .Just check the prev. post and try to add all of the things i mentioned i guess :P.

Im not sure, but if you could also add blood stains on the ground it would be brilliant!

i'm already planning with john :P

You could plan it along with Mrlucky if you want budd :)

Lucky    0

Yeah Ill see what I can do. Shouldn't be too hard with the map upgrades that are around. Will make a progress thread sometime.

wanna work together luckymrgun?

Sure, PM me.

Guest Graphix   
Guest Graphix

Apparently the 3D map editing files are not compatible with DayZRP, it's stated in the base-building-info-thing.

GrayGray    3

I'd love to see something like this. Something mysterious in a forest perhaps if the "underground" option isn't doable.

Guest Graphix   
Guest Graphix

Oh- and I don't really see how it could be council, as they were created in the wake of the apocalypse(?). So maybe prewar CDF base, it's up to Tomeran.

Lucky    0

Apparently the 3D map editing files are not compatible with DayZRP, it's stated in the base-building-info-thing.

3D for draft and heights, 2D for playability on the server :)

Quick search for details and other information valuable: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-the-underground-close-please

15oevp8zrc.png

Not possible unless done in NE where there are dents like that, as editing the map is impossible without files from Bohemia to edit Chernarus in the map tools (forgot the name).

Quick search for details and other information valuable: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-the-underground-close-please

15oevp8zrc.png

Not possible unless done in NE where there are dents like that, as editing the map is impossible without files from Bohemia to edit Chernarus in the map tools (forgot the name).

That's why I linked it...

All of your issues you will encounter for this project are in that thread.

Kravock    1

You can make it seem like its underground by having something like a trap door, and when accessed it will teleport you into a compound or building that is out in debug somewhere. This will give you the illusion that you have gone underground.

Owen    13

You can make it seem like its underground by having something like a trap door, and when accessed it will teleport you into a compound or building that is out in debug somewhere. This will give you the illusion that you have gone underground.

Would love to see this. I have seen this in Hard Corp when that was around.