Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:42

Sign in to follow this  
FudgingTeddy

How do we continue to allow this in our community?

There is one guy who recently has claimed 3 things to be his, a piece of writing, a base building menu and a base in game, all of which where stolen from other people, and no word of sorry or anything from him, the most I have seen done is the thread being closed, and a verbal warning?

How is this not ban worthy, or atleast warning points?

I have decided not to post the mans name publicly in respect for him, if he comes forward and allows me to put it here, I will, or if he continues to steal peoples stuff and claim it his.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

No need to name and shame man, even if not putting his name forward, no need for it. Let staff deal with it.

pointless thread, thread is pointless.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

pointless thread.

^this

If he deserves points admins or GM's will decide so and issue them

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Meh, if they want to commit plagiarism good for them, doesn't really affect anyone in this community.

Rolle    2440

We don't allow it, hence why his threads were closed and he just made a fool out of himself. I don't think he will be getting whitelisted any time soon.

Not sure why no warning was issued though, possibly because the embarrassment was enough of a punishment :D

Burgz    6

I did notice he didn't seem to actual respond to any of the plagiarism shouts. Anyone else? He didn't apologise but as far as I can see, he didn't even notice them? Weird.

Pointless? wot. I am sorry this was a serious question, tell me how this is "pointless"? This was me sharing my opinion and asking a question to the community, did not mean to shame anyone.

However I do think that this thread isn't needed, it has a point, but really not required.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Pointless? wot. I am sorry this was a serious question, tell me how this is "pointless"? This was me sharing my opinion and asking a question to the community, did not mean to shame anyone.

However I do think that this thread isn't needed, it has a point, but really not required.

I feel like your title is very deceiving.

Individuals who plagiarise is a common occurrence in the scheme of things, may not be to the extent of this, yet it happens and i'm sure you've accidentally done it in your life before.

The whole point i'm trying to make, is that it happens all around us and it's something we should be aware of (which we are), yet not go to an extent to put shame to an individual further for his wrong doings.

I'm sure he knows he has done wrong and hasn't replied due to the fact of embarrassment.

Yet, you've made a post to discuss what? How ignorant he was for posting what he did?

In that sense, it's not pointless, but completely wrong.

In regards, he's had his fair share of punishments. For me, the facing of embarrassment, humility and shame would be a much worse punishment then some minor warning points. On top of that, I doubt he'll be getting white listed anytime soon or treated the same as another individual who has recently joined the community.

Now, to get back to the point of why this thread is pointless.

It is pointless due to what it achieves.

All it achieves is a discussion about how wrong an individuals actions were and the the debate of why he didn't get a punishment that lives up to your expectations.

Secondly;

''How do we continue to allow this''

We aren't continuing to allow this at all.

Although he didn't receive a ban nor warning points, doesn't mean we are allowing him to continue this behavior. Like stated above, he will never be looked at with the same amount of trust and has seen a punishment in another aspect besides the common points of warning.

All in all, it happened, it was dealt with, and we simply need to move on from what happened and not make another fuss about it.

The threads were closed, just like the topic should have been.

pointless thread, thread is pointless.

Mhm, plagiarism is something common in every day life. Do we ban and blacklist people then?

It's not great and we have seen it in the past but there is no need to raise the pitchforks and torches.

I am sure he is embarrassed as is which is punishment in itself. Let him continue to ruin his reputation. The community will just do their best to make sure he improves and they will continually criticize him if he doesn't.

I feel like your title is very deceiving.

Individuals who plagiarise is a common occurrence in the scheme of things, may not be to the extent of this, yet it happens and i'm sure you've accidentally done it in your life before.

The whole point i'm trying to make, is that it happens all around us and it's something we should be aware of (which we are), yet not go to an extent to put shame to an individual further for his wrong doings.

I'm sure he knows he has done wrong and hasn't replied due to the fact of embarrassment.

Yet, you've made a post to discuss what? How ignorant he was for posting what he did?

In that sense, it's not pointless, but completely wrong.

In regards, he's had his fair share of punishments. For me, the facing of embarrassment, humility and shame would be a much worse punishment then some minor warning points. On top of that, I doubt he'll be getting white listed anytime soon or treated the same as another individual who has recently joined the community.

Now, to get back to the point of why this thread is pointless.

It is pointless due to what it achieves.

All it achieves is a discussion about how wrong an individuals actions were and the the debate of why he didn't get a punishment that lives up to your expectations.

Secondly;

''How do we continue to allow this''

We aren't continuing to allow this at all.

Although he didn't receive a ban nor warning points, doesn't mean we are allowing him to continue this behavior. Like stated above, he will never be looked at with the same amount of trust and has seen a punishment in another aspect besides the common points of warning.

All in all, it happened, it was dealt with, and we simply need to move on from what happened and not make another fuss about it.

The threads were closed, just like the topic should have been.

Well, I cant say I really disagree with you at all, I don't know if it was lack of sleep, or a spur of the moment when I created this, nor do I know why I created this thread.

Terra    1362

Good you cleared that up. I will close this then.

If you want it re-open, Pm me.

/closed