Server time: 2017-10-17, 00:19
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Phatal

Question About Torture

Question

Phatal    50

Question:What exactly are you allowed to do to someone when you have them captured and you are "interrogating" them without it forcing them to play with an impairment they don't want/What is the point that you have to ask if they are ok with you committing an action for the rp future?

Example: Beating someone, Shooting, Axing them questions, cutting into them, cutting OFF small limbs, etc. etc.

Background:I have heard and seen many different things done to people in game and often hear of people missing limbs such as fingers and toes etc. I have a few ideas of things my personal character would do and I am curious as to what would be: Acceptable without permission, Acceptable WITH permission, and Not-Acceptable.

9 answers to this question

Toorrik    4

Acceptable without Permission: Beating, punching, stabbing, suffocating lightly (?) ect. As long as you follow powergaming rules unless prearranged with the victim then its fine.

Basically, stuff that doesn't alter the appearance of their character is fine without permission. I.E no cutting into their Face. No limb cutting. Nothing that alters how their character acts and plays. Obviously this is a game but some people don't want RP like Limb cutting/Scaring forced onto them as it can severely affect their roleplay and your's if you meet again.

If you think what you are doing will alter their appearance or hinder their movement/gameplay, ask first. Better safe than sorry.

Phatal    50

Acceptable without Permission: Beating, punching, stabbing, suffocating lightly (?) ect. As long as you follow powergaming rules unless prearranged with the victim then its fine.

Basically, stuff that doesn't alter the appearance of their character is fine without permission. I.E no cutting into their Face. No limb cutting. Nothing that alters how their character acts and plays. Obviously this is a game but some people don't want RP like Limb cutting/Scaring forced onto them as it can severely affect their roleplay and your's if you meet again.

If you think what you are doing will alter their appearance or hinder their movement/gameplay, ask first. Better safe than sorry.

Alright thank you. This can be closed now. I was just interested as to how far I could go :D

Toorrik    4

Please, by all means ask more questions if you have any. Ill be happy to answer what I personally would deem acceptable and what isnt.

As I said, basic rule of thumb is;

Does it affect their characters appearance > Yes? > Ask first.

Does it affect their characters physical ability > Yes? > Ask first.

Phatal    50

Would you consider cutting down someone's leg with a knife light enough to break skin, but not leave a scar (aka make them bleed, and yes I typed that out in character even though the other party was ok with it). Would this be considered a rule break?

Toorrik    4

Yes, I would say that is fine. As long as you make sure the emote is written in a way that they know its not going to scar.

*Slowly and gently cuts into the skin just enough to make him bleed*

Toorrik    4

You too. If yourself or anyone else has questions about this subject, feel free to PM me and I'll try answer as best as I can.

SatansNightOut    105

Someone once shaved my character's head without asking.

But I just sort of... retcon'd afterwards.

I mean, I know it's not permanently impairing, but walking around bald wasn't exactly very appealing in any way. o_o

Toorrik    4

Yeah, if people do stuff like that to me without asking, I'd forget it all. Makes the next meetup more awkward than it needs to be :D