Server time: 2017-08-20, 10:01

Sign in to follow this  
Tomeran

CTC Broadcasting Services

Tomeran    3

((This is an RP-thread featuring radio broadcasts from the CTC's new "CTCBS" station at the Trade Post. It will primarily handle things like news(*cough*propaganda*cough*) with the occassional song inbetween. It can be heard over most common radios.))

Broadcast 1 - Introduction

[mp3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107470934/Broadcast%201.mp3[/mp3]

"Good evening, im Daniel Lewis, live from the CTC Zagorian Trade Post!

Those of you unfamiliar with the CTCBS, which I guess is the majority since most of you locals havent gone outside this province into the rest of Chernarus for quite the while, allow me to explain.

The CTCBS is here to provide you with your news, sponsored by the CTC. We'd like to think nothing brings people together like a bit of information, and im guessing most of you have been a bit in the dark lately as to the development of Chernarus, and not to mention the world!

So this is the CTC, your friendly benefactors, sharing this information with you.

Because they care.

I'll start with introducing myself.

Now yes, im an american, and the CTC are mostly local chernarussian natives. But I was a radio host in Atlanta back in the states prior to this and was caught here when all things went to hell.

The CTC were kind enough to take me in when I was about to die from gunshot wounds after a particurly deadly bandit attack, and ever since I sort of stuck with them. They're good people, and eventually they helped me get this radio show going.

I've been running it now for about 6 months, mostly in the western parts of the country, but I recently moved here to Zagoria to help spread the good word.

So what's the good word? Well, we're at war, ladies and gents.

Yep, it aint pretty. Them council fucks are up'n'at us, and they're at us good. Some of the news from this station will be about them. But it'll also be about other things. Big important things, mostly. I wont tell stories 'bout how someone lost their cat or somethin'.

Aint nobody got time fo' dat.

My purpose here is to help you folks keep track of things, to stay connected. Last I heard you were quite divided and very busy killing each other off, and news flash! Humanity's in a bit of a pickle!

Figured you could use the connection. We can all use a little connection!

Anyway, stay tuned, there'll be more coming soon.

And if you have anything worthy that concerns the general zagorian population and would qualify as "news", send me a letter or somethin'! Im ontop of "The Quiver" in the Trade Post. You can recognize me as the sexy devil there usually hangin' out in the radio room."

Before I leave, here's a little classical somethin' from Glenn Miller to satisfy your music needs before the next broadcast.

[mp3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107470934/Glenn%20Miller-In%20The%20Mood.mp3[/mp3]

((Anyone that wishes to send pictures or stories of big events that would qualify as news, feel free to send me a PM. Do note that this is fully an IC thing, and it is "sponsored" by the CTC. Therefore anti-CTC propaganda is naturally not welcome.

Oh and I realize my voice is HORRIBLE! I did about 15 different "takes" before I settled for this "old man" version. My throat was getting sore.

My "voice" radio broadcasting is....very very much a work in progress.

Oh and oh again, a final "nod" to Krimbo and Frayzies is in order for both, in their own way, serving as inspiration to this idea.))

Jared    9

Off-topic but I can't hear the name Lewis without thinking of a certain hated youtuber.

Nice going Tomeran, been waiting for a long while for another radio type thing to start up and with a voice like yours I'm more then happy. <3

Really like the idea, but maaaybe you should let someone else do the recordings?

Mikasa    2

Really like the idea, but maaaybe you should let someone else do the recordings?

Nooo! When the broadcast started I already had a big grin on my face. That voice! xD

Wonderful idea, will be great to hear more of this in the future!

Tomeran    3

Trust me, I hate my voice something fiercely and I had doubt wether it was suitable for this. But this is an IC character as much as anything else, and I want to be able to do these broadcasts on a pretty short notice. Having someone else do the voice would mean...complications. Still, its something I considered. And I considered having it text only as well. But voice seemed more immersive(I suppose). In the end I figured fuck it, I'll give it a go. The "elderly man" version was the only one that seemed acceptable after about 15 recording attempts.

That being said, Im gonna try to get in touch with Frayzies to see if he'd like to help out. :D

simiskovich    0

'Now yes, im an american, and the CTC are mostly local chernorussian natives.'

I'm sorry, but I cannot go any further :(

Nice story btw, If only the Chernarussian radio would come back along with this.

Mellstrom    21

Radio's back, time to settle down at my camp and listen to news again.

Sin    114

If only the Chernarussian radio would come back along with this.

Maybe CLF can support a ChernArussian hour.

[video=youtube]

Trust me, I hate my voice something fiercely and I had doubt wether it was suitable for this. But this is an IC character as much as anything else, and I want to be able to do these broadcasts on a pretty short notice. Having someone else do the voice would mean...complications. Still, its something I considered. And I considered having it text only as well. But voice seemed more immersive(I suppose). In the end I figured fuck it, I'll give it a go. The "elderly man" version was the only one that seemed acceptable after about 15 recording attempts.

That being said, Im gonna try to get in touch with Frayzies to see if he'd like to help out. :D

It's not that I don't like your voice but it was your choice of going American that kinda threw me off, also, I'm sure there is someone in this community that could do a great job in short notice.

But either way, my only suggestion would be to maybe get some kind of radio filter?

Mellstrom    21

If only the Chernarussian radio would come back along with this.

Maybe CLF can support a ChernArussian hour.

[video=youtube]

Sometimes when i log in to Arma i just stay and listen to the whole song before continuing on with whatever i was doing.

Bianco    0

CTC BS is pretty accurate :troll:

Just kidding though, nice work

Sin    114

CTC BS is pretty accurate :troll:

OMG, I never noticed that! Good catch. ROFL

To be perfectly clear, I had nothing to do with this CTCBS and didn't even know about it before it happened, just got lucky enough to make first post. I am planning on taking advantage of CTCBS's services though.

Stay tuned!

enar21    1

"Ain't nobody got time fo' dat."

Haha :'D

Very nicely done once again Tomeran!

Very nicely done good work Tomeran!

Darterz    0

Very good work man! Found myself caught up in it almost right after pushing play.

Tomeran    3

Broadcast 2

(Without voice this time as Im feeling lazy)

Good evening, ladies and gents, and welcome back to CTCBS.

Its been an eventful couple of days, to say the least, and we have quite the news compilation for you.

The council war is hot and active, and we have both good and bad news.

Lets start off with the good news, to light them spirits out there listening to this channel.

A few days ago, a CTC scout named Markas was discovered in council territory. Having vital intel on his person, the CTC needed to extract him, but most assets were busy elsewhere to retrieve him properly. Worse yet, council ground assets were hot on his heels.

Therefore, local commander Nadyev, in all his wisdom, turned to you folks and asked the local zagorians for help.

And you delivered. Local rescue parties came to Markas's aid in the last minute. What followed was an intense cat and mouse across much of central Zagoria as Markas was finally brought to the radio station at Lesnoy Khrebit. There he could radio for help from the CTC, whom provided a freshly available MI-17(having just returned from the bandit fight) to pick him and the friendly surviving rescue forces up.

There were casualties however, and the CTC is very grateful for the sacrifice these men and women did in order to preserve this information.

Naturally we cant divulge the nature of this information over radio, we can only say we have some information as that is what the council already knows.

But we can say that it was worth it, and express a big sign of gratitude towards the ladies and gents of the local zagorian forces that helped make Markas's safe retrieval a reality.

In order good news, and this one's only a few hours old, a recent small council attack was stopped dead in its tracks just outside the Trade Post gates. A BMP light tank and a gunship were brought down by combined CTC and survivor forces, although the Trade Post did suffer some casualties and damage in the process.

Unfortunetly, CTCBS also has some bad news to deliver.

A major council airstrike against the CTC compound at Miroslavl resulted in a lot of damage, and extensive casualties for the CTC. However the local soldiers did manage to fight the airstrike off and prevent the total destruction of the facility.

In South Zagoria, almost at the same time, council forces ambushed and destroyed a large part of the Outpost Ranger group at Pobeda dam. Only one ranger survived the ambush, badly wounded, with the majority being killed or missing in action. Since only a handful of the rangers were not present, this resulted in the disbanding of the group and its survivors scattered.

These attacks shows clearly that this is an enemy that will not stop, and they are willing to target and destroy any of you, even if you're friendly and dont want to cause trouble with them. They dont care, because they want you dead. Unfortunetly its that simple.

This is an enemy we need to fight together, and I genuinly believe that we have to stop fighting each other to focus on the common enemy.

This is Lewis, live from the front lines here in Zagoria, where I'll be keeping all of you posted on the recent events.

And hey, why not a little song to go along with it. This one's a favourite of mine from my ol' days in 'nam."

[mp3]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107470934/Creedence%20Clearwater%20Revival_%20Fortunate%20Son.mp3[/mp3]

Rifleman    14

Feels like the Enclave Radio Station back in Fallout 3 (Well, sort of, I don't mean in the evil propaganda kind of way - but the more serious, straight faced news as opposed to Frayzies with Chernarus Live! Which was more like Galaxy News or the Music Radio in New Vegas). Loving this Tomeran, Perhaps us Fangs might be featured soon?

Keep this up Tomeran - for all our sakes.

P.S. Tell Frayzies to restart Chernarus Live! - Two rival radio stations would be a hell of a thing to see!

Sign in to follow this