Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:15
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Spike9

Is DayzRP Anti Bandit?

Spike9    1

Is DayzRP Anti Bandit? that is the topic for today.

I for one feel that it is.

why? you may ask?

Well one is the never ending string of reports you get when you are a Bandit.

lets say you rob a player. you must ask your self a number of things.

1. did he hear/see the initiation.

2. is he doing what I ask, in a time frame that works for the player being robbed.

3. is his food/drink/blood ok?

4. is he safe?

5. will he be safe after the robbing.

6. if I am shot at who is it? good guy helping? part of a clan?

7. if I am shot at I hope I can make sure he is ok during the scuffle.

8. did I give this person good rp?

9. did he give me good RP?

10. did he break any rules? meta after radio was taken?

11. did I break any of the before stated rules?

12. did he do as I say after the robbing?

13. Gosh I better go sit on forums for next hour to see if I was reported.

this is a sad but not complete list of thing that you must do every time.

now being some one who has been a super good guy (CTC) and sum of the server (MDR) I know both sides of this coin. one is that many players look for ways to get a report on a bandit, it is sad but true.

most bandits run into a non stop string of OOC hate.

and most big bandit groups don't last more than a year.

SDS by some act of god has last a long time. I gota say good job on that one guys. but in that same not how many former SDS are perma banned?

Now I feel that most people in dayzRP hate getting robbed,i know I do, it is part of dayzRP.

But Every, AND I MEAN EVERY, bandit group I have played with has same problem. after most robberies most firefights and so on, the next hour is on the forums looking to see the report that is now posted.

why is this the case? should dayzRP be bandit free? is it anti bandit?

thoughts, comments, concerns go!

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Is DayzRP Anti Bandit?

Yes.

Burgz    6

Is DayzRP Anti Bandit?

Yes.

I second that. From what I've seen, I truely think it is.

Rolle    2930

Of course it is, it has to be. If it weren't it would be like the 5000 other servers out there ;)

IAmJackBandit    77

I don't think its Anti-bandit I just believe it puts certain limits on banditry to make things fair for all. I agree with what Rolle said, if these limitations were not in place we would just have a regular kos server and not that much rp.

Muntz    3

Yo, It's hard to be bandity. I feel you man. I feel you.

On a serious note, there need to be restrictions on bandit behaviour. Completely necessary.

Frisia    8

Hmmm but what about the Outlaws? They are Bandits rob people and stuff but got verry good roleplaying and their group has personality and all. I never seen anyone get rectum disfunction about them or any reports for that mather.

Spike9    1

Clearly this is ment to be dayzrp rules bandits not normal server bandits.

Burgz    6

Hmmm but what about the Outlaws? They are Bandits rob people and stuff but got verry good roleplaying and their group has personality and all. I never seen anyone get rectum disfunction about them or any reports for that mather.

They've disbanded no?

Rolle    2930

Yes, I know. What I meant is that if we didn't have all these restrictions you mentioned in place, everyone would be a bandit. There would be no point or incentive to play a friendly player, just like on public HIVE. And when everyone is a bandit the DayZRP would be reduced to DayZNoKoS and with time the amount of aggression would cause the KoS to happen more and more often, reducing our servers to something similar to public server experience.

The Clown    1

1+2+4+5+11+12: should usually be easy enough, if it isn't for you, you won't have it easy as a hero/civ neither.

3+9: shouldn't be much of your concern. If he need food / drinks / blood he has a mouth and can tell you. Obviously that doesn't apply for blood as much if you just shot him in the leg but then again that would move this point to the numbers above.

6: Does it really matter too much ? You get shot at, you shoot back.

7: Well sure you might not wanna use the guy as a human shield, or actually that would be a pretty cool thing though I'm not too sure if that is within the rules. But in the end his friends or the good samaritans have to make sure they shoot the right people, or not ?

If this point is more aimed at zeds being a pain in the ass, well, if they wouldn't charge your hostage they would charge you and you would have to take care of them anyways.

8: Well, you can only try your best right ? But that's what you're here for after all.

10: Meh. If it isn't obvious you won't be able to prove it anyways and might aswell let it go. Not too much thinking involved.

13: Well well. You don't have to, right ? If you know what you did and what you didn't do and you are sure you didn't break rules, just chill out. Someone will probably tell you at some point that there is that report. Might aswell enjoy your life until then.

Edit: About the lifetime of bandit clans: Isn't that the same with non-bandit clans ? Some have it in them, some don't...

Frisia    8

They've disbanded no?

Cause of inactivity yes OOC hate and reports no.

Anyway what this thread has sparked my curiousty is how can bandit clans possibly gain OOC hate from people?

You people can say the usual of the loss of gear but people arnt here for gear or else they would be on epoch.

Terra    1449

I dont think it is.

To be a bandit should be difficult and not easy.

Most Bandit Clans do not even last a year, it´s a rare thing, like BHM or SDS. The most bandit clans do disband at some point and this is most likely NOT related to the rules. Some of them just can´t play by the rules and only look for their enjoyment, some of them disband because of personal issues.

You can not generalize bandit clans. Not every Bandit clan has the problems you speak about.

We have these rules to make RP enjoyable for everyone. I like to get robbed if it is done in maybe a unique way. I love to be a hostage if both parties provide good and enjoyable Rp, same for torture.

There has to be a line (rules) to control situations to prevent rule breaks and to make sure both sides actually have fun.

In other words, if you play a bandit, it will be more difficult than to play a hero. But if you do it the right way you can have lot´s of fun and you can provide your Victim a good time too.

IAmJackBandit    77

As said the limitations on banditry are in place make the experience fair for all, majority of the reports that are open are either solved over teamspeak or clear rule breaks, also these limitations are not just for players that want to be bandits, they are for each and every player on the server....

Mace    10

DayZRP is anti-bad banditing. Do it right, RP it up. That is all.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Cause of inactivity yes OOC hate and reports no.

Anyway what this thread has sparked my curiousty is how can bandit clans possibly gain OOC hate from people?

You people can say the usual of the loss of gear but people arnt here for gear or else they would be on epoch.

OOC hate spouts from many things.

You could win in a firefight and the losers begin to hate your clan as a result.

You could take their gear and they begin to hate you as a result.

You could simply do to them what others rarely do and they will hate your clan as a result.

It can be anything and most the time the OOC hate is idiotic and pointless.

BobitoZ    0

I've been involved in many, many...many robberies. 99.5% of them result in no reports.

Just the other day I was a hostage in the middle of a firefight between two clans and there was not a report.

Lots of things happen on the server that don't get reported. Last 24 hours 300+ people played. How many reports were there in that same time?

I feel many people are just focusing on the negative.

Terra    1449

Is DayzRP Anti Bandit?-snip-

Nothing else to say? It´s a serious discussion, so maybe fill your post with a little bit more then just a gif. And if you dont have a serious opinion, then just dont comment. Thank you

Chris    63

Very much this.

Burgz    6

Very much this.

Of course! How else do you suppose everything gets better? :P

We could pretend the server is perfect, but that won't get us very far...

Tomeran    3

Very much this.

We could also pretend a lot of other things to make it seem worse then it is. Which a lot of people do. Unfortunetly.

Basicly, what Mace said. Its anti BAD bandit. RP it up, do it right. Its hard to be bandity, but its hard for a reason. A very very legitimate reason.

Spike9    1

Is DayzRP Anti Bandit?-snip-

Nothing else to say? It´s a serious discussion, so maybe fill your post with a little bit more then just a gif. And if you dont have a serious opinion, then just dont comment. Thank you

I dont care for his lack discussion as well. But he did not have to say much to prove a point. Most people feel dayzrp Is anti bandit. It is sad but true. As shown by the overflow of simple 'yes' comments

BobitoZ    0

Very much this.

We should always try to be improving ourselves.

Conflicts arise when it becomes obvious that one party does not feel the need, or make an effort to improve their game-play.

I know there are lots of things I could be doing better.

People and groups that last a long time; you can almost track their efforts to improve.