Server time: 2017-10-23, 13:38
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ad3sa

Aiden T. Pearce's Journal [[Cuz We Don't Have Enough of These Already :P]]

Guest ad3sa   
Guest ad3sa

Day 1:

After the boat went down I thought I was a goner. Fate is a cruel mistress.

Spend the last night huddled up in a shed on some island. Horrible cough, sneezing, pounding headache this morning.

Swam to the far shore at the crack of dawn. Capsized coast guard boat. Canned beans, bottled water, painkillers, flares. Guess I'm not out of the game just yet.

Day 2:

Made my way west. Saw some town signs. I'm somewhere Russian. -They- are here too. Whole world has gone down the drain.

Stumbled upon an abandoned campsite at the limits of a bigger city. This will do. Looted a revolver and an old rifle from the fire station next door. Place looked lived in.

Headache seems to be on the level.

Day 3:

Spend the whole day watching the infected from the roof. Saw a woman get torn to shreds as she was making a run for it. Wasn't pretty. She won't miss her gear.

A few people stumbled upon the camp late in the afternoon. Shawn Greene, one of them. Good guy. Gave me a radio. Lead us further west under the cover of night. Knows what he's doing. Gave me a radio.

Apparently I'm in "Chernoruz". ??? South Zurgorio ???

Ran into another group in "Cherno". One of us got chomped. He's gone. We tried to make it out of the city. Didn't work. Horde was on our tail. We split. Lost Shawn in the dark.

Got chased back into the city, more infected. Managed to hide in the loft of a two story home. Spend the night there.

Day X:

Don't know how long I've been unconscious. I remember hotwiring a car in Cherno. Remember driving in the dark back east. Occasional loud bumps. Hope I didn't hit anything human.

Back at the camp outside of "Elektro". Car's gone. Nobody bothered checking the tents for its owner. Can barely stand. I think I'll sleep.

Day X+1:

Spend the whole day sleeping. Literally crawled into the city in the dark. Holed up in a grocery store. Ate everything that looked edible. Need my strength back.

Rainy outside. Making me sleepy.

Day X+2:

Dreamt about back home. Before the outbreak. Sleep was good. Got some camping equipment from the store. Left for the hills. Set up camp.

My radio is busted.

Water, food, "roof" over my head. I can make this. Feeling slightly better.

============

More to come as time goes on.

Hofer    20

As I said yesterday. Your characters name is againt the rules.

Guest ad3sa   
Guest ad3sa

We are going to have to respectfully disagree on that one and take it to a higher court, because as it stands I feel you are attacking me on a rather personal level. Thank you.

DunnZ    0

Nice Journal, but yeah, no Aiden in Chernarus. It would be too weird with people like Leon Kennedy, Max Payne and whatnot running about. Hofer is absolutely not attacking you on a personal level.

You cannot have Aiden Pearce as your name. It's the main character from Watchdogs and as stated in the rules you cannot have a name like that.

Nice read tho.

enar21    1

Your writing is very good but you still need to change the name, sorry.

Guest ad3sa   
Guest ad3sa

Nice Journal, but yeah, no Aiden in Chernarus. It would be too weird with people like Leon Kennedy, Max Payne and whatnot running about. Hofer is absolutely not attacking you on a personal level.

Several levels of no.

First of all, Aiden is as common a name as it gets. So is Pearce. Not to mention Thomas.

Second of all, while we are at it, why not complain it's similar to the name of the ghost in Beyond: Two Souls. Or, the main character of Timeshift. Why Watch Dogs?

Because they aren't games of recent memory. Rubs you wrong? Fine. I apologise my character's name, that I've been using for years, happens to be similar to Ubisoft's latest and greatest.

Is it my fault? Not really. There'll come a day when your character's name or your friend's character's name will be featured in a triple-A title by pure coincidence. What will you do then? You all think about that then get back to me, please.

EDIT:

Figured I'd post this excerpt from Aiden's background for aperture and to show why his name isn't against naming rules, what so ever.

Having acquired British Citizenship after living in the country for five years, he englified his name to Aiden T. Pearce from Ede Tamás Pásztor.

Muntz    3

We are going to have to respectfully disagree on that one and take it to a higher court, because as it stands I feel you are attacking me on a rather personal level. Thank you.

Unfortunately our community rules do not allow recognisable names to be used in game. This is due to the possibility of ruining immersion and to remove trolly names (among other reasons). I have sent you a PM further clarifying this subject.

Hofer is right. Having celebrities, famous people names is not allowed so you have to change it.

DunnZ    0

I don't complain about Timeshift or Beyond: Two souls because the character's names are not Aiden Pearce in those games and you're not using their names, right? But using the name, like a couple of weeks or so after the Watch Dogs release is a little bit more convenient than that.

If you've used a name for years and some title come's out with that name? It's up for debate, some might have you change it to avoid a fuss, and some might allow it because you've been using it for so long. Personally I'd have the guy change it because at the end of the day it's just a name for your RP character, so it's not a big deal to change it. And yes, you might say that "Indeed it's just a name for my RP character, so it's not a big deal for me to have that name" but it is, for having people running around with famous names like that all over will break immersion and whatnot. Atleast I hope that's not just me.

I'll refrain from cluttering down this thread any further from now on.

Muntz    3

/closing.