Server time: 2017-08-19, 18:44

Sign in to follow this  
iKarma

Peer reviews for applications

Question

iKarma    0

Sounds cheesy and whatnot, but is having others look at the application for input allowed? I forgot one part of the KoS rule in my first and got rejected, and don't want to make a dumbass mistake like that again and have to worry about my last chance to get whitelisted.

6 answers to this question

Burgz    6

Yeah buddy, that's fine! I'll happily try and help you out with it :D

The point of an application is so the admins can see if you know the rules of the server before joining. This is a rather touchy subject;

> Having someone do the application for you is 100% against the rules.

> People telling you what to write also comes under the same roof.

However, people can give you tips on how to structure and what to include in the application. For example; an ex-admin made this thread (When he was an admin).

A good tip:

Treat admins like if they were new players when describing rules.

This refers back to the whole point of you knowing the rules. This is so that when you join the servers you know what to do and what not to do. The reason they say you should be able to describe the rules to a new player is so they know you understand all of it yourself.

To completely answer your question is; You have to write everything yourself; However, you can seek tips for questions you may need answering. Just never ask for someone to write anything out for you.

I'll be happy to help you with your application and point out a few tips. I will take my time to read it and give you a few heads up; a good start is to read the thread I linked further up.

iKarma    0

I already have the entire thing written, I just wanted to know if I can send it to someone to have them look it over for obvious mistakes. Burgz already offered to help, I read the thread, I just want to get this right.

I already have the entire thing written, I just wanted to know if I can send it to someone to have them look it over for obvious mistakes. Burgz already offered to help, I read the thread, I just want to get this right.

Ok then, sounds like you're good to go :)

If you need other opinions on your application then feel free to PM me at any time.

Do you have anymore questions?