Server time: 2017-08-17, 23:07

Sign in to follow this  
Alan Woods

Bad Serial Key given at Setup problem[FIXED]

Question

Alan Woods    3

So... I just updated the mod and after it,I went on DayZ Commander and upgraded the beta and I forgot about the problems...

Now how do I downgrade?

I saw some fixes,but they don't work in my case,since I can't find the beta folder...

Any help or do I have to reinstall the game?

21 answers to this question

You can find the beta folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion

Graffels    1

what beta are you currently running?

And with commander you should be able to downgrade, just selects 103718 in the drop down menu and let it install.

You can find the beta folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion

This is the standard path so the first bit might differ if you have installed it on a different drive.

Alan Woods    3

I tried downgrading with Commander and it gives me an error saying that it's already at the newest patch.

And with this new patch,apparently the beta folder is removed...

So any other ideas?

Or is the reinstall option the only way?

I tried downgrading with Commander and it gives me an error saying that it's already at the newest patch.

So your beta folder is not showing up in the expansions folder?

Alan Woods    3

So your beta folder is not showing up in the expansions folder?

Yes.

DKmintz    0

I've been having A LOT of issues with this myself. My biggest problem was that I had an error flashing up saying 'Wrong CD Key' or something similar and literally NOTHING that I would do would fix the issue as it simply wouldn't let the beta patch roll back.

What I have done is completely uninstall everything ArmA 2 related, went into the Steam folders and deleted anything remaining.

I can now roll back the patch through DayZ Commander. It stall has the issue with flashing 'Wrong CD' or something, but I can't fix that right now because 1 I don't know what the issue is! & 2 it works regardless. And if it ain't broke...

Thats what I had to do, I have just this minute rolled back the beta patch and I have yet to run DayZRP so I may be speaking prematurely but there has certainly been progress.

edit - to clarify, the 'Wrong CD Key' error was preventing me to roll back the patch for some reason, hence the re-install

Go onto DayZ Commander and find this option in the install/update section. Then when you see this:

d07a0a0230.png

You click on the drop down box and then downgrade back to 103718

(As you can see mine is telling me that I am out of date but that is because I am running the version that DayZRP uses)

Graffels    1

Seeing as the new updates will be done by steam-works you might have to look in your steam library.

Right click on operation arrowhead, properties, beta's and make sure you are oped out of all beta's then re-install 103718 by DayZ commander

Alan Woods    3

Go onto DayZ Commander and find this option in the install/update section. Then when you see this:

d07a0a0230.png

You click on the drop down box and then downgrade back to 103718

(As you can see mine is telling me that I am out of date but that is because I am running the version that DayZRP uses)

I tried that and it doesn't work...

I'm gonna see if Graffel's idea is good :)

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Graffels method will essentially overwrite the files from the later version. You need to manually delete the files and then patch it.

Buck99    0

im not able to install any of these patches I get this error when trying to install

its says something along the lines of This version of arma OA (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62)?

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

im not able to install any of these patches I get this error when trying to install

its says something along the lines of This version of arma OA (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62)?

Follow my steps and it should work for you.

Buck99    0

Follow my steps and it should work for you.

Ive already found a solution to my problem but thanks!

Alan Woods    3

Graffels method will essentially overwrite the files from the later version. You need to manually delete the files and then patch it.

What files?

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

What files?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta

this folder

Alan Woods    3

Now I have another problem:

Bad Serial Key given at Setup...

Any help?

Anyone who had this problem found a fix?

Fixed.

Thanks Alyd :D

Now I have another problem:

Bad Serial Key given at Setup...

Any help?

Anyone who had this problem found a fix?

Fixed.

Thanks Alyd :D

What did you do to fix the problem, Alan?