Server time: 2017-10-19, 05:39
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Conor

Stop Meta-gaming.

Conor    254

I would just like to make this thread, to remind people.

YOU DO NOT KNOW THE NAME 'FALLEN' IN CHARACTER.

I know people might let it slip out, especially when talking to text RPers etc. But it is getting slightly out of hand.

I will soon stop going OOC to tell people not to Meta-Game the name 'Fallen' and will instead just make reports.

Thank you.

#RantOver

SatansNightOut    105

I had some genius walk up to me at TP the other day, asking for IDs. I used voice chat to refuse to give him my ID but when I ended up doing an action text, he walks up to me and goes, "Oh, you're part of the Fallen".

((NICE METAGAME ASSHOLE))

Seriously. And it doesn't just go for the Fallen. Learn to get information in-game, In-Character please. Tyvm. <3 :)

Voedric    28

Also by the way, in game on cars and on our arms the badge doesn't even say "Fallen" under it.

All that that line of code that makes the name under the XMLS is just this

----

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Yeah pretty sure iv been moaning about this problem a lot recently too...

Yes, but you patch is very similar / identical to the old one. When people see it om game they would obviously assume you were at least associated with the group they met in the past with the same emblem and name of ISOA

Valkerion    0

Yes, but you patch is very similar / identical to the old one. When people see it om game they would obviously assume you were at least associated with the group they met in the past with the same emblem and name of ISOA

Nope i dont mind people doing that in fact that leads to some interesting RP.

It when people come up to us and know all about us.

Its a shock how many people know my character's name for example considering iv only told about 5 people.

Or how people know that we are "Chernarussian Nationalists" i expected this to get around but not nearly as fast as it did...

You want to know the best one? someone asked me where my settlement is hidden....not even in the game yet and someone knows about it...magic

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Its a shock how many people know my character's name for example considering iv only told about 5 people

Saying that you do not mind is not the case as you have expressed annoyance about the subject here and elsewhere. Also in game I mentioned about how I used to know Gavril and instead of it leading to some "interesting RP" you went OOC to tell me too read the clan thread as it was bot the same group.

Major Tom    88

Well to be fair, how are people supposed to know? This is something that few clans enforce. For most people, seeing the tag on your arm or the name in the ID gives them knowledge of the group's name. Unless they specifically know that Fallen and ISOA want their names figured out ingame, then how are they going to know?

You can't really get angry at people for playing the game the same way everyone else has for months. True it's better RP to find out the name through IC matters but most people just don't care.

How come you guys want special treatment? Why's the name so secret anyways? It's a whole lot easier for everyone involved if you just be open with the name. I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just saying it can make things confusing for people who don't understand.

Valkerion    0

Its a shock how many people know my character's name for example considering iv only told about 5 people

Saying that you do not mind is not the case as you have expressed annoyance about the subject here and elsewhere. Also in game I mentioned about how I used to know Gavril and instead of it leading to some "interesting RP" you went OOC to tell me too read the clan thread as it was bot the same group.

Saying i do not mind is the case...not sure how you can argue my own thoughts can you read my mind?

But yes i admit that sometimes it does annoy me purely because of the fact that the disclaimer is sooooooooooooooooo big and somehow people disregard it or put me into awkward as hell situations.

I normally give a response like "we are not them but we get compared with them a lot i dont know why" but you know some people just dont get it and continue to push it and thats annoying because i cant RP out of it if they keep forcing it on me.

Also for Major Tom its not really special treatment its just common sense really how do people know they are called the fallen? the logo certainly doesnt say it and they definitely dont go around saying it.

Our name gets around a bit more due to initiations and such which is why it doesnt bother me to much any more however it did on our first few days back.

Same case with the council really its a real shock how much information people know about a supposedly super secret group

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

*cough*CTC kicking my friend off TP cause they magically know what he wroted on his notebook just due to text RP*cough*

Metagaming is becoming a huge issue lately, especially due to many new (at least I hope they're new) members. If it doesn't interrupt/disturb your RP in a major way let it slip or "//inform" the guy, but if it affects you alot I'd say put up a report

Although OT, I think people are still allowed to use the patch/logo on cars/skin to see you're part of a group, as Major Tom said I dont see an issue considering the rules about it are the same for a while.

Can I join in on this too? People seem to bring up Vigilantes around us, and we don't even hint to that ic, it's pretty ennoying.

SatansNightOut    105

people are still allowed to use the patch/logo on cars/skin to see you're part of a group

Yes, but in our case, all they'd see is a Black Hand...nothing that says or refers to "The Fallen"... which like, literally has only been spoken aloud ICly maybe a handful of times, and when we were far from any other players. *sagenod*

I myself have literally only said Fallen twice In Character (Yes, I've kept track). Once while I was first indoctrinated. And once in my journal.

So yeah. Boo-yah.

Valkerion    0

Can I join in on this too? People seem to bring up Vigilantes around us, and we don't even hint to that ic, it's pretty ennoying.

Already? uv been approved what 2 days?

Guest GreenGod   
Guest GreenGod

Butch gave your group name out.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

people are still allowed to use the patch/logo on cars/skin to see you're part of a group

Yes, but in our case, all they'd see is a Black Hand...nothing that says or refers to "The Fallen"... which like, literally has only been spoken aloud ICly maybe a handful of times, and when we were far from any other players. *sagenod*

I myself have literally only said Fallen twice In Character (Yes, I've kept track). Once while I was first indoctrinated. And once in my journal.

So yeah. Boo-yah.

I get your point man, and I agree. personaly even if I know everything about a group OOC I dont use it IC until I learn it IC, not even the name/logo.

But as I said, I'm pretty sure that the rules cover them (whoever metagamed etc), I think the rules allow that kind of metagaming, so it's up to every idividual to choose learning stuff IC or just using that small bit of metagaming to insta-know things as names of groups and connect logos to names etc

SatansNightOut    105

I think the rules allow that kind of metagaming, so it's up to every idividual to choose learning stuff IC or just using that small bit of metagaming to insta-know things as names of groups and connect logos to names etc

Would you be kind enough to link me to the source of where you read this? :)

Snow    1

I think the rules allow that kind of metagaming, so it's up to every idividual to choose learning stuff IC or just using that small bit of metagaming to insta-know things as names of groups and connect logos to names etc

I can't find the exact location, but somewhere it says that you're allowed to use the XML in place of a clan patch, if the skin they're wearing doesn't show them. Since this only really applies if your character would recognize the patch in the first place (which no one does apparently), it's no help here.

Not possible. He told me himself that all he said was that it was a clothing line.

I'll have have Butch answer to this himself, but a pm instead, let's not take this anywhere it doesn't need to go.

Edit

On top of the fact that his character doesn't know the -actual- clan name anyways. Vigilance and Vigilantes is just a cover up of the real name. I built my clan to go around metagaming, so, eh. Call us what you like, magic pixies if you want.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

I can second this. He stated he was with the 'group' and gave us intel on the clan as a whole.

Conor    254

Although OT, I think people are still allowed to use the patch/logo on cars/skin to see you're part of a group

I am fine when people come up to me and ask me what the patch on my arm is, I just shrug it off and say it's a clothing brand or some other excuse.

What I am getting at is when people come up to me and say "Hey, you're part of the fallen"

or

"I see that patch on your arm, one of the fallen huh?"

How do they know what the fallen is? It says nowhere on the patch anything to do with the fallen.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Like Snow mentioned, I can't find the exact rule now, but it's been stated muliple times that using the xml is allowed, after all that's the point of it. I hope a staff member can confirm or correct me on this, as a a lot of people still do it, and even more consider it legit (including me).

If I recall correctly it says that: you can use the clanpatch to reckognize the group, and if the skin doesnt show a patch, then the text clantag ( "RPName Nameson[GROUP]" ) can be used instead.

Of course you need some RP included, the guy cant go: hey I just met you, and you're Fallen

IAmJackBandit    77

Like Snow mentioned, I can't find the exact rule now, but it's been stated muliple times that using the xml is allowed, after all that's the point of it. I hope a staff member can confirm or correct me on this, as a a lot of people still do it, and even more consider it legit (including me).

If I recall correctly it says that: you can use the clanpatch to reckognize the group, and if the skin doesnt show a patch, then the text clantag ( "RPName Nameson[GROUP]" ) can be used instead.

Of course you need some RP included, the guy cant go: hey I just met you, and you're Fallen

Yes using the XML is allowed but IC all they would see is a Black Hand, they would not see Fallen, as its not even on the patch so for all someone would know is their group is called The Black Hand...

Snow    1

Yes using the XML is allowed but IC all they would see is a Black Hand, they would not see Fallen, as its not even on the patch so for all someone would know is their group is called The Black Hand...

It's got the watchers logo inside of it though, and a lot of people would recognize that.

SatansNightOut    105

It's got the watchers logo inside of it though, and a lot of people would recognize that.

Yeah, but no one goes around calling us the Watchers, either. ;P

I can't find the rule either but I remember reading it before the rules were updated, it said that even if a skin doesn't show a patch your group can be identified if you are in an clan XML. Although I agree that IF the actual patch doesn't say "FALLEN" the word shouldn't come up, but rather something like "hey I see you wear that patch with a hand on it on your shoulder, I've seen it before..."