Server time: 2017-08-18, 12:51

Sign in to follow this  

bad rp questions

Question

Okay, so what if you hate a person or group ic and someone in their group is, lets say, getting married or having like some baptism or being inducted into something, what if I came and crashed that by initiating when they least expect it? Is it against the rules for bad rp or no?

13 answers to this question

It'd be a dick move, especially if they planned it, depending on how you role play it determines if they claim bad role play or not.

Pyrah    1

If it was a group would it not be No Value for Life? If you initiate alone anyway. You are most likely going to be met with hostility if they out number you.

It'd be a dick move, especially if they planned it, depending on how you role play it determines if they claim bad role play or not.

so what if I have a huge force/army and I walk in yelling, "I'm crashing this fucking party, Everyone drop your weapons or you will be shot." And roleplay as I hate those people and kill their friends in front of them to make them feel pain? Would that be report worhty?

If you have a good reason to then it's legit. It's an initiation nevertheless, just make sure it is well role-played out and what not; Follow rules and you'll be fine.

Ok first you will need to know about the wedding IC, meaning someone would have to inform you about it...and I don't think you can execute their friends or anyone without a good IC reason

Burgz    6

I think this happened at Terra and Matthew's first wedding and I think the only problem was the fact that they KOSed a bunch of people and shit xD

As long as you play everything by the rules, it should be okay!

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

I think executions should only be done for a real, real good IC reason.

And not just 'oh, he is in a clan on the enemy list' but some actual IC reason to asbolutely hate someone.

I know about a 'certain' wedding IC yes from a good friend and informant. And why yes I do, I was kicked out of the group and banished and they hurt many of my friends and have almost killed me multiple times. So yes, I do have IC reason to kill most of the people who are going to be there.

Revilo    7

I know about a 'certain' wedding IC yes from a good friend and informant. And why yes I do, I was kicked out of the group and banished and they hurt many of my friends and have almost killed me multiple times. So yes, I do have IC reason to kill most of the people who are going to be there.

c-c-can i join you :D

Mush    2

My personal opinion on the original post is rather simple, Siorre. What you plan to do is perfectly fine. However, it needs to be executed in such a way where no-one could possibly blame you for any rule breaks.

Avoiding Reports/Rule Breaks During This

Avoiding them in theory should be rather simple, and it could be. Here's a few pointers I've put together just now.

• Organisation is the key here. Don't go sprinting in, screaming at the top of your lungs for people to drop their weapons. Think. Observe before entry and execute perfectly using precise techniques.
  • Be thorough and clear during the initiation. I cannot stress this enough. You have to abide by the rules of initiating completely and fluently here, if not, you risk being reported.
    Don't forget:
    • Consequences - "Or you will be shot!", "Or you'll die!", "Or you'll be killed!". Ensure to explicitly state a consequence to avoid a report from the initiation.
    • Time Period - We're all very well acquainted with the "10 Seconds" rule. But, I'd give the entire service 30 seconds, as with camps. This is adequate time to comply to any demands asked of you.
    • Other Actions - From experience, large situations can get extremely messy and fast. Give a specific order with the original initiation such as; "Do not move or you will be shot, drop your weapons on the ground! 10 seconds to comply, or die!".

[*]Executions - Be very wary with executions during the entire scenario. I doubt many people will comply so killing people will not matter (for non-compliance). Just remember, try not to execute people in a roleplaying sense (Colt to the head, "Any last words, friend?" style) as it's frowned upon. Instead, torture, make them remember you. The odd causality of war if a firefight breaks out is very acceptable however.

[*]Common Sense and Roleplay - In short, don't be an idiot. Provide good roleplay in any way possible. Shouting at them as they fire upon you, "Die scum!" and such. Keep it fresh throughout. One thing, have control over the situation. If you don't, then abdicate or you'll probably die. Control is the key.

Roleplaying Situations

Have some points ready for any hostages you may capture. Be ready to question, torture and 'have fun' with them. Like I said before, keep it fresh and exciting for the hostages and yourself.

Final Points of Advice

• Follow my guidance in the "Avoiding Reports" section above - that will be the biggest hurdle during this.
  • Keep it fresh for the hostages.
  • If any hostages are obtained, take them somewhere else.
  • Try not to execute the hostages, remember the new hostage killing rules.
  • Enjoy it and make it worth yours and their time. If this is pulled off well, you can expect masses of roleplay story creation and what not. Good luck!

Anymore questions? :)

Thanks mush! I will certainly learn those pointers and use them! Thanks for the info!

/solved :)

Mush    2

/Solved!

Glad I was of some assistance to you, Siorre! :D

Caesar    438

There are some situations where people have gone to a lot of effort to make something unique. In these situations I would do other players the courtesy of letting them do it rather than harassing them.