Server time: 2017-08-17, 23:26

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Whazmeister

Killing AFK people?

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

what? I'm confused xD

Basically. We rob 3 guys in a car and then one is apparently AFK. We decided to let him live even tough he technically didn't comply. We tell his friends to tell him not to get out of the car with a weapon once he's back.

While we're RPing the guy jumps out with a gun, obviously abusing the situation.

Now, we are just going to kill everyone who is AKF in a robbery. So don't be AKF.

Burgz    6

what? I'm confused xD

Basically. We rob 3 guys in a car and then one is apparently AFK. We decided to let him live even tough he technically didn't comply. We tell his friends to tell him not to get out of the car with a weapon once he's back.

While we're RPing the guy jumps out with a gun, obviously abusing the situation.

Now, we are just going to kill everyone who is AKF in a robbery. So don't be AKF.

You should kill them! That's their fault for being AFK, if you give them a little extra time then shoot them anyway, anyone would :P I won't be going AKF anytime soon...:troll:

How long did it take for him to come back after they said he was AFK?

Othuyeg    20

He abused an OOC situation, in my opinion. Simple as that.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Like 8 minutes after initiated.

Fuck a report, it's not worth the time. I hope that the guy knows that what he did was wrong once he has seen this thread.

And to send out a point that you should not go AFK, because when you get robbed and you're afk you will die.

Nihoolious    1092

Report them for that, but maybe still give people a chance? I RP'd out dozing off in a bus when I went to get a bite. When I came back, CRA v1 were kind enough to spare me until I came back and then the hostags RP ensued. Not everyone who goes AFK is a cunt

Ah, I thought it was only a short time after. However, he still abused an OOC situation.

And to send out a point that you should not go AFK, because when you get robbed and you're afk you will die.

It's always been a thing that you can kill AFKers as it's their fault and also (in a way) it's non-compliance.

Good on you guys for keeping him alive so you could role-play with him, shame it ended up like it did.

The Clown    1

Obviously you have the right to kill AFKers. I still think this is the wrong reaction...

You say you don't report him cause it's not worth the time but you take the time to make this thread ? Doesn't make sense to me.

I still feel like not killing AFKers straight away is the right thing to do because it can happen to anyone that he has to go afk. No reason to end his life.

It's a game and it's supposed to be fun for everyone. So just report guys who act as he did, cause clearly there is no excuse for that. But be patient with the poor AFKers who have no intention to be a dick.

Rolle    2444

You say you don't report him cause it's not worth the time but you take the time to make this thread ? Doesn't make sense to me.

This, it's a dick move and should be reported. If you still don't want to report it, I bet staff will have a word with the chap and take care of it without a public discussion.

Whitefur    4

Probably a good idea to log when you know you are going to be afk for a bit, but I don't see a reason to make a thread about it unless its a report. Just go in to ts and say "hey mate, why did you do that?". Simple.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Probably a good idea to log when you know you are going to be afk for a bit, but I don't see a reason to make a thread about it unless its a report. Just go in to ts and say "hey mate, why did you do that?". Simple.

No. It's about sending out a point that first of all, you should never AFK in DayZRP, especially if you are 'on the move' or in an active area. And that they are free to be killed for non compliance just like any other.

And hopefully, the people that don't seem to understand rule 3 of dayzrp will see this, and wont pull of shit like this.

If there's a video I can't see it. Did he try and shoot at you or something?

If there's a video I can't see it. Did he try and shoot at you or something?

He got out and killed Whazmeister

Baron    2

Fuck a report, it's not worth the time. I hope that the guy knows that what he did was wrong once he has seen this thread.

Wait, hold on, whoa.

Is that the profile of the guy that went AFK?

What the hell man, I mean, don't get me wrong, one, he shouldn't have gone afk, if he was needed elsewhere, he shouldn't have been on at all, two, if he took advantage of the situation, then it definitely deserves a report or at least a chat with the staff if nothing else.

But naming and shaming the guy? That seems to be a newer member none the less? That's unneeded entirely, and most certainly isn't a justifiable action, no matter how sore you are about this, you shouldn't do that, in my opinion.

Kravock    1

Wait, hold on, whoa.

Is that the profile of the guy that went AFK?

What the hell man, I mean, don't get me wrong, one, he shouldn't have gone afk, if he was needed elsewhere, he shouldn't have been on at all, two, if he took advantage of the situation, then it definitely deserves a report or at least a chat with the staff if nothing else.

But naming and shaming the guy? That seems to be a newer member none the less? That's unneeded entirely, and most certainly isn't a justifiable action, no matter how sore you are about this, you shouldn't do that, in my opinion.

Posting a report on it will do the same as linking him in this thread, people will see who it was.

Hopefully he will see this thread and understand what he has done is against the rules. Punishment from a report will help it sink in. Simply telling someone they have done something wrong is no deterrent to not do it again.

If you break the law, which are a set of rules, you get punished so you learn your lesson. No punishment means you will think you can get away with it.

Baron    2

-Snip-

I think there's a difference between punishing someone justly, and potentially embarrassing/shaming them in front of a community they're a part of.

But that's my two cents.

Septimus    23

I fully agree as to killing people who are AFK more than just a minute or two. In this case, I would understand the killing to the absent person since he shouldn't be AFK in general, especially in a moving vehicle.

Guest Kath10   
Guest Kath10

that is such a dick move. next time you should put a bullet between there eyes if they are AFK..

Moxy    19

Everytime I go AFK (after all, some of us have lives that take priority over a video game,) I inform everyone in the vehicle to tell people that I am AFK; that way they can tell whoever stops is that I'm AFK; though I would never use that tomy advantage.

I understand that this guys actions were poor, but they should not decide the fate of other rule abiding players.

Major Tom    78

I always just give AFK people the regular timer. If they don't comply in time, they die. Simple. It prevents awkward situations. Only time you let an AFK member live is when you've already disarmed them and they're at your mercy, so they won't be likely to do anything when they get back.

I go AFK in cars sometimes but never for long. It's only turned out badly once where the car crashed and I wasn't there to eject. Ah well, my fault.

In my opinion, if you're going to be gone longer than about 2 minutes then it's worth logging.... saying that, I did go AFK in the back of a car for about 30 minutes whilst eating dinner once. I'm a hypocrite, I know.

Kat    101

Non-players POV...if you are playing and need to go afk, you knowingly run the risk of getting shot while you are gone. Not everyone is going to patiently wait for you to come back. Its not the responsibility of the others around you to CYA. If you're gonna be gone longer than a minute or so, log out or don't whine...

If I'm afk and got shot I'll deal with it, my fault, luckily it hasn't happened yet, might be because I rarely go afk.