Server time: 2017-10-24, 05:52
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Biiddy

Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Hi guys

So having some big issues with my network and shiz, basically I cannot connect to it, I have tried the basics, restarting router, system restore stuff like that but am at a limb :(

Have looked online at tech support forums to see but none that ive seen work for me.

It also just seems to be my computer as other devices in my house are working fine.

Any experts who can help me out here please?

IAmJackBandit    80

Hi guys

So having some big issues with my network and shiz, basically I cannot connect to it, I have tried the basics, restarting router, system restore stuff like that but am at a limb :(

Have looked online at tech support forums to see but none that ive seen work for me.

It also just seems to be my computer as other devices in my house are working fine.

I take you are using wi-fi, have you bought a new comp or router recently?

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Hi guys

No new comp or router, I am connected usually using an Ethernet cable

IAmJackBandit    80

Hi guys

No new comp or router, I am connected usually using an Ethernet cable

Alright there is your problem, your wi-fi adapter is not compatible with your router, either you will have to be one of those usb dongle adapters or use your ethernet cable.

This is what you will need to use wi-fi:

c26-ACWFDBUSB-1-l.jpg

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

-snip-

I still dont fully understand, sorry if im missing something here :P

It has worked fine in the past but suddenly stopped working earlier, it has not been changed or anything either

IAmJackBandit    80

-snip-

It has worked fine in the past but suddenly stopped working earlier, it has not been changed or anything either

Hmm...thats the only thing I can think off because I have the same problem and my wi-fi adapter in my laptop was not compatible with my router, so I had to buy on of those usb adapters that acted as a converter of sorts, or use my ethernet cable...but you say your wi-fi has worked before, have you tried updating drivers and whatnot/

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

-snip-

Hmm...thats the only thing I can think off because I have the same problem and my wi-fi adapter in my laptop was not compatible with my router, so I had to buy on of those usb adapters that acted as a converter of sorts, or use my ethernet cable...but you say your wi-fi has worked before, have you tried updating drivers and whatnot/

Yep I have tried updating but its updated to the latest version :/

I will buy one of those adapters if it does not work by monday.

Generic IT response: Have you tried restarting the computer?

It may sound annoying, but the reason us IT people tell you that is because restarting helps Windows reconfigure things on startup

If that doesn't work:

Go to command prompt and type the following:

ipconfig /release

then

ipconfig /renew

This will release all setup IP configurations, and then renew them. This should fix the issue

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Generic IT response: Have you tried restarting the computer?

It may sound annoying, but the reason us IT people tell you that is because restarting helps Windows reconfigure things on startup

If that doesn't work:

Go to command prompt and type the following:

ipconfig /release

then

ipconfig /renew

This will release all setup IP configurations, and then renew them. This should fix the issue

Tried restarting several times but nothing.

did the ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew but that did not work, it came up with the following...

ipconfig /release

windows IP configuration

an error occurred while releasing interface local area connection : an address has not yet been associated with the network endpoint.

ipconfig /renew

windows IP configuration

an error occurred while releasing interface local area connection : unable to contact your DHCP server. request has timed out.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

I can't do much more than that over the internet, sorry

No worries, thanks for helping anyway :)

Hopefully this will get fixed soon

Fozzy    2

I had this problem too :D All I did was give them a call, and it ended up that the equipment was out dated. They just came in gave me new equipment and everything worked fine.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Are you using a NIC or the default Ethernet port on your router? It sounds like it is malfunctioning.

Either that, or the ethernet cable is faulty. Aside from breaking out a multimeter and testing each wire in the cable individually, your next step would be to try a different cable.

If that fails, you would probably benefit from buying a new NIC.

Edit: try this software solution I found on another forum.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

A general search for any malware or viruses wouldn't hurt either.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

SUCCES!

tis working now, one of the Ethernet socket things were faulty down stairs so i replaced it with a spare!

Thanks everyone for the help! <3

IAmJackBandit    80

SUCCES!

tis working now, one of the Ethernet socket things were faulty down stairs so i replaced it with a spare!

Thanks everyone for the help! <3

Congratz!!!

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

You need to remove your CPU, hit it with a hammer, then replace with a potato.