Server time: 2017-10-21, 17:23
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest cole6011

Compound A

Guest cole6011   
Guest cole6011

I made a AI base yesterday messing around with editing and i thought it would be pretty cool if instead of a AI base it could be a nice map marked lootable place since it spawns quite good gear, people could even use it to make a base out of sometime.

Fozzy    2

More like Rolles aboos house :P

Looks very nice and professional, but it needs to look a bit more rundown and broken.

Guest cole6011   
Guest cole6011

Ok i think i might be able to make that happen. :)

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

I'm sorry, but I would very much dislike seeing this implemented in-game, for a couple of main reasons that I will expand on.

To begin, I'll focus on the main look. When glancing at the picture, I see large scale walls in a very basic and ordinary layout.

In all honesty, it does not fit in with the whole feeling that this mod harnesses, in which would be the more contemporary survivor look and feel.

I'll give you one main tip when creating a base of some kind. And that is, always look at your surroundings for inspiration. When you're creating a foundation for people to visit, one of the most important aspects besides its functionality is it's look and concept of fitting in to the map itself.

In the current version of your build, it looks very forced and the idea of a fixed creation is placed into my mind - as in, sticking with a central idea of what you want to create, without working around issues of location, environment and such of that nature.

When you do not take those outside factors into consideration, you gain a creation that feels very forced and does not fit into the setting of the place as a whole.

To expand on this in relation to your base, It looks like, to put it bluntly, a large military castle. Now, is there anything wrong with the look of a large military castle? No, not necessarily.

However, there is a problem with the look in regards to the main idea that this mod conveys, like stated above.

To rap this point up, work on making your creating feel more natural, realistic and work around your environment and all -should- be sweet.

Now, let's get onto my second issue in which is the idea of it being an area of loot collection.

In my mind, areas such as these should be focusing more on aspect of roleplay.

Besides the mentality of 'a nice place to find some loot', I feel strongly about the approach of 'a nice place to gain some roleplay'.

Although this place can still offer room for roleplay, like all places, the mentality of individuals when visiting a select place plays a vital role in it's functionality.

If people approach the place with the idea of gaining some loot, then all it will be is a ground of people hunting for loot, not necessarily roleplay.

Furthermore, if this place was to produce loot of somekind, it would mean that zombies would be present and placed within the structure itself.

That in it's own cements my point that it will turn into an area of farming (depending on loot) and contradicts the whole side of an area to roleplay in, in which should be the main point of creations like these.

Who wants to roleplay in a large castle that has zombies trapped inside?

All in all, I see several problems with it in regards to aesthetics and functionality.

Always work for improvements and its never too late to improve on builds.

Also as a side note, we are not able to click the image and view a larger scale photo, so my views of it's looks may not be 100% accurate.

Just my views, at least.

Ghost    8

Skalisity prison :)

That's what I want to see

Thanks for the idea :P

Voodoo    488

That's what I want to see

You sir, are a genius

tumblr_lxuzi6PuTg1qkheiko3_250.gif

SebbePwnYou    17