Server time: 2017-08-20, 04:23

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jappleack

Age Requirement & Forum Roleplay

Question

Guest Jappleack   
Guest Jappleack

I just applied about ten minutes ago after spending an hour or so writing my whitelist application, to be slapped in the face when I realised I missed the "...you must be 16..." age gate. I'll be 16 in about 9 months (March 8th), so that was a bit of a bummer. Does this age restriction apply to the use of the forums and forum roleplay, or is it only preventing me from joining in with the of-age community on the server?

Also, on a related note, when and why was this age restriction set in place? I read on a post that previously you didn't have to be of a certain age.

11 answers to this question

Roofcake    1

That post was most likely long ago....

But, yes, I believe you can still post on the forums if you wish. But it'll be another nine months until you can play.

EDIT: If this is supposed to be in ban appeals, can I get a heads up, as it is currently in 'Questions'?

Guest Jappleack   
Guest Jappleack

But, yes, I believe you can still post on the forums if you wish. But it'll be another nine months until you can play.

EDIT: If this is supposed to be in ban appeals, can I get a heads up, as it is currently in 'Questions'?

Oh, no no, I'm 15 years old at this time. It wasn't an error in my application or a glitch, I was just so pumped to post and actually start playing with everyone that I totally missed it telling me that I need to be sixteen. I was just wondering if I could at least chat and roleplay on the site, if not on the DayZMod.

The post was from May, I think, so not that long ago. They mentioned that they remembered their little brother playing before there was a restriction.

In that case, thanks, and see you in nine months!

SatansNightOut    105

Shouldn't be any reason you couldn't get to know the community via forums and such.

If anything, I'd say it's a good thing, since you have plenty of time to review rules (and reports, so you know what kind of behavior to avoid) and a lot of the great RP forum posts that are out there. :)

Welcome to the commnunity!

Roofcake    1

Oh, no no, I'm 15 years old at this time. It wasn't an error in my application or a glitch, I was just so pumped to post and actually start playing with everyone that I totally missed it telling me that I need to be sixteen. I was just wondering if I could at least chat and roleplay on the site, if not on the DayZMod.

The post was from May, I think, so not that long ago. They mentioned that they remembered their little brother playing before there was a restriction.

In that case, thanks, and see you in nine months!

No, I meant the post from long ago as the one you mentioned about not having an age requirement :P

You can post on the forums, but you can't play the game.

Still, welcome! And I hope to see you in nine month's time.

Guest Jappleack   
Guest Jappleack

Shouldn't be any reason you couldn't get to know the community via forums and such.

If anything, I'd say it's a good thing, since you have plenty of time to review rules (and reports, so you know what kind of behavior to avoid) and a lot of the great RP forum posts that are out there. :)

Welcome to the commnunity!

Yeah, I suppose I ought to be a DayzRP master before I even connect once!

Thanks, Crimson.

Toorrik    4

Yup, these guys are right. There is no age limit to the forums. You can enjoy all these wonderful RP Stories and games to your heart explodes.

As soon as you try and whitelist, you will be flagged for underage and get blacklisted and then in turn get banned from the forums. You already know not to attempt whitelisting but this is just so you know :)

Have fun!

Guest Jappleack   
Guest Jappleack

Yup, these guys are right. There is no age limit to the forums. You can enjoy all these wonderful RP Stories and games to your heart explodes.

As soon as you try and whitelist, you will be flagged for underage and get blacklisted and then in turn get banned from the forums. You already know not to attempt whitelisting but this is just so you know :)

Have fun!

Whoa, if I click the "Whitelist" bit again, even if on accident, I'll be instantly perma-banned from the forums too? That's terrifying, I should wait 10 months just to make sure it doesn't think I'm still fifteen by then!

Thanks once again, all of you! This community is insanely quick and crazy helpful.

Toorrik    4

No Sorry, I meant to say if you attempt to Whitelist. Meaning if you send in an application and write you are 15. If you write you are 16, we will catch you >:)

Guest Jappleack   
Guest Jappleack

No Sorry, I meant to say if you attempt to Whitelist. Meaning if you send in an application and write you are 15. If you write you are 16, we will catch you >:)

Ohh, I see now. Haha, I'll avoid timetravel until I'm 16, then c:

Good luck to you Japple, and see you when you're 16! Good to see you will be sticking around on the forum in the meantime.

Guest Jappleack   
Guest Jappleack

Good luck to you Japple, and see you when you're 16! Good to see you will be sticking around on the forum in the meantime.

I waited all the way through the whitelist lockdown, and before that waited so long to think of a decent backstory that my account was deleted. I'm not giving up now!