Server time: 2017-08-22, 13:06

Sign in to follow this  
Mavasaur

[Suggestion] Closing down the TP for brief amount of time.

Mavasaur    0

Lately I've noticed that the TP has been drawing a lot of reports, on top of this, people seem to just sit there and hideout most of the day.

My suggestion is (when the staff/CTC manpower is there) closing down the TP for 'maintenance' or something that falls into a RP reason it'd be closed, and keeping it closed for a short amount of time forcing players to actually play the game, and not just sit in the Trade Post.

I've seen the server with and without TP, and I do feel the TP has a purpose here, but sometimes it just draws people to it that are afraid to lose gear and camp all day at the TP.

Fozzy    2

Its already been suggested for the TP to only be open on weekends.

Mavasaur    0

This isn't suggesting that. It's suggesting a shorter period of time. Hours, maybe up to a day, but you'd need CTC on to enforce this, thus a couple hours, or maybe a server cycle duration.

Fozzy    2

This isn't suggesting that. It's suggesting a shorter period of time. Hours, maybe up to a day, but you'd need CTC on to enforce this, thus a couple hours, or maybe a server cycle duration.

It's the same concept really and it all comes down to the same thing. The population of the TP isn't that big at all. I haven't even seen more then 20 people present at once.

Go read the discussions here : http://www.dayzrp.com/t-the-trade-post-discussion?page=4 Read Rolles comments he takes in consideration most of these suggestions.

Mavasaur    0

That clears this up. Quote for all who missed it.

I'll just reply on some general opinions and points that have been made without quoting specific persons:

- Water source in TP was added by mistake, it wasn't a planned feature and will be removed in the next TP update.

- The TP population isn't as big as people think it is, it usually is between 3-20 players, depending on server time.

- I don't see TP camping as a problem, people roleplay there just like they would roleplay outside, some people like the "boring" chit-chat roleplay better than "drop weps, 5 secs" roleplay. The thing that they cannot be robbed of their gear is irrelevant, gear is and always has been a secondary priority on DayZRP.

- Staff is prioritizing TP offences and usually deliver a harsh and swift punishment for those. You say you see increase in trolls on DayZRP, but I think it's more like these trolls have been here all along and gone unnoticed until now and banning them only makes the community better. GMs have the authority to "ban first, ask questions later" without a need of creating report, if it hasn't been used it's probably because they wanted to get more opinions on the case.

- We don't want players to take things into their own hands inside TP specifically because of the issues the old TP had. Back then we allowed players to take abandoned vehicles which caused issues with defining when vehicles are abandoned. We allowed players to get revenge rights inside TP which caused innocent causalities. We allowed to kill trolls and that resulted in KoSes and long reports filled with drama. I personally would be ok with allowing players to kill a troll if he would really be harassing players and disturbing roleplay, but only if no staff is online and you have undeniable video footage to back it up.

- I don't think closing TP at times is a good idea, we have no automated way of doing it and doing it manually every other day is too big of a hassle for me, which I will most likely very often forget about.

If you have more concerns feel free to post them in a TL;DR version and I'll happily reply to them.

Challenger    1

Lately I've noticed that the TP has been drawing a lot of reports, on top of this, people seem to just sit there and hideout most of the day.

My suggestion is (when the staff/CTC manpower is there) closing down the TP for 'maintenance' or something that falls into a RP reason it'd be closed, and keeping it closed for a short amount of time forcing players to actually play the game, and not just sit in the Trade Post.

I've seen the server with and without TP, and I do feel the TP has a purpose here, but sometimes it just draws people to it that are afraid to lose gear and camp all day at the TP.

I have to disagree with you here, im new here and when ive been to the TP the RP is good at points and bad at points. But DayZRP isn't about gear. The server is about Role Playing and most people go to the TP to find some Rp instead of getting robbed all the time.

I think only opening it on weekends would be bad in my opinion. But what i would like to see is the "No hostile actions in TP" to be removed i think it would bring more fun and excitement to the TP but thats my opinion.

Astraal    3

Sure im one of thoose that just sits in TP all day, but im atleast roleplaying a stationary medic that is the one you goes too when you need help. And regarding trolls, you can never get rid off them no matter how hard you try.

Yuval    2

I agree, maybe only open it when there is load after the 5PM restart for a few hours, therefore there will be an actual risk going to TP, as floods of people will arive at that time, reducing the amount of people in it.