Server time: 2017-08-23, 19:40

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ketamine

Pickup truck customisation

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

Basically you take a normal Pickup truck, one of the newly added ones, some scrap metal and a PKM and you get a armed pickup truck. Its a basic idea, I don't know if this could even be made but I thought I would ask anyway.

Pickup truck + scrap metal + PKM = Armed pickup truck

Yuval    2

Sounds cool but then many clans will have armed trucks, with this what happens if you remove from the PK truck the PKM, how i see it the game will think it despawned and will spawn another one, inflating the server with PKM's and pickups. Could be wrong, but regardless the amount of armed vehicles is enough for me to say no.

Snow    1

I'm fairly sure that the pickup that spawns has a different base model and colour from the armed version. It would be a bit odd if attaching a machine gun to a truck turns it into an entirely new one.

Also, I think this has been suggested before, but I don't know if it was said to be impossible by the devs.

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

I'm fairly sure that the pickup that spawns has a different base model and colour from the armed version. It would be a bit odd if attaching a machine gun to a truck turns it into an entirely new one.

Also, I think this has been suggested before, but I don't know if it was said to be impossible by the devs.

No, Im pretty sure they are the same, if not though then I agree but I have the impression that the only difference is the gun.

Snow    1

No, Im pretty sure they are the same, if not though then I agree but I have the impression that the only difference is the gun.

I just checked in the editor and there's quite a few differences. The PK version has roof lights, no tailgate, a slightly different frame, wire mesh windows, and an entirely different paintjob.

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

I just checked in the editor and there's quite a few differences. The PK version has roof lights, no tailgate, a slightly different frame, wire mesh windows, and an entirely different paintjob.

Ahh shit, never mind then. I thought they where the same, but i obviously was wrong. :D

Snow    1

Ahh shit, never mind then. I thought they where the same, but i obviously was wrong. :D

Yeah, it's a pity because being able to make your own armed vehicles would be awesome.

Rifleman    14

Would be a nice idea - get the devs to add in Wire mesh, reinforcing material and camo spray cans - along with several spawns for the kind of pickup truck (I THINK there is one of a VERY similar kind on Namalsk) - ALONG with the other things (PKM, Scrap metal) THEN, just maybe - it'd work