Server time: 2017-08-21, 16:03

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TrueChang

"DogPig"?

Question

Guest TrueChang   
Guest TrueChang

So i am unsure if the word Dog pig is band or not? I have had a few people tell me it is and a few people telling me it is not? I am quite frankly lost and was wondering if a mod or someone could clear this up?

Many thanks, xoxox.

61 answers to this question

gr1ves    3

I'm not a mod but I don't see why it would be banned? I've heard it's not allowed in the Trade Post because it's hostile but other than that I don't see why you can't say it. It is an IC insult after all.

Guest TrueChang   
Guest TrueChang

I'm not a mod but I don't see why it would be banned? I've heard it's not allowed in the Trade Post because it's hostile but other than that I don't see why you can't say it. It is an IC insult after all.

That's what i thought but some one said people get "offended" when some people use it...

gr1ves    3

I don't see why they would... if I'm not mistaken 'dogpig' is a term created by CLF to describe a foreigner to Chernarus. OOC we are all dogpigs haha.

Owen    13

It is an IC insult after all.

This line probably sums it up. It isn't a particularly bad word and that's why people use it.

Guest TrueChang   
Guest TrueChang

I don't see why they would... if I'm not mistaken 'dogpig' is a term created by CLF to describe a foreigner to Chernarus. OOC we are all dogpigs haha.

Yeah but people would interpret it as racism in some stupid form. But yeah we are all Dogpigs.

Alan Woods    3

DogPig is an accepted word since it doesn't hurt anyone.

It's actually pretty funny to hear!

Everybody who plays this Mod is a DogPig, because nobody of us can be from Chernarus, so why can you possibly get offended by it ?

Hofer    20

If dogpig was a banned word, I would've been banned a long time ago.

Glenn    10

It is from CLF and CLF only! ;p

It's a fiction word made up by someone from DayZRP (I believe) and it is meant to insult foreigners to Chernarus. As no one is from Chernarus IRL then they cannot be insulted.

Guest TrueChang   
Guest TrueChang

Good to hear. Enjoy calling people dogpigs to see their reaction. Thanks for all the reps.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

as said, the word Dogpig is not banned, some members (including the leader) of the clan Dogpig are tho! Maybe that's what they told you?

Voodoo    366

I think the word is fine. Its meant to be an insult but in a IC way

gr1ves    3
Dogs are mans best friend and pigs are considered smart animals also extremely tasty. Dog Pig is no insult it's a compliment to be seen as such a well loved' date=' tasty, and intelligent mix of animals.[/quote']

See, DogPig isn't even an insult! :troll:

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Was hero or jessa the original dogpig? (was it even them?)

Glenn    10

Insulting is fun it keeps the RP and hate going.

8046lm.jpg

TrueChang, did you get the answer you were looking for?

Guest TrueChang   
Guest TrueChang

I love calling people Dog Pigs IC it is great and just wanted to make sure I was not breaking the rules.

TrueChang, did you get the answer you were looking for?

Yeah Hatch i did thanks.

Answer: It's a fictional word that is used IG to be insulting. It's not insulting OOC as there is no one who get insulted by it as it directs to foreigners of Chernarus - Which we cannot be IRL

/Solved

Bryan    0

What? Wait.

Let me clarify something: DogPig is not a banned word. And the word is also not banned from TP and it is NOT a hostile action. Idk where you got this from, gives but it is not true :)

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

What? Wait.

Let me clarify something: DogPig is not a banned word. And the word is also not banned from TP and it is NOT a hostile action. Idk where you got this from, gives but it is not true :)

Its not a hostile action, but it is provoking. Which also isnt allowed...

What? Wait.

Very much this.

It is a fictional insult. Sure you can react in character but there is no reasoning to take offence outside of that.

If anything it is a slightly derogatory term for someone who is not a local or acts like a foreigner.

What? Wait.

Hardly. It is about as offensive as calling someone a 'foreigner' or an 'idiot'.

Guest TrueChang   
Guest TrueChang

What? Wait.

Thanks for the input!

(Great sig as well, i am working on one i have of you, just need to crop the pic.)