Server time: 2017-08-19, 22:37

Sign in to follow this  
The Clown

Roadblocks

Question

The Clown    1

So I've been getting back into the game after a couple of months of forum only activity and I've been rereading the rules in case of changes etc.

Props to whoever made the new layout btw, good stuff.

Now I am a bit confused about the "What NOT to do" part of the roadblock section:

"Construct road blocks in direct vicinity of heavy populated areas like player camps or settlements in order to rob arriving or leaving players."

Is that purely made to hinder bandits from making roadblocks 300 meters away from the TP or is it actually as general as it seems to me right now?

Because what I read here is that people are not allowed to make roadblocks with hostile intentions anywhere on the map where they actually have a chance of more or less frequent player interactions.

So what does "direct vicinity of heavy populated areas" actually cover ?

Can I make a roadblock close to stary ? Can I make a roadblock around Zelenogorsk ? I'd be greatful for clearification and if you see my issue here, an edit of this part of rules to make it clearer to everybody.

30 answers to this question

Slute    1

I believe The Roadblock rule applies to mainly Player Camps and The Trade Post. You are free to make a roadblock near cities just not near player camps.

If you do, you will most likely be apprehended by the CTC/other and be "dealt" with. I am unsure of the actions they take both IG and OOC.

Major Tom    78

It's pretty much just TP at the moment. Just don't set up too close to that area and it'll be all good.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

It's pretty much just TP at the moment. Just don't set up too close to that area and it'll be all good.

I thought this was the case however I see many roadblocks happening and no OOC punishments happening. Do you (Or anyone else) know if we receive OOC punishments from roadblocks at high traffic places such as Rogovo or green mountain?

So far its just been IC consequences. (Which in my opinion is great)

Rick    19

snip

I thought this was the case however I see many roadblocks happening and no OOC punishments happening. Do you (Or anyone else) know if we receive OOC punishments from roadblocks at high traffic places such as Rogovo or green mountain?

From what I know, no punishments have been given OOC for roadblocks outside the TP area in high traffic areas. ATM the consensus is that if you make a roadblock in a high traffic area near the TP, be prepared for a possible CTC reaction. Never known it to be an OOC rule-break. I think the rule may be there more as a deterrent but if so it should probably be clarified.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

-snippidy-

Yeah agreed.

Voodoo    357

There are many routes in and out of TP. Roadblocks are fine on high traffic roads to TP as long as they are not on the CTC patrolled routes (marked in red on TP page map). If a roadblock is set up on red route expect mortar fire. Outsife the route its up to CTC to check the area but I believe recently its been decided that they will only patrol their route as they dont want TP to be completly safe to get to and hide inside.

Glenn    10

just... don't make roadblocks near TP on the roads that lead to the nearest towns....

Mush    2

You need to make roadblocks past Zelenogorsk and past Rogovo, that's the CTC area of influence, if you make any in there, CTC will take action.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

You need to make roadblocks past Zelenogorsk and past Rogovo, that's the CTC area of influence, if you make any in there, CTC will take action.

The IC side of things is fine, I am after the OOC consequences of people doing roadblocks in the area.

Voodoo    357

The IC side of things is fine, I am after the OOC consequences of people doing roadblocks in the area.

OOC not much is done I think a CTC mortar strike and a ban from TP is enough.

Burgz    6

Yeah, we make them quite close to TP and we haven't been spoken to or anything. If you are planning to go out and make roadblocks though Arrex, sadly you can't bud. Civilians are not allowed to make roadblocks.

Th next part I will put in brackets because I'm not sure. (You are allowed when you are participating with a clan doing a roadblock)? But like I said, it would need to be clarified.

Oldman    22

Our favorite roadblock spot is west of Kamenka. No one will ever know!

Burgz    6

Our favorite roadblock spot is west of Kamenka. No one will ever know!

Is this why none of the military aid has been getting to Chernarus?!?!?!?

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Pfff. Who needs roadblocks when you can block off the entire road and initiate once offroad.

Yeah, we make them quite close to TP and we haven't been spoken to or anything. If you are planning to go out and make roadblocks though Arrex, sadly you can't bud. Civilians are not allowed to make roadblocks.

Th next part I will put in brackets because I'm not sure. (You are allowed when you are participating with a clan doing a roadblock)? But like I said, it would need to be clarified.

Wut?

Where is it stated that only clans can partake in roadblocks? The civilians only need to be within communications or line of sight of the roadblock to take part if they have all of their information correct.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Wut?

Where is it stated that only clans can partake in roadblocks? The civilians only need to be within communications or line of sight of the roadblock to take part if they have all of their information correct.

civs cant make roadblocks apparently, mr Rolle himself said it on a report that I was involved before we got our group accepted.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Wut?

Roll said this on some report. I think it was enar21's.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

As stated, civilians are not allowed to create roadblocks, at all.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-closed-invalid-kos-bypass-19-33-servertime-east-of-rogovo?pid=668919#pid668919

Forgive me but this seems like another Rolle's opinion comment. Will look into and have the staff team clarify.

From the group rules:

Groups are an essential part of game play on DayZRP. Being a member or a group allows you to do many different things unaffiliated players are not allowed to do. These things include being able to do coordinated events like settlement sieges, roadblocks or clan conflicts, as well as being able to participate in group only events and wars.

seems like a rather silly, but official, rule

From the group rules:

Groups are an essential part of game play on DayZRP. Being a member or a group allows you to do many different things unaffiliated players are not allowed to do. These things include being able to do coordinated events like settlement sieges, roadblocks or clan conflicts, as well as being able to participate in group only events and wars.

seems like a rather silly, but official, rule

Regardless, this is another ninja edit. I can understand part of the reasoning but civvies were already unable to pass KoS rights on from each other via Teamspeak but had to be physically present and taking part in the roadblock. This was already a significant disadvantage and made an over watch position impossible.

Anyway, will try to have someone clarify reasoning and date and circumstances of the change.

Oldman    22

I think what they mean with being in a clan and roadblocks is that you can have a sniper overwatch to open fire on non complying. A civ can't do that. However if the civ is also within 80 meter of the roadblock surely he can participate.

Its written weird, it says what you can do with a clan. It does read as if you can't build a roadblock as a civ yes, but I believe most civ groups whiped there butt with this rule and they should keep doing it, because it is silly. Silly rules are there to break and rewrite.

I think what they mean with being in a clan and roadblocks is that you can have a sniper overwatch to open fire on non complying. A civ can't do that. However if the civ is also within 80 meter of the roadblock surely he can participate.

Its written weird, it says what you can do with a clan. It does read as if you can't build a roadblock as a civ yes, but I believe most civ groups whiped there butt with this rule and they should keep doing it, because it is silly. Silly rules are there to break and rewrite.

Agreed, the rule in itself is worded very vaguely and there is no mention in the Road Block section.

cJ5tGsv.jpg

if the civ is also within 80 meter of the roadblock surely he can participate.

That was my understanding and that was their limitation for playing as civvies.

Wunsleh    10

Pfff. Who needs roadblocks when you can block off the entire road and initiate once offroad.

is this actually allowed? (no not a swipe at you guys) I've heard someone mention that in the past.

are you allowed to make a roadblock and then set up somewhere offroad in cover, waiting for the vehicle to pass you?

Burgz    6

is this actually allowed? (no not a swipe at you guys) I've heard someone mention that in the past.

are you allowed to make a roadblock and then set up somewhere offroad in cover, waiting for the vehicle to pass you?

Well, I don't see why not you know? They are being forced offroad and therefore can be initiated on, no? I know SDS, CRA and Volki use the two ural wrecks near TP as a way to force people offroad so then they can initiate.

I was under the assumption that it was allowed.

There is no requirement for a roadblock once off road. As long as you follow the initiation rules (in using text for loud vehicles) it should be allowed.

It is quite a clever tactic really and it is not a scenario that will win every time. I would imagine the civvies may still not be allowed to hold the vehicle up as a group though.