Server time: 2017-08-21, 21:53

Sign in to follow this  
Homie307

Random Death?

Question

Homie307    0

I was in Trade Post RP'ing when I walked into one of the houses there. All of a sudden my screen started flashing black and white like I got hit by a car or was being shot at and then I died. My friend saw my dead body and said I died from blood loss but I wasn't bleeding, hungry, or thirty. Please Help!

I was in Trade Post RP'ing when I walked into one of the houses there. All of a sudden my screen started flashing black and white like I got hit by a car or was being shot at and then I died. My friend saw my dead body and said I died from blood loss but I wasn't bleeding, hungry, or thirty. Please Help!

Note if you could check logs you will see that I died in a matter of seconds.

9 answers to this question

Sin    114

I didn't see anything weird in the logs. Looks like you found yet another Arma bug.

Did anyone run into you? They may of pushed you inside of the building, resulting in your death

Moxy    19

I've had two strange deaths by houses.

One by opening a door that hit me and killed me, and the other by running into a house and died in the doorway. Sounds like an ARMA bug to me.

Solidarity though.

EDIT:

I was with him and he just ran into the building and then he died.

Exact same thing happened to me, running into building is dangerous apparently.

Homie307    0

Did anyone run into you? They may of pushed you inside of the building, resulting in your death

Nope I was the only one in the building at the time.

I didn't see anything weird in the logs. Looks like you found yet another Arma bug.

Those Arma bugs mate. :-(

I've had two strange deaths by houses.

One by opening a door that hit me and killed me, and the other by running into a house and died in the doorway. Sounds like an ARMA bug to me.

Solidarity though.

EDIT:

I was with him and he just ran into the building and then he died.

Exact same thing happened to me, running into building is dangerous apparently.

Building in Arma are worse then zombies!

May I ask for a roll back? I understand 100% if you say no it's just it will take ages to get everything I had back.

Sin    114

Unfortunately, we have a policy against rolling back characters who die to glitches. What normally happens is that someone dies, vultures swoop in and steal their gear, and then the rollback duplicates all that gear. Leads to gear inflation (or deflation ... whatever). Not to mention the extra work that staff would have to do to keep up with all the glitch deaths and the unfairness to people who die and no one with the power to roll them back happens to be around.

Sorry mate.

Your friend could try to hang on to your gear though, and if a GM approves your return to the site (which would ordinarily be a breach of the New Life Rule) you could get it back that way. For what it's worth, I'll OK your return ;)

Mush    2

Looks like you got your answer, you were ArmA'd!

Do you want me to mark this as solved or do you have any other questions or queries?

Homie307    0

Looks like you got your answer, you were ArmA'd!

Do you want me to mark this as solved or do you have any other questions or queries?

Solved

Unfortunately, we have a policy against rolling back characters who die to glitches. What normally happens is that someone dies, vultures swoop in and steal their gear, and then the rollback duplicates all that gear. Leads to gear inflation (or deflation ... whatever). Not to mention the extra work that staff would have to do to keep up with all the glitch deaths and the unfairness to people who die and no one with the power to roll them back happens to be around.

Sorry mate.

Your friend could try to hang on to your gear though, and if a GM approves your return to the site (which would ordinarily be a breach of the New Life Rule) you could get it back that way. For what it's worth, I'll OK your return ;)

Thanks man!

SweetJoe    281

Sounds familiar. I had a similar incident with crates. They eat you. Im serious. Its a shame and it is a glitch if that is what got you. Fortunately it is a glitch so you are allowed to ask a gm or admin if you can go back to that area. Not saying you can loot your body, but your friends can help ya by protecting it and making sure they give it to ya later.