Server time: 2017-11-17, 21:02

Sign in to follow this  
scottish

my new PC project

decided after sitting with nothing more than an unstable 40 frames at best almost anywhere dropping to 20 fps if someone farted I decided it was time to spend a lot of money on something decent but need a little help , not really massive help but just even maybe an opinion.

I just got an Intel Core i7-4770K 3.50GHz (Haswell) Socket LGA1150 Processor & Corsair H60 Basic CPU Cooler Bundle

and an Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming 3 Intel Z97 (Socket 1150) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

both of these came all in at the decent price of 400 GBP, good right? :D

now im gona get myself some RAM and an SSD , what do you guys think I should get , im wanting to spend around 100 to 150 at the very most for both of them together , but I just dunno what to get :S

after I have bought the RAM and SSD im gona put a 700 watt PSU in there and then put it all together with a finishing touch next month in the form of a 780 ti witch really should just put the iceing on the cake :D

tell me what you think of the build and please help me out with maybe a UK link for the SSD and RAM best for my setup.

cheers!

Hmm 700 watt psu for a 780ti would be pushing it. If you are gaming at 1080p, primarily on arma type games just save the money and get a 780 as arma is not as gpu dependant as some other titles. As far as ssd's go i'd look for maybe the samsung evo drives, Adata, kingston all will serve you well. Now for memory just some 1600mhz 1.5v dual channel memory will work fine (1.5v to stay on the safe side with motherboard compatibility).

Pcpartpicker Use this site to find the cheapest prices and what not.

Hmm 700 watt psu for a 780ti would be pushing it. If you are gaming at 1080p, primarily on arma type games just save the money and get a 780 as arma is not as gpu dependant as some other titles. As far as ssd's go i'd look for maybe the samsung evo drives, Adata, kingston all will serve you well. Now for memory just some 1600mhz 1.5v dual channel memory will work fine (1.5v to stay on the safe side with motherboard compatibility).

why bottleneck your pc with 1600 mhz ram when you can get 2400mhz?

If you're going to spend that amount of money, you might as well add in a little extra for 2400mhz ram sticks.

you think I should maybe get a higher PSU then ? hmmm , nice one I never thught of this , and well yeah I kinda wanted to just get a 780 and pass on the ti , but was looking into the future proofy stuff :D

If you're going to spend that amount of money, you might as well add in a little extra for 2400mhz ram sticks.

so you think im better just beefing my ram up as good as possible within compatibility ? what ram would be ok to get then ?

Because he wants to fit an SSD and RAM into 150 pounds and because for gaming the increased ram speed will do basically nothing especially in this game so there is no point spending the money. Now video editing is another story otherwise 1600mhz will not bottleneck his system at all

Because he wants to fit an SSD and RAM into 150 pounds and because for gaming the increased ram speed will do basically nothing especially in this game so there is no point spending the money. Now video editing is another story otherwise 1600mhz will not bottleneck his system at all

If its specifically for arma than no, but surely the OP would want to play more than just arma in the future right?

yeah lie I play allsorts of games , like arma 2 and 3 , and when dayz standalone comes out properly I want to play that a lot , and star citizen for sure is going to be on my game list , I also play battlefield 4 , gona be playing the forest etc etc , so yeah , its not just arma 2 and 3 :)

yeah lie I play allsorts of games , like arma 2 and 3 , and when dayz standalone comes out properly I want to play that a lot , and star citizen for sure is going to be on my game list , I also play battlefield 4 , gona be playing the forest etc etc , so yeah , its not just arma 2 and 3 :)

So far the only game (don't know about star citizen or the forest as they are new) that utilises high speed memory is bf4 but with a 150 pound budget you might find it pretty difficult to fit in memory in that 2133-2400mhz category with a decent sized ssd. So if you can only afford 1600mhz don't feel like it is a downgrade as you would probably never notice the difference anyway in just real world usage and gaming.

So far the only game (don't know about star citizen or the forest as they are new) that utilises high speed memory is bf4 but with a 150 pound budget you might find it pretty difficult to fit in memory in that 2133-2400mhz category with a decent sized ssd. So if you can only afford 1600mhz don't feel like it is a downgrade as you would probably never notice the difference anyway in just real world usage and gaming.

oh ok then , its just a little confuing for me , like I know the pc is gona be really good because of the parts , but I just dont want to f**k things up by getting something really stupid when it comes tot he things I dont really know about i.e the ram and the ssd, this will be my 1st ever high end pc build and defos need to make it a good one :D

aw yee , check this card out , was thinking about this instead of the ti , a guy gave a rated comment on it saying he has a titan and this card was out doing it in most things constantly :)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-051-KF&tool=3

Don't waste your money on a 780ti, I know having the best of the best is appealing, but it's honestly just a waste of money for the performance you get. I'd go mid line with a 770.

As for your RAM, it doesn't really matter, you wont see much (if any) performance gain with RAM.

As for the SSD: Crucial M500 120GB

http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-2-5-Inch-adapter-Internal-CT120M500SSD1/dp/B00BQ4F9ZA?SubscriptionId=AKIAIEF7KZG4SSIJ7QQA&tag=toms_shopping_ssd-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00BQ4F9ZA