Server time: 2017-08-22, 09:25

Sign in to follow this  
scopeshot

[Updated][Concept] Rp my skin off (judges needed)

scopeshot    0

THIS THREAD IS INCOMPLETE! Please allow time for me to work out the kinks in the event before it is started.

Event: RP MY SKIN OFF!!

Does your RP rock but your clothes just suck? Well I am hosting an event (as long as a I can get the approval of Rolle), where Your awesome RP can earn you some Donation Exchange credits. I would like to see some epic RP from people out there so lets really push the limits (not rules).

How the event will work:

The event will span a month where players will try their hardest to preform some Epic, Creative, and tear jerking RP. At the end of the month 3 judges ( Myself, Position Open, Position Open)) will rate you in three categories. Rp (10 points) Creativity (5 points) and the effect on the player (Did they seem to have fun/enjoy the RP) (5 Points).

There will be two separate events, one for bandits and one for hero's. (This will be reflected in the final events post.)

Rules!!!!

• MUST FOLLOW ALL DAYZRP RULES!!!!
  • The RP must be fraps'd with a marker in direct chat similar to this : //Event recording 06/04/2014
  • Only one submission per user (With the judges I have in mind we dont need to sift through 100's of videos) You can change your submission by editing your post
  • Roleplay must be outside of the TP, and player camps (Rp is easy if it is safe)
  • All submissions must be turned in by (undisclosed)
  • Rp must be free of and alliance or clan affiliation with the other player
  • More rules may be added soon!!

Bandit rules:

[*]If it is a group robbery/execution you must be the primary rper

[*]Victims do not qualify, only the Robber/executor.

[*]More to come!!!

Hero/Survivor Rules:

[*]No form of bandity whatsoever

[*]If you must kill someone it had to be clearly in self defense (saving a random survivor, not a clan mate)

[*]Even more to come

Prizes!!!

• 1st place: 50 Euro donation credit
  • 2nd place: 30 Euro donation credit
  • 3rd place: 15 Euro donation credit
  • 4th place: 10 Euro Donation credit
  • 5th place: 5 Euro donation credit

Please remember this is still a work in progress, please give your comments/opinions about this event and any ideas will be welcome.

Besphynx    0

It is nice to see that you want to give things away, but this need to be moved to Off-Topic. Also how do you propose you are going to give away then skins? The only way is for you to donate for someone and even then, the limits is if the person has the correct donation rank for the skin.

Good idea but you need to clean up how you are going to be doing this.

It's a nice idea and good on you for wanting to do it; however, you can't gift people skins. The only way you could technically give someone a skin is by giving them the money for it.

Wow man it's cool for you to help people out like this, I'd advise speaking with the staff on ts about it and maybe the loremasters for ideas

scopeshot    0

It is nice to see that you want to give things away, but this need to be moved to Off-Topic. Also how do you propose you are going to give away then skins? The only way is for you to donate for someone and even then, the limits is if the person has the correct donation rank for the skin.

Good idea but you need to clean up how you are going to be doing this.

Well I had posted this topic here to get the ideas in how the skins would be won, if you take a look I was asking admins to be able to help out with this, because yes I know you can't gift skins. Let me edit my original post to indicate that is what I initially need a admins help for.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Yes.,

Burgz    6

It could be possible if you were to tell Rolle how much you were donating and he took away your donation credits and gifted them to others no?

scopeshot    0

It could be possible if you were to tell Rolle how much you were donating and he took away your donation credits and gifted them to others no?

That's what I was thinking

Burgz    6

It seems like a good idea, but that is a lot to give away.

What type of RP will it be? E.g. Hostile, friendly...sexual?

Will you be putting the person in a situation and then assessing their RP, this would probably be the fairest way, or will it just be random?

Will they all get the same amount of time too?

scopeshot    0

What I mean is at the start of the event, players will have a month period to preform some really amazing RP on the server. They are free to do it when they please within the alloted time. THey rp how the choose and when they choose with who they choose. No constraints. Just analyzing and awarding.

Burgz    6

What I mean is at the start of the event, players will have a month period to preform some really amazing RP on the server. They are free to do it when they please within the alloted time. THey rp how the choose and when they choose with who they choose. No constraints. Just analyzing and awarding.

Hmm, it just seems like it won't work if you don't constrict it that month, e.g giving them a scenario to RP out. For example, a man giving out food and a bloodbag would probably get less points than a heavily RP'ed execution, however the bloodbag guy could be really good.

At the end of the day, do it how you want bud :P

scopeshot    0

Don't get me wrong, I posted this so I could get ideas on how to make it better

Ghillie-Guy    0

Its a good idea. Get busy with making the thread looking a little more professional, then you might get approval.

scopeshot    0

As you may understand, I am doing this all from my phone, I am a truck driver and am only at home on the weekends, please be patient as I do my best.

Before continuing work on the event I am gonna wait to hear back from rolle if the donation credit exchange is OK for him.

Silas    11

I like the idea, it will definitely encourage people to roleplay away from settlements and I think this has great potential.

scopeshot    0

So after doing some thinking, I think burgz is correct. So there will be two separate events (will edit post when I have time). One will be for strictly bandits and the other will be strictly for hero play. (Users will only be allowed to compete for one or the other). Prizes won't change, so now this should work out in a way that is fair to both bandits and hero's.

Let me also add this..... Typing forum align, color, and text size codes on a phone sucks! I can't control the option s when posting so I have to type out each and every code myself

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

No, community contribution awards are here to reward people's conduct not only in game but on the forums with donation credits.

Toorrik    4

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-community-contribution-awards-2014--43231

This could also come under the Community Contribution awards.

It has to concern a contribution to the community as a whole. A good roleplay encounter with a single person can work, but someone doing great roleplay in a public space like a settlement is preferred.

I suppose if you had multiple amazing RP experiences with said person and have proof to back it up, you could nominate?

scopeshot    0

Well crud, I never knew that thread had been there. Well this event doesn't really work huh?

Ancalagon    0

Hmm i would really need those credits but sadly, i don't have the stuff i need for some really epic RP available ^^

Let's see if i can find something

scopeshot    0

Its been a little over two days and still now response from rolle, so I think its a no, please close the thread :/