Server time: 2017-10-17, 00:33
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
BobitoZ

Stealing in TP

Question

BobitoZ    0

So people keep stealing things from my car/truck as soon as I turn my head for a few min.

What exactly am I suppose to do? I tried to make a formal report last time but nothing came of it.

Today 4 nato mags and 1 wheel was taken.

8 answers to this question

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

There's nothing you can do because the TP is a NON hostile zone so you cant just go ahead and kill them. Either report them IC to a CTC gaurd. Or the only other way for someone to be punished for this is through a report as logs will show them stealing from you.

I spoke with Rolle when someone stole something from my car asking if I could shoot the guy he said no report it.

Diggy    0

Well you need to make the report as soon as it happens. Logs are hard enough to find, so waiting won't make things go by better.

BobitoZ    0

I'm not exactly sure when it happened. Between 22:00, 3:00 server restart.

I don't know who because they always do it when I'm not right next the the vehicle. Is this enough information? The items stolen, the vehicle and an approximate time? It did not seem to be enough last time.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

I'm not exactly sure when it happened. Between 22:00, 3:00 server restart.

I don't know who because they always do it when I'm not right next the the vehicle. Is this enough information? The items stolen, the vehicle and an approximate time? It did not seem to be enough last time.

Items stolen, time, maybe vehicle type and of course your in game name :)

From what i have heard on the teamspeak, around forums and actually in tp. Many people have showed amounts of discretion towards small things. Such as common mags and items. From what i've seen is report it to CTC in the game because you will probably from a roleplay perspective get the most satisfying justice towards your theifs. However if it is a item like a weapon such as a UMP or a high grade weapon, then i would report it to the forums. What vehicle in tp do you own can i ask?

BobitoZ    0

From what i have heard on the teamspeak, around forums and actually in tp. Many people have showed amounts of discretion towards small things. Such as common mags and items. From what i've seen is report it to CTC in the game because you will probably from a roleplay perspective get the most satisfying justice towards your theifs. However if it is a item like a weapon such as a UMP or a high grade weapon, then i would report it to the forums. What vehicle in tp do you own can i ask?

Stealing is stealing, direct quote.

"Do not, under any circumstances perform or pretend to perform any of the following actions: initiate, steal, threaten, shoot at, be hostile towards, provoke or bait other players."

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Like stated above, stealing is stealing.

No matter how big or small, worthy or unworthy the object is, it will always be stealing and against the server rules itself.

You need to think of others in these situations, they've come into the mindset that stealing is not allowed and themselves are following these rules strictly.

However, people who think like the way you described work against this mentality and steal from the oblivious.

To put it in blunt terms, it's unfair to everyone who strives to follow the rules inside the post and it's simply a dick move.

No matter how unimportant that item might be, it's the sense of safety and true betrayal from the people who have broken the rules for pure reasons of self gain.

All in all, I highly advise you rethink the approach with what you feel is right to steal and not to steal, because simply, nothing is right to steal in the trade post.

Mush    2

Unfortunately, Bob, the only way to take action is via report. You yourself cannot commit hostilities within TP.

Evidence is always good whether it be photographic or video. If there is enough evidence and logs prove it's someone, we'll catch them.

Apologies, but a report is the only way to solve this issue.

/solved