Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:16

To many Confusion

Guest Damendur

Guest Damendur

With the growing number of players more and more are less roleplaying i guess.

As it happened an hour ago a big confusing firefight took place in cherno. And with everyone of the involved clanplayers (especially the bandit clans) running back to their bodies, the confusion will increase and innocent people who are passing by will get shot on sight because some players don't take the rules seriously and try to reenter the fight and so it happens that some people with the same skin will be shot because the involved combatants thought it was some guy of the clans.

So guys if you want to fight each other go to an area give every clan the time to equip properly and then each other should smash the their brains out. But please let the roleplayer play their game.

• MVP

I understand your point.

But the banditry is also a part of the roleplay.

You as a "random" should not walk straight into the firefight either.

Not if you hear gunshots that is.

• Emerald

Running directly back to your corpse is not allowed, and revenge kills that aren't actually legit because the person they shot is someone different is a KOS and is also not allowed.

But also on your point, running into a shower of bullets isn't very smart either.

I notice that a LOT (you know who you are) of bandits give a shit about rules, and don't even care about their 3 to 7 day ban. They just go troll some other server for three days, and the character reset couldn't be cared less about. They'll just pick up a weapon and rob people again.

They hardly roleplay and just push macro keys with pre-dictated robbing messages.

I just comply with their low end roleplaying and keep moving. I like to interact with people, not these guys. They are bots that have no intention of roleplaying, but just get as much stuff as possible.

They communicate with each other using teamspeak, and they only use VON to announce the robbery.

They don't care about roleplaying, and rather just KOS you instead, because that will save them the hassle of following rules and having to risk a bullet in the head themselves.

And in the mean time the only roleplaying I see is in the reports forum and the ban appeals.

People who obviously had to be permabanned long ago are still here, given insane amount of "last chances" and still just keep trolling. And when they don't get their appeal done to their likings they go and badmouth the admins who denied them. Respect the admins people. They have the final word. I hate it when I see some troll putting two admins up to each other with deceiving messages deriving from the same types of bandits all the time.

Yes I read the reports and ban appeals, just to scan around and learn from other people's mistakes.

I really vow for a hardcore RP server, where using macro's and teamspeak will get you insta banned forever.

But I guess that won't be done. Too difficult.

Just my two cans of beans here.

• MVP

Some people role-play that way. Let them do as they want. Isn't that the point in this server?

You cannot criticize one person's POV for this. I can empathize where you come from when you say that bandits do not play roles but unfortunately I disagree with your points.

Firstly, many have created fantastic roles and backgrounds. e.g. SGRU- I mate hate them but I love the role that they have created for themselves.

Secondly, the majority follow the rules, except in some cases due to confusion or an unfortunate accident that may have occurred.

If they want to use VoIP then I fail to see why you should concern yourself with them? Do you wish to use it? If no, then don't. Do not impose your 'set of morals' on to others as if they are the truth.

Osaka I would give you plenty of beans but people have to realize that people can role play in many different forms. You can create an argument to prove any point when it comes to role play.

I do concede that a hardcore RP server would be warranted (which is already being considered). However, Damendur is still in the wrong with his statement regardless of the situation.

• Emerald

True, people can do whatever they want. Most bandits are doing a good job, I just referred to those who know they are making people hate this server and run off because they constantly try to bend the rules and push it further every time.

I just don't want to go into namecalling.

I never had problems with being robbed or bandits in general, just those that make a sport out of roleplaying the edge of the rules, and not the actual game.

The NLR was made so that gunfights die out eventually, and not so that the ones who died constantly run back into the fight confusing the entire game and making innocent players get caught in the crossfire.

On the other hand, if you hear gunshots and stacks of death messages, you might want to 180 degree around and go elsewhere if you don't want to die.

Guest Damendur

Unfortunately Dayz is buggy and if you don't hear gunshots you don't expect a gunfight or like in may situation the fight was paused and the involved player rearmed and tried to get revenge when i was far away in the outskirts of cherno....

I didn't hear gunshots, maybe a bug i don't know and going bag to reopen the fighting is no roleplay at all... right some groups really do roleplay but some are really not doing it at all and i mean like someone said macromessages and voice messages and then insta counting someone on... not even thinking there could be lags is poor... yesterday i got robbed i think by z.c. and i have the feeling they are not happy if they can't gun someone down...

well yeagh you're right i shouldn't have gone into cherno but unfortunately i hadn't any clue what was going on so now i will turn cherno my back.

Well some people that get robbed role play to be a victim in a good matter. Others just don't care and are mad because we take their slightly better pack and ask if we want his flashlight to and other griefing during the robbery. That is not much rp either. Most of us now a days have the bandit skin on if possible so you can see the danger comming. The text macro's are to prevent any misunderstanding. After that the voice takes over. Depending on the person it is very rp some times. How would you think a robbery would take place in a zombie apoccalypse?? And yes in a apoccalypose people will take your items.

And about the rule breaking, non of us wants to get banned. And people that are not involved in a firefight should stay clear. Maybe some notorious bandit can make a post about how to recognize a firefight from a distance.

Guest Damendur

Ok first it is funny to see that the most reports come from players doing a lot of PVP... very interesting fact.

Next to the bandtis i don't mind getting robbed but come on there should be a line between robbing and stripping someone down to the pants, next time i will try to kill as many bandits as possible because there is no difference in dying or getting robbed.

Problem is the bandit is respawning and pretends nothing happend and regroup with his buddies... so the bandits have always an advantage not realistic but hey it's ok...

maybe we can change the rules and add the Rule that someone with a bandit mask can be KoS by anyone without making proper contact...

There have to be something to scale down the advantages for bandits because know I just see benefits in beeing a bandit which is either realistic nor good for RP on server.

And no sometimes you don't see the danger coming. But that is just bad luck i know....

Oh and it is getting really stupid when i have to tape every session I am playing to be on the safe side.

One question why do i have to tell you my name after i got robbed, otherwise i get shot and how does it come that you don't post your names?

• MVP

Problem is the bandit is respawning and pretends nothing happend and regroup with his buddies... so the bandits have always an advantage not realistic but hey it's ok...

maybe we can change the rules and add the Rule that someone with a bandit mask can be KoS by anyone without making proper contact...

There have to be something to scale down the advantages for bandits because know I just see benefits in beeing a bandit which is either realistic nor good for RP on server.

And no sometimes you don't see the danger coming. But that is just bad luck i know....

Oh and it is getting really stupid when i have to tape every session I am playing to be on the safe side.

One question why do i have to tell you my name after i got robbed, otherwise i get shot and how does it come that you don't post your names?

Killing bandits on sight would be griefed and exploited.

Simply put if you don't cooperate then they can kill you. If you cooperate to a certain extent I would argue that they don't have the right to kill you however. Why not try lying and/or bluffing?

All I can say is be as careful as you can mate.

Ok first it is funny to see that the most reports come from players doing a lot of PVP... very interesting fact.

Next to the bandtis i don't mind getting robbed but come on there should be a line between robbing and stripping someone down to the pants, next time i will try to kill as many bandits as possible because there is no difference in dying or getting robbed.

Your getting striped for the bandits safety. Weapon, pistol and backpack. Then in some occasions the bandits don't want you to return, but most of the time they will move on to another location. The stuf the bandits don't need are still there. Just come back in 15minutes and you will find a lot of stuf. Getting yourself killed or putting up a fight is wat some bandits even prefer so that you can't revenge kill them or trow a grenade(at their bus nixon:P). The fact that this is a no kos server does not mean it is a safe to run and free loot server. I might make a post in the near future on how to avoid being the innocent bystander in firefights. Maybe it is all ready in the TOR survival guide.

small edit: about telling your names. I got shot once for not typing my name by RF. It was allowed according to them and they have a point. In real life you can easily recognize the guy if he returns with a weapon or if he is part from a rival group. But this game has its limitations. Basicly comming clean about your name is rp. And yes the bandit does give away his name, because he types you a text macro to start the engagement.

• MVP

Some don't Old Man.

One of the CLF guys was mugged by Sonny who didn't use a macro. Sonny then pretended to be someone else. Unfortunately he gave the name of the person he was mugging...

So there are plenty of ways to try and go around this though I can see your point Oldman. Personally, I don't think people should be forced to type anything, as long as they are communicating.

Oldman is very right in the sense that there must always be an element of risk. There cannot be specific PvP zones. That would be dull.

I see couple problems in this

1) You might've got bandit skin when you really didn't deserver it. Example someone might've got bandit skin even though they were only protecting themselves a.k.a someone was shooting at him, so he killed him. Problem is that you don't loose humanity if you kill someone when they had hit you, not shot at you this results him/her getting the bandit skin when they didn't deserve it.

2) Most of people here have donated and most likely purchased skin what they're using, so you can't know if they really have bandit skin or not.

And typing the name question: In real life you can pretty easily recognize someone from their voice, their looks etc. on DayZ it's alot harder.

Guest Damendur

Ok ok i see your point all of you and i just have to life with it... and i know there are some bandits with a lot humanity and try to be fair some others just troll the players... but won't it be better to dropp all your weapons and empty out the backpack... because sometimes it's really hard to find backpacks.... I mean you can have everything from me i will gladly give you all of my items but my backpack.... it is essential for me as a lonely wanderer.... there is the possibility to loot the backpack without droping it....

So next time I'll just avoid the hot zones... and wander around :D

For me RP in a zombie-post-apocaliptic world is more to roam around with a group. It's about establishing a new society with rules and a hierachy and repopulate certain areas, still thinking of the fallout games.

And to be honest it's the very base need of a human to have a place where he can always return and feel home now.

Guest Damendur

This is what i do and everyone should also do when you hear gunshots:

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/594rhvdw/tumblr_m0fsaxQy9r1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Running towards them is dumb and will likely cause you to die.

On the other hand the fighting factions should also stay away once they died when a firefight is ongoing.

The NLR should be changed in that fact - Else its just causing reports.

You're absolutely right but we didn't hear any gunshots until someone opened fire on us but ok that's life nothing bad happened it was just frustrating for a moment....

BTW plz guys don't place your tents into the water to hide it from other players that's not realistic and rpish! Try to hide them in a realistic way... :D

Nothing further to say...