Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:25
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Jack Allen

DayZRP Hall of Fame

Jack Allen    18

The DayZRP Hall of Fame is something that i have though of ever since i joined DayZRP. And As we do know most of the good players who are good at helping the community, donate the most money, and are good at RP. But we won't remember them forever. But thats why we should make a Hall of Fame, to reconize some of the best RPers and Helpers we have. But we can't just let people in just becouse we are good friends with them. Here are a few requirements that I think would fit the DayZRP Hall of Fame.

1. Helping Out players in the Community Such as reports, answering questions, or even just trying to help resolve a problem in the forums.

2. Being A Good Role Player. Im not talking about a good RP Voice, but actually handleing the RP Situations well. And Not trolling other players in RP form.

3. Atleast Have been playing on DayZRP for 6 Months. I know that may seem a bit unfair, becouse we all know there are a wide variety of good players that haven't been on DayZRP for 6 months. But 6 months can change RPers way of Role playing, their attitudes, and their dedication. And its just a way of prooving that they want to stick with DayzRP.

4. Having less than 2 Trolling or BadRP Reports. I know this may sound rediculous in a few ways. And sometimes people just get over their heads and make mistakes. But we don't want a troller at the top of the list for inducting. But people do change, and if there is a player inducted with 4 or 3 troll reports against them and they have become more mature in Role playing. They still have a chance.

5. Must have Atleast 500 posts. I know not everyone gets a chance to post on the forums, a few people i play DayZ with have actually gotten unwhitelisted for not posting on DayZRP. But Like i said before, its not just about Role Playing In general.

I don't expect this idea to be a sucess, becouse players might brag or become cocky about being inducted. But you can always remember, You can still get kicked out of the Hall of Fame! :D

Owen    14

Why not, it is a sound idea.

Guest magw33d   
Guest magw33d

Sorry Jack, but this sounds awfully similar to the currently implemented 'Community Contribution Awards', which is run by the staff.

4. Having less than 2 Trolling or BadRP Reports.

It seems a bit of an oxymoron that you would be making and deciding who enters this 'list'. I don't think you are the best judgement of character in this case, based on your history within the game.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Hmm a hall of fame could be quite cool. For departed community members who made an impact. What Magw33d said is true though it does sound a little like the community contributors.

Still not a bad idea

Ross    0

number #2 and #4 contradict each other, if you are a good RP'er you should never have a report against you for bad RP in my opinion. Also 500 posts is quite alot, some people don't have that many but that dosen't mean they don't help peolpe out on TS aswell as on the forums, which also relates to #1. For this to be implemented, which personally I don't think it should, there would need to be massive changes to the system you select people to go in this Hall of Fame. I don't know about anyone else but I can easily recognize the people who RP well and help the community.

pejay    1

DayzRP is already too much of a popularity contest, community contribution awards is enough.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

DayzRP is already too much of a popularity contest, community contribution awards is enough.

I agree, its a fantastic community yes, but there is no need to treat it like a massive corporation like Fifa or WWE or something.

ZeroXiz    0

In b4 Boris, Habib and Mojo on hall of fame.

Inb4 Anando the terminator

Community awards seems to be enough, else DayZRP will just become a massive circlejerk I feel like.

Jack Allen    18

Sorry Jack, but this sounds awfully similar to the currently implemented 'Community Contribution Awards', which is run by the staff.

4. Having less than 2 Trolling or BadRP Reports.

It seems a bit of an oxymoron that you would be making and deciding who enters this 'list'. I don't think you are the best judgement of character in this case, based on your history within the game.

I never said anything about me being the judge on who gets in, I just suggested some rules for the Hall of Fame :D

Daryl Dixon    0

Like a few have said maybe they should be judged on more than a couple of things rather then just what you mentioned. I do think that a hall of fame would be pretty cool though. Sort of similar to the contribution awards but more of a dedicated thread.