Server time: 2017-10-19, 11:08
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Clammy

Report?

Clammy    0

It has come to my attention that Spitting on people is a form of power-gaming, in a recent ban linked here : http://gyazo.com/bea59490e85b9e21733aedc62cc8c461

Yesterday, my character, Marcus Griffin, was spat on in TP for defending a CTC guard in an argument. I'm not sure his name, but the CTC member's name was "Archer" I believe. Maybe he knows the persons name who spat on me.

I'm not sure that if I get the persons name that the report would become valid because it has only came to my intention that spitting on people is a form of power-gaming, but if I do get the persons name, I would report him. I'm not sure if the person who recently got banned was the guy who spat on me, but if it is, feel free to close this post.

All I ask is if anybody was there who could identify the guy who spat on me so I could report him.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

You want to report someone who created slightly hostile roleplay and spat on you for powergaming? B.R.A.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

spitting onto a person is power gaming it's the same as typing

*punches man in face*

It's power gaming. It isn't power gaming though if you have a hostage as they are under your control and there against their will.

If you choose to pursue a report then logs will show if he did indeed type that he spits on you.

Lil_Beefy    0

I saw that whole thing go down, not entirely what happened but I did see/hear him spit on you. I thought you were provoking it from what I saw but maybe I didn't see something before hand, if you get evidence and the guys name then by all means report him.

You want to report someone who created slightly hostile roleplay and spat on you for powergaming? B.R.A.

'Hostile' roleplay would be counted as a hostile act, no? If so, then there's another rule broken inside Trade Post.

Clammy, I wouldn't bother making a report days after the incident. The time since it's happened should be enough for both players to have settled down and I don't know if a possible report would go anywhere.

Clammy    0

spitting onto a person is power gaming it's the same as typing

*punches man in face*

It's power gaming. It isn't power gaming though if you have a hostage as they are under your control and there against their will.

If you choose to pursue a report then logs will show if he did indeed type that he spits on you.

Well i'm not sure if I should, you know, False report and all that.

I saw that whole thing go down, not entirely what happened but I did see/hear him spit on you. I thought you were provoking it from what I saw but maybe I didn't see something before hand, if you get evidence and the guys name then by all means report him.

'Hostile' roleplay would be counted as a hostile act, no? If so, then there's another rule broken inside Trade Post.

Clammy, I wouldn't bother making a report days after the incident. The time since it's happened should be enough for both players to have settled down and I don't know if a possible report would go anywhere.

Well, I mean if sticking up for someone is provoking someone to do something then I don't know

Andrew    0

Yes spitting on someone can be seen as power gaming but if they just did it once, not in a trolling manner then is it really worth reporting? Roleplay over ruleplay? (once again I wasn't there so maybe it was bad rp)

Besphynx    0

Not going to lie, if spitting on people is a form of Powergaming then that is pretty pathetic, it spices up the RP a little if you are having a standoff with another clan.

But then again, you always do the "Attempts to ...." thing so people do not accuse you of metagaming. If they do not say anything in return when you do the action just act like you did. They had a chance to stop it from happening but they did not :)

Terra    1449

*spits on Paula* = I can´t do ANYTHING against it = form of powergaming

*attempts to*

*tries to*

*tries specifically to spit on Paula*

= I can react on it

It´s a form of, not very nice, but if you want to do it right and fair, I would always give someone the chance to react on such things.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Not going to lie, if spitting on people is a form of Powergaming then that is pretty pathetic, it spices up the RP a little if you are having a standoff with another clan.

But then again, you always do the "Attempts to ...." thing so people do not accuse you of metagaming. If they do not say anything in return when you do the action just act like you did. They had a chance to stop it from happening but they did not :)

It forces you to roleplay as you've been spat on. It gives the victim no ability to stop what's happening to them. It's acceptable if they are a hostage. Also bad RP why would you spit on someone if they were armed and they were protecting the people who guard the camp (CTC).

It's BadRP and power gaming.

Clammy    0

Yes spitting on someone can be seen as power gaming but if they just did it once, not in a trolling manner then is it really worth reporting? Roleplay over ruleplay? (once again I wasn't there so maybe it was bad rp)

He did it like 2-3 times. Archer saw him spit on me, as archer went to stop him, he spat on me again. So I followed him around keeping a close eye on him, he eventually spotted me, spat on me again and told me to "Fuck Off" so I did.

*spits on Paula* = I can´t do ANYTHING against it = form of powergaming

*attempts to*

*tries to*

*tries specifically to spit on Paula*

= I can react on it

The guy just went *Spits on the man* or something along those lines, he never added *Attempts to* or *Tries to*

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

This is both minor power gaming and breaking TP rules, it is essentially a form of hostility.

If this were to happen to me outside of the TP and its protection, I would have shot the person instantly.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Shit man. If we woild report all the provoking and hostile actions we get when we enter the tradepost at least half of them TP nolifers that sit there all day showing off gear would be bamned. But its simply not worth reporting you know.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

He did it like 2-3 times. Archer saw him spit on me, as archer went to stop him, he spat on me again. So I followed him around keeping a close eye on him, he eventually spotted me, spat on me again and told me to "Fuck Off" so I did.

Was it *spits on man* (typed) or was it just a spitting noise through voice

Toorrik    4

This is both minor power gaming and breaking TP rules, it is essentially a form of hostility.

If this were to happen to me outside of the TP and its protection, I would have shot the person instantly.

Not essentially, It Is hostile. How would you react if someone spit at you?

I remember having this discussion with Thumper a while back and he said that he would shoot if he had just gotten spat at.

Mental    0

Ok, so I'm trying to stop Archer from going into the CTC area because he said he is stealing from them and you point your gun at me.

Slightly hostile.

You then begin to provoke me calling me *Tough Guy* and start following me around the TP. i even told you OOC to fuck off as you were provoking me and being hostile towards me

More hostility.

If you want to report me for spitting in your face then go right ahead. I'll just report you for Baiting and provoking inside TP.

Clammy    0

Shit man. If we woild report all the provoking and hostile actions we get when we enter the tradepost at least half of them TP nolifers that sit there all day showing off gear would be bamned. But its simply not worth reporting you know.

To be honest, I wouldn't report the guy anyway, because I wouldn't want to be responsible for getting someone banned from the community. I just wanted to know if it was against server rules, which I now know it is so I can look out for it in the future.

Ok, so I'm trying to stop Archer from going into the CTC area because he said he is stealing from them and you point your gun at me.

Slightly hostile.

You then begin to provoke me calling me *Tough Guy* and start following me around the TP. i even told you OOC to fuck off as you were provoking me and being hostile towards me

More hostility.

If you want to report me for spitting in your face then go right ahead. I'll just report you for Baiting and provoking inside TP.

You were the one who spat on me for defending him in an argument. I don't see how I provoked you? You spat on me for no apparent reason, and, as I said, I wouldn't want to get anybody banned from the community, because I hate the feel of Guilt. Also, as I remember, you told me to go away only OOC, not in-game, correct me if I'm wrong but I followed you around to keep an eye on you. I called you "Tough Guy" Because you used "Big Boy Words" as I said in-game.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Slightly hostile.

More hostility.

Instead of the public slanging match boys. How about go speak in teamspeak and you can both show each other where you went wrong.

I know both you OOC nice guys. I'm sure this can be sorted with a chat rather than a thread argument :P

Clammy    0

Slightly hostile.

More hostility.

Instead of the public slanging match boys. How about go speak in teamspeak and you can both show each other where you went wrong.

I know both you OOC nice guys. I'm sure this can be sorted with a chat rather than a thread argument :P

I agree, we will talk about this in TeamSpeak later on, I have a-lot of stuff to do without worrying about this.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Slightly hostile.

More hostility.

I agree, we will talk about this in TeamSpeak later on, I have a-lot of stuff to do without worrying about this.

Nice :) take it to the PM's guys arguments art worth having where everyone can see them and get involved.

Fun to spectate arguments though :troll:

Mental    0

You were the one who spat on me for defending him in an argument. I don't see how I provoked you? You spat on me for no apparent reason, and, as I said, I wouldn't want to get anybody banned from the community, because I hate the feel of Guilt. Also, as I remember, you told me to go away only OOC, not in-game, correct me if I'm wrong but I followed you around to keep an eye on you. I called you "Tough Guy" Because you used "Big Boy Words" as I said in-game.

You still continues following me even after I said not to. Is that not a hostile action? I spat on you because you were continuously pointing your weapon at me while I was trying to stop someone stealing inside the TP.

Clammy    0

You still continues following me even after I said not to. Is that not a hostile action? I spat on you because you were continuously pointing your weapon at me while I was trying to stop someone stealing inside the TP.

Everybody knew it was Archer, a CTC Guard! We will continue to talk about this in TeamSpeak later, like James suggested.

Mental    0

Everybody knew it was Archer, a CTC Guard! We will continue to talk about this in TeamSpeak later, like James suggested.

We shall.

Terra    1449

You used something out of the verdict which is completly different to the case here.

However, as I said before, spitting is a "form of" powergaming and it all depends on the situation ingame.

Every case is unique.

The spitting in the Report was just the tip of the iceberg.

I spit all the time ingame to be fair, but I try to do it in a fair way.

I let the one I spit on a chance to react "goes a step to the side" "hits in the face* *wipes it away*.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Actually, CTC citizen. No CR rights and has to follow rules like everybody else. (Sorry archer :()

Terra    1449

I suggest you talk to each other.

Please in future, do not take verdicts out of context to back up your own claims. Verdicts are case specific the majortiy of the time.

With this, I close this.