Server time: 2017-08-18, 19:59

Sign in to follow this  
Novac

XML Hosting

Novac    1

Kravok has made his own XML creation and hosting website and I suggest you try that out before reading anymore :)

Since Drop Box has decided to make anyone new to its services pay for a public folder it has become pretty expensive to create a XML from scratch, so I've decided to try and create a free service for dayzRP groups that don't have a drop box folder or any other way of hosting XMLs to use.

How it will work:

This will be used by me alone and I do not plan on editing any files, the way it will work is: I have created a public upload through the website Mediafire, this will be used to upload your XML, XSL, DTD, CSS, PAA or other compatible image file and any extra files you wish (such as alternative images) Make sure to zip up your files in a folder before uploading them so that they don't get mixed up with other uploaded XMLs. You can find all files here in this great xml creation guide.

I will then upload these files to a folder dedicated to your XML within my public dropbox folder and provide you with the public link, if you wish to edit any files just upload them to my mediafire link, send me a PM and ill replace the file asap.

Mediafire link

This will only be for groups that are accepted or in the ideas section, any XMLs for groups in the Denied or archived section will be deleted to save space. Please PM me first if you wish for me to host an XML, all unknown uploaded files will be deleted.

I have only just thought this system up and created it rather quickly so if you see any errors or missing information feel free to leave a post. This system obviously requires the trust of the clan leader to trust me to upload there XMLs, as previously stated I do not wish to edit any of the files but if you do not feel you can trust me I understand and you probably should not use this service. If your not sure or just want to have a chat about it feel free to PM me or find me on TeamSpeak.

This is just something I thought would be nice to do as a way to give back to the community. I have quite a bit of experience creating and uploading XMLs as I created and hosted the XMLs for PublicVoodoo's 501st and Kanen's BTR as well as my own clan Legacy.

Feel free to ask me for any other type of XML help if you want to :)

Great work, Nova! This is a long process to do it by but it seems to be the only way to do it without paying for dropbox.

Novac    1

thanks :D i just thought this was kinda needed since it seems to be harder and harder to host XMLs now and there a needed thing to create groups

Novac    1

After a couple tests with project graphite's xml we didn't run into any problems really so id say this is good to go :D

Good luck with this what happened to the old way of doing XMLs?

Novac    1

dropbox decided if you don't already have an account you gotta pay $100 to be able to share files publicly

Novac    1

just pm me whenever just for help if you need it :)

Guest Kath10   
Guest Kath10

thats nice of you :)

im very glad i registered a dropbox account over a year ago now :D

Sign in to follow this