Server time: 2017-08-20, 00:14

Sign in to follow this  
sjablaw

Melee skills

sjablaw    0

Hey everybody,

Yesterday I had my first day on the server. Didn't meet any people yet but it was still fun.

However I keep dying from zombies because every swing I take with my axe or crowbar misses.

Does anyone have any tips voor melee combat?

Slow down, make sure you're not breathing too heavily. Sometimes if you breath to fast the aiming on the weapon jumps from the corner of the screen to the next. Make sure you catch your breath, aim, and walk towards your target. Oh, and remember to -always- make sure you have the weapon equipped, you won't believe how annoying it is to think you're going to hit a zombie and then you throw a flare at his face.

Moxy    19

Hey everybody,

Yesterday I had my first day on the server. Didn't meet any people yet but it was still fun.

However I keep dying from zombies because every swing I take with my axe or crowbar misses.

Don't move and swing, try to hold still and swing. Also, this goes without saying probably but try to sneak a bit more when around the zeds. They're a lot more dangerous on this server and you should consider sneaking more than on other servers because of how lethal they are.

This is to promote a more realistic experience where zombies are actually a threat and you must take them into consideration when going into a city or other place where they spawn instead of just running in and out.

Remember that throwing smoke grenades, glass bottle, can and such can distract them so you can move in undetected.

Hope this helped!

Bloody    0

If your not experienced with open field zombie killing, you should hide in a pine tree(they can't hit you there) or go inside a building( they walk slower) you can also outrun zombies by turbo running (bind turbo to a button, hold it and spam W)

Roofcake    1

Aim the zombie's body between your guy's head and the melee weapon if you're in 3rd person. It would also be a very good idea to go indoors before trying to dispatch infected, as they have to walk inside buildings.

sjablaw    0

Thanks all for the great tips!

Hey everybody,

They're a lot more dangerous on this server and you should consider sneaking more than on other servers because of how lethal they are.

Hope this helped!

Yeah I know I learned it the hard way...

Ghillie-Guy    0

I only hit zombies with my hatchet indoors. Iv'e been here for a year and a bit now, and my experience of dealing with the zombies has taught me well, and now I never shoot a single zombie.

Tomeran    3

Melee is the way to go!

I've used melee weapons extensivly in this game and I rarely take hits when I use them, so I'll give my piece of advice:

1: Hatchet above everything else. Why? Because it has a slightly bigger range then any other melee weapon. That is invaluable.

2: Only ever fight zombies indoors, unless you manage to sneak up on them without agro and can one-shot them.

3: Get a good feel of the range of your weapon. Move a little forward, use the range at its max, take a swing, back up. Repeat this "hit and run" tactic until the target is dead. It may require some space to do, so dont back yourself into a corner.

4: Only ever fight zombies indoors, especielly with melee weapons.

5: Only ever fight zombies indoors, especielly with melee weapons.

6: Extra emphasis on points nr. 2, 4 and 5. Taking on an agroed zeke in the open with a melee weapon is recipie to having your limbs gnawed off real fast.

...and there you go! Enjoy! :D

sjablaw    0

Melee is the way to go!

I've used melee weapons extensivly in this game and I rarely take hits when I use them, so I'll give my piece of advice:

1: Hatchet above everything else. Why? Because it has a slightly bigger range then any other melee weapon. That is invaluable.

2: Only ever fight zombies indoors, unless you manage to sneak up on them without agro and can one-shot them.

3: Get a good feel of the range of your weapon. Move a little forward, use the range at its max, take a swing, back up. Repeat this "hit and run" tactic until the target is dead. It may require some space to do, so dont back yourself into a corner.

4: Only ever fight zombies indoors, especielly with melee weapons.

5: Only ever fight zombies indoors, especielly with melee weapons.

6: Extra emphasis on points nr. 2, 4 and 5. Taking on an agroed zeke in the open with a melee weapon is recipie to having your limbs gnawed off real fast.

...and there you go! Enjoy! :D

Awesome, thanks!