Server time: 2017-08-19, 11:10

Sign in to follow this  
Niclas

Sound problems

Question

Niclas    0

I'm using a headset but somehow I can talk perfectly in skype and TS but I don't hear anything in-game. [screenshot if I manage to figure out how to take one] Also if I click on the thing in the bottom right of my desktop where I would be able to turn up the game sound it says no audio devices found.

15 answers to this question

Niclas    0

Are you sure your headset is set as the default device?

9c34100c38.png

Speakers are set as default device and headset as default communication device and I can't set it as default device even if I deactivate speakers

-edit-

How can you do screenshots of your desktop (in that case sound option window)?

Printscreen_wikihow1.jpg

This will capture anything that you can see on the screen. It will copy the image into your clipboard, so go in Imgur and press Ctrl + V then upload it.

Niclas    0

Printscreen_wikihow1.jpg

This will capture anything that you can see on the screen

Thanks, but I have a german keyboard that looks totally different

As8RDug.png

right click the speaker icon.

hnIrltK.png

select playback devices

7ZHSYdN.png

once you find your headset right click and set as default communication device.

if you look at mine you will see I have a default communication device and a default device this is simply because I like to keep my audio channels divided EG: Ts runs through my headset and InGame runs through my desktop speakers

Edit: the key will more than likely be in the same place on your keyboard

reKkAnf.jpg

I'm using a headset but somehow I can talk perfectly in skype and TS but I don't hear anything in-game. [screenshot if I manage to figure out how to take one] Also if I click on the thing in the bottom right of my desktop where I would be able to turn up the game sound it says no audio devices found.

Forgive me here but you said you can speak in Skype and TS but you only have issues in-game?

That sounds like a game issue not an audio device problem.

Did you follow the steps above so that we can try find the issue?

Mush    2

undefined

Looks like you have the "undefined post" issue. Take a look at this thread to fix it, unless it's only temporary.

undefined

undefined

Looks like you have the "undefined post" issue. Take a look at this thread to fix it, unless it's only temporary.

Give that a go and touch base with us later on.

tH0sT8W.gif

Hey Niclas, haven't heard from you in a while. Have you fixed both of your problems?

Niclas    0

Hey Niclas, haven't heard from you in a while. Have you fixed both of your problems?

Sound problem: yes

Undefined: no idea

-edit-

Yay undefined is gone

P.S. Anyone knows a free antivirus program 'cause I get ads showing up all the time

Alyd    4

Try right clicking the advertisements and "inspect element". Then find the site that the ad points to, check your "uninstall/change programs" in the Control panel for a program of similar name to the site that the ads are coming from - uninstall it.

Alternatively, go into your chrome/Firefox/other browser addons/plugins and remove any suspicious looking items from the list. Great to hear that your other issues are fixed though :)

Sound problem: yes

Undefined: no idea

-edit-

Yay undefined is gone

P.S. Anyone knows a free antivirus program 'cause I get ads showing up all the time

Good to see your problems are fixed. Avast can be a suitable free AV software; however, I do advise you get a more secure AV (Which you will have to pay for) as it will be much safer.

Can you tell us how you solved your problems so people in the future who encounter this problem can refer back to it?

/Solved