Server time: 2017-10-23, 09:57
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Joel_is_beast

Beer fridge

I remember watching a video on youtube when The Haven was still up and running there was a fridge where you could get a beer from. Is it possible to see that added to The Quiver at TP?

simiskovich    0

I would love to see it added personally, but I'm getting a feeling that there is a reason behind why it is not there. I think it gives people more reasons to camp the TP, infinite drinks from the beer-machine and some wildlife roaming out and about the TP-protected area. (not sure about it) but perhaps the amount of empty soda cans people throw out might cause fps issues?

Unless one of the developers responsible for TP posted an explanation, You will have to wait for a reply from them/any staff involved.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Nope, leads to even more people camping TP, it is bad enough with the water supply that is there. Despite the removal of water from Altar and other settlements so people didn't camp, sadly with the supply available now it is it supports camping the TP.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

I miss dem beers :(

But yeh, it was removed due to infinite source of drinks, I don't really think it should return. If I'm not mistaken the devs are considering removing the well from TP as well, as infinite drinks, and so many animals around, give no reason to leave TP

not sure about it) but perhaps the amount of empty soda cans people throw out might cause fps issues?

Not really FPS-dropping in the past, just annoying as hell as someone had to clean it!

simiskovich    0

I miss dem beers :(

But yeh, it was removed due to infinite source of drinks, I don't really think it should return. If I'm not mistaken the devs are considering removing the well from TP as well, as infinite drinks, and so many animals around, give no reason to leave TP

not sure about it) but perhaps the amount of empty soda cans people throw out might cause fps issues?

Not really FPS-dropping in the past, just annoying as hell as someone had to clean it!

I see your point, that picture doesn't really cover any of the IRA raids though :P Beer cans all over the floor of the whole Raven's nest.

Burgz    6

Plz no. As others have said, infinite drink supply and it pretty much ruins the fact that beer is actually quite rare. I love finding one and keeping it safe, especially when they're stolen...;)

Hex    31

No no, it was more like this after an IRA raid...

i214qq.jpg

Tiddles    0

As much as I would love a beer fridge, it looks like its best to leave it out.

Baron    2

1) There's already a water source at the TP, so that isn't an issue.

2) The bar is open and ran in roleplay by some of the TOR members, if you want to RP drinking, do it there.

3) It's too easy to abuse, people would just come, take a few cans of beer, then leave, eliminating the point of any nearby ponds/spawns for 'drinks' loot.

All in all, there's no point in adding one, creates unnecessary mess and it's too much of a draw to the already popular TP. -1