Server time: 2017-08-18, 21:55

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Graphix

Bad serial number given on set-up, deleted.chernarus etc.

Question

Guest Graphix   
Guest Graphix

So recently I decided to try OverPoch, I'm guessing it might have messed things up.

Now when ever I join it will launch normally but come up with an error that says: "Addon 'dayz_anim' requires 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack', I press OK, it will launch, then take a long while to load, stuck on the "Wait a moment..." screen, and when it finishes with that, it will put me in the lobby, come up with an error message: "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Chernarus.ilsPosition'." and disconnect me from the lobby. I then try to join using the Arma server browser and when I join it will put me in the lobby for a split second, then kick me out with the message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/Cfgworlds/Chernarus.description' and the chat bar message of: "Vadim Turenov: You cannot edit/play this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus".

It will keep doing that, no matter the server. I've tried re-installing Arma2 OA, Arma 2, and I've also tried validation the local files, where it will say: "1 file failed to (something or other) and has been re-aquired", but it won't do anything.

I'm guessing the next step is to re-install both games at once and try it from there, I will post results.

Any suggestions?

(may be some chronological errors in there, tried my best)

Solved

Yes, sorry.

I deleted the directories of both armas and reinstalled,

it works fine now, thank you.

This can be marked as solved.

8 answers to this question

Zhunk    2

I had the same problem in the past, simply re-installed both of the games and it fixed the problem.

Try removing the Overwatch & Epoch folders from your Arma 2 OA Directory (Keep a backup). If that doesn't work and the problem persists then re-install both games.

Are you sure you put in the correct launch parameters simply copy and paste this if you didn't have them or have the incorrect one.

[email protected];@DayZ_Epoch;

Guest Kath10   
Guest Kath10

If its a fresh install then start up OA and arma 2 once before trying to join anything.

Guest Graphix   
Guest Graphix

Yes, sorry.

I deleted the directories of both armas and reinstalled,

it works fine now, thank you.

This can be marked as solved.