Server time: 2017-10-22, 21:12
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jappleack

Silly name for silly character?

Question

Guest Jappleack   
Guest Jappleack

I'm signing up for the whitelist, and so far I'm only finished with the "NLR" field (1641 characters, woo-hoo) and I thought of using a name like "Puppychrist Gumdrops" or something ridiculous like that, and having my first character on DayZRP be a complete oddball. I don't want to violate any sort of guidelines by having him identify as that after whatever incident left him (absolutely mental) on Chernarus after the apocalypse. I wanted to try something different, instead of having some generic, gritty, batman-voiced character or boring average-joe.

Are outlandish names and characters okay, or are they on the same boat as usernames? Thanks in advance!

11 answers to this question

Mush    2

How about, having a normal name with a nickname? Such as; John 'Devil' Leigh?

Diggy    0

Outlandish names? No. Outlandish characters? Yes.

I can assure you going into the server with the name Puppychrist Gumdrops will get you kicked for inappropriate RP name.

I strongly suggest playing this character carefully, because in many circumstances this sort of RP can come off as trolling. Just make sure to not seem too out of it, and maybe come up with a extensive backstory to how you became so insane/loopy.

Guest Graphix   
Guest Graphix

RP doesn't stand for "lol let's fok aroond m8"

but you could probably tell that already

Moxy    19

You can introduce yourself with that name "Puppychrist Gumdrops" in game if you can role play it well enough. Some (myself included) would consider this trolling though.

Your character name should be an actual name. For example, Jon Smith, but everyone calls me Tex. Or something along that line.

People take the Apocalypse lore here seriously, and I just don't see how that name you picked will add anything to the community except breaking the immersion.

Tiddles    0

I suggest you take a silly Nickname instead of Puppychrist gumdrops, and even with a silly nickname, make sure not to go overboard

Guest Jappleack   
Guest Jappleack

-snip-

-snippity-

Wow, that was super fast, this community is wonderful!

I suppose I'll just have his name be "-name- 'Gumdrops' -surname-" in that case. A bit of a downer, but hey, at least it won't get me instantly kicked off the server I've been waiting months to join!

Also, I was planning on having a backstory detailing how he ended up how he is.

Thanks for answering, you guys!

-snip, and mother of god man-

Well, I just thought it'd be different from my other characters in other communities, and hopefully funny for anyone who runs across him. I know what RP means, and it's supposed to be, you know, fun. I just needed clarification on whether the character actually fitting the name was okay. I didn't intend to piss anyone off or "fok aroond".

Now, to find how to change the thread to "solved". I don't mean to troll, either.

Mush    2

I'll solve this for you. :)

Nice to see enthusiastic people entering DayZRP! Good luck out there. :)

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

I know I would consider that name trolling if I were to hear it in-game.

Like stated above, you need to remember that many aren't here for the laughs, but to have a serious environment to role play in.

With that said, that name is not appropriate in anyway of fitting into a serious role play environment.

I'd also like to bring up the issue of, where the hell do we draw the line?

If you're allowed to run around with a name as stupid as that, to put it blunt, why can't others?

I know I would be very upset of I walked in to somewhere such as the trade post and I asked,

"What are your names?" And in reply I get a list of immature names such as fluffy kangaroo jimmy joe.

I'm sorry, but you can't hide the silly name behind the way your character will act.

Guest Jappleack   
Guest Jappleack

If you're allowed to run around with a name as stupid as that, to put it blunt, why can't others?

And that's why I asked, I didn't know if I was allowed to, and I didn't know others couldn't. Thanks for answering (and being informative, *cough cough Graphix cough*). I haven't had any experience with DayzRP, or any RP in DayZ at that, lest you count constant KoS and random acts of banditry RP. Thanks again!

IAmJackBandit    80

And that's why I asked, I didn't know if I was allowed to, and I didn't know others couldn't. Thanks for answering (and being informative, *cough cough Graphix cough*). I haven't had any experience with DayzRP, or any RP in DayZ at that, lest you count constant KoS and random acts of banditry RP. Thanks again!

Hey welcome to the community, yes RP is suppose to be fun but you don't want to go overboard and cross the trolling line. RP here is more serious, nothing along the lines of Garry's Mod RP, or Island Life...most people in this community try to treat this like actual life, I mean don't get me wrong, your character can have a sense of humor or whatever but don't take to the level where its considered trolling.

Guest Jappleack   
Guest Jappleack

-snip-

Aye-aye, Cap'n!