Server time: 2017-08-23, 06:27

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  

Surely we can do better

So I've noticed that there's quite a lot of "trolling" going on at TP, I don't know why this is, maybe people stay there for too long and get bored?

Anyway, today I was a bit chocked when there actually was mass-trolling going on, I recorded some of it just to show everyone how it can be:

[video=youtube]

It's not the worst I've seen but I think that as a community we can do a lot better then this?

This thread isn't for flaming and I'm not putting it up as a report because I'd rather just highlight this problem and have a discussion about it without having people think I'm only doing it to punish someone, I would even say that it's not about the people in the video per say.

This would just be a reminder to everyone and no one, think about your actions while at TP.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

stuff like that would lead to a perma ban in seconds in the past, now a "Sorry, wont do it again" is anough to make it right... just disgusting. #Cut4tpRuleEcxeptionAllowingShootingIdiotsLikeThese

It seems there's a lot of people getting accepted recently so I think most of the people trolling are new to the community. I've seen some reports based on trolling being closed due to the suspects apologizing but yet seem to go back do more since they think they'll get away with it again.

Voodoo    371

This is a disgrace to the server.

Whenever you see this trolling get names and video evidence then report. Behaviour like this is not needed. That includes unnecessary screaming aswell.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

It's an obvious fact that there have been an increases amount of users joining and playing on the RP servers, and a somewhat small portion of them will not 'fit in'.

With that, trolling and rule breaks are expected. Although some of them have already been reported and let off due to apologising, I'm a strong believer that your past will catch up to you.

Soon enough, the people like these will begin to be weeded out of the community and a sense of balance will be restored.

In the meanwhile, it's our duty to try speed up this process and do our best to stop these people from ruining the overall quality of role play that this server produces. Download some recording software and just record and report of you feel it is necessary.

You'll always get opinions on the report discussion page to see if it is worthy to move onto the next stage.

It's an obvious fact that there have been an increases amount of users joining and playing on the RP servers, and a somewhat small portion of them will not 'fit in'.

With that, trolling and rule breaks are expected. Although some of them have already been reported and let off due to apologising, I'm a strong believer that your past will catch up to you.

Soon enough, the people like these will begin to be weeded out of the community and a sense of balance will be restored.

In the meanwhile, it's our duty to try speed up this process and do our best to stop these people from ruining the overall quality of role play that this server produces. Download some recording software and just record and report of you feel it is necessary.

You'll always get opinions on the report discussion page to see if it is worthy to move onto the next stage.

Good guy Nathan :troll:

That behaviour is disgusting. Are we seriously not aloud to shoot people like that inside TP? If so, I believe that really needs to be changed.

Snoop    0

Atleast I can highlight one positive. I love the way your character dresses with the rusty gun aswell :D

Anyways, that stuff shouldn't be happening :(

Tiddles    0

This is just... Disappointing.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

So I am currently 13 seconds into the video and I have already seen someone do something that grants people KOS rights which is "Crab walking". If you are doing this outside of TP you are acting and making yourself look like a zombie hence (from what I have seen staff say in reports) people are allowed to shoot you.

This is nothing but an embarrassment to the community.

Chris    61

Allowing people to kill people in TP for rule breaks may cause as many problems as it solves, sadly. As always, the best method is to record, report, maybe poke staff that regularly patrol the TP if they are in TS.

Static RP places like the trade post seem to breed boredom, and boredom breeds poor decision making. I have been trying a few methods to spice up TP life when I am there, like zombie hordes, or random supply drops/crashes within running distance, but to little effect. We may shut down the TP for certain lengths of time between restarts, for 'security sweeps' or some such, just to encourage people to leave and do things besides camping the TP.

Static roleplay is nice, and can be a lot of fun, but its bringing out the worst in some of our players. I want to try and cure the disease, instead of treating the symptoms. (Not saying that we shouldnt/wont punish behavior like that, I just think the problem runs deeper than trolls being trolly).

Tomeran    3

I can tell you right now: Report-worthy. That clearly meets the definition of trolling. I recomend you take this to a report discussion if you havent already.

And yes, we have had an issue with that lately at the Trade Post. People that are bored walk up and goof around, not realizing that its a place for IC behaviour. If they cant maintain that while ingame because they're tired or bored, then they should log off. There's no excuse.

Unfortunetly giving people "rights" to maintain "anti-trolling justice" themselves at the TP would quickly get out of hand, so the best we can do is to maintain strong examples and show people that we dont accept crap like this. This is -not- okay behaviour and if people are not mature enough to realize that then they have nothing to do in this community.

Personally I am fed up with this kind of bullshit and I am in favor of MUCH harsher measures taken against it. But all of it also relies on people doing the right thing and doing like the OP, recording and reporting it.

Akbar    0

If you already haven't, I suggest putting up a report. This is just stupid.

Voedric    28

I started recording constantly, i recommend most people to do it as well.

If you use a program called OBS and set it to File Output only it won't livestream it as the program is meant to do, it will only make a file in the folder of your choice.

dd4ac67bd576b89ebb71cbce59ec6835.png

Muntz    3

I would have fucking shot them and the reported them.

Then you would possibly receive a ban along with the troll. The best thing to do in this case is to try to contact staff/CTC on TS and get them to handle it. If that is not an option; record, try to get their name and report. We do not condone non-staff making a judgement and taking it into their own hands. This will only lead to complications and further rulebreaks. I understand the frustration, but we still need to follow the outlined procedures.

Baron    2

We may shut down the TP for certain lengths of time between restarts, for 'security sweeps' or some such, just to encourage people to leave and do things besides camping the TP.

I don't think that's a solution, if anything, that may be just delaying an inevitable problem, the best thing to do is as previously said, record and report, these people should be either harshly warned or banned for a period of time/permanently.

I know the goal isn't to get people banned, but this sort of thing is just unacceptable with what this community deserves and respects, just shoving people out of the TP and telling to play elsewhere won't do much, in my opinion.

BobitoZ    0

I truly never understood the "I'm bored, or, sorry, I was bored" excuse.

There is always something for me to be going in the game and if not. I LOG OFF.

It's not our job to make you "un-bored." Figure it out.

Some people lately have been coming up to me saying things like, you must be bored standing there. Or, wow that looks boring to be a Free Medic. If it was to me I would not be doing it.

Aundre    0

I understand that they may get 'bored' in TP. Just if you see other people doing such FailRP doesn't mean you can. For example people can abuse the new commands (/dance, /scream, etc). These commands I believe are only to be used such as you're being tortured, or at a 'party' with buddy's/clan mates.

Muntz    3

I understand that they may get 'bored' in TP. Just if you see other people doing such FailRP doesn't mean you can. For example people can abuse the new commands (/dance, /scream, etc). These commands I believe are only to be used such as you're being tortured, or at a 'party' with buddy's/clan mates.

From my understanding, these commands will be removed with the next patch in favour of a new animation menu. In the meantime, if you see someone abusing them, make a report. Once brought to our attention, it is quite easy for us to find the abuse as the logs record each time a command is made.

I would have fucking shot them and the reported them.

Then you would possibly receive a ban along with the troll. The best thing to do in this case is to try to contact staff/CTC on TS and get them to handle it. If that is not an option; record, try to get their name and report. We do not condone non-staff making a judgement and taking it into their own hands. This will only lead to complications and further rulebreaks. I understand the frustration, but we still need to follow the outlined procedures.

Well, if this keeps happening, you may have to let some non-staff take control and shoot the fucker in the face. well, if the admin can't get on. you should be able to be allowed to kill the person if the admin/gm says so. cuz what if it's 3 am and no admins or gms are on.. what do you do?

Muntz    3

Well, if this keeps happening, you may have to let some non-staff take control and shoot the fucker in the face. well, if the admin can't get on. cuz what if it's 3 am and no admins or gms are on.. what do you do?

I'll quote the my previous post (which you quoted and responded to) as it actually provides the answer:

If that is not an option; record, try to get their name and report. We do not condone non-staff making a judgement and taking it into their own hands. This will only lead to complications and further rulebreaks. I understand the frustration, but we still need to follow the outlined procedures.

To elaborate: Surely you can understand that allowing the general community to 'take the law into their own hands' will only end badly? Who sets the boundaries? How can we ensure it won't be abused? What about borderline cases? There are too many variables to allow others that sort of responsibility without moderation.

you should be able to be allowed to kill the person if the admin/gm says so.

Of course; if you have permission from a staff member, then go for it.

Carved_    7

you should be able to be allowed to kill the person if the admin/gm says so. cuz what if it's 3 am and no admins or gms are on.. what do you do?

If no Admins are Online, who is allowing you to Kill people?

they would need to check how trollish the behavior is themselfs., meaning for them to log in, and then they can do it themselfs.

Makes no sense bra

Simple thing to do is if there are no staff available is to record and report. They will be dealt with. Just make sure to try and get their name.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Remove TP pls.

Remove TP pls.