Server time: 2017-08-18, 23:41

Sign in to follow this  
Roofcake

Game freezing.

Question

Roofcake    1

Question/Problem: When I go to join the game, I can play for 2-3 minutes and that broken yellow chain appears. When that happens, my screen just freezes, but I can still hear audio. If I wait for a couple of minutes, it just says connection lost and kicks me back to menu.

Is the problem on the Mod or Standalone: Mod.

Does this problem occur on other public DayZ/ArmA/SA servers as well: Not that I know of.

How long have you had this problem: Since the past 3 hours or so.

What have you done to fix this already: I tried Alt.+Tab. out of game, but it still just sits there. The only way I can actually make it stop is by pressing Ctrl.+Alt.+Delete, and then clicking sign out. I had OBS running and recording, so I shut that down, but it still didn't fix the issue.

7 answers to this question

Dave    1

Like said above whats your ping and what is your internet connection like?

Roofcake    1

What is your ping to the server?

340, and that's pretty high for me. At the moment, I also do have Chrome and Task Manager open.

Like said above whats your ping and what is your internet connection like?

Connection is fine. Everything else is running smoothly.

Alright well your ping won't be helping the problem.In addition this sounds like a problem I ran into a few weeks back and the solution was that I didn't have enough ram seems weird I had 4gb at the time now I have more also go to steam and verify your files for arma. I hope this helps you fix your problem if not, I think it's your Internet.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Just a tip before this gets closed. When you get yellow/red chain look at the ground. This reduces the amount of packets being sent by the server (as there is less to render) and I believe, dont quote me i could be wrong, that this will get rid of the chain quicker than going ahead and continuing playing. So just look at the ground for 10 seconds or so.

Going to mark as solved but leave it open, just in case the problem re-occurs.