Server time: 2017-10-18, 14:36
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Burgz

OFFICIAL WATCHDOGS THREAD

Burgz    6

Well, I bought it, even after being told it was quite disappointing and I'm confused. Maybe it's because I didn't care too much about the trailer and didn't follow the hype train etc. but in no way am I disappointed. I love the game and the driving is just...fucking insane.

Feel free to share screenshots, videos and your thought on the game below.

[video=youtube]

This is the trailer for the game in case you haven't seen it and it currently costs roughly £30 from G2A using a discount code.

This is what happened to me on a recent fixer mission. cry errytime.

XnLsoOq.jpg

I saw Daniel made a thread but, it was just the trailer and extremely old so I felt like making an 'Official' one :P

Red    241

I played a tiny bit. It seems pretty cool.

I am noticing that the PC port is kind of crappy. I'm getting frame issues. Something that shouldn't be happening on my rig. Kotaku reported something like this a couple of days ago though. Hope they fix it.

Whitefur    4

I pirated it (I can't be asked to pay for something I probably wouldn't like anyways) and just like expected I didn't really like it. The graphics are quite bad for what it is. Sunlight sometimes becomes a bit of white blur when the game detects my CPU is loaded down. Texture quality is only good on the player character and the difference between the PC and the rest of the world is noticeable.

I was hoping to use hacking as a way to stealth, but at this point there really isn't a reason. A huge problem is the fact that Watch Dogs likes to waste time waiting for enemy AI to move, and the explosion radius on a lot of hacks is surprisingly weak. Therefore I just go in with my AK and shoot them all because it wastes my time doing anything else. The police are actually easier to dump then the gang members by a long shot.

Finally, I don't think anyone could like Aiden. He is pretty much Niko Bellic on the terms of how the plot is set up and how the player acts. The game tries to present him as a person who tries to end things with as little violence as possible, and he does quite a bit of heroic acts. The problem being a lot of missions have him helping crime lords, and it doesn't really add much. Also look at the sheer number of people he kills across the game. You can't progress unless you kill every enemy in a lot of areas.

Maybe I'm nitpicking, buts it certainly is not a game I would actually pay for.

Hatch    0

This man revolted to crime because of his troubling times:

v86XOxs.jpg

Screenshot I took while on a mission :P

I only have 1 real issue with it so far, and that is when you crash your car and pretty much nothing happens to you, like you barely even slow down after a head on collision.

Granted, I have only played the first mission then free roamed and killed anyone who had a previous serious criminal offence while shouting "I AM THE LAW"

Reacher    2

I really like it. No real complaints, other than lack of activities in online free-roam with buddies.

Burgz    6

I only have 1 real issue with it so far, and that is when you crash your car and pretty much nothing happens to you, like you barely even slow down after a head on collision.

Granted, I have only played the first mission then free roamed and killed anyone who had a previous serious criminal offence while shouting "I AM THE LAW"

I also dislike it, the driving is immense and beautiful to do. But the damage to cars is unreal, like literally, 7/8 head-on collisions to blow it up.

enar21    1

I have played maybe three missions or so and I must say it's very much like Assasins creed. The character movement and the graphics are basically the same as ac4 except you cant be a ninja in watch dogs. I like the chase system where you run through stores and every little detail of how the traffic hack and such affects the city. The profiler is amazing due to the fact that they specified the civilians more. The car psychics is really bad tbh. It reminds me of mafia 2 car psychics a lot. The graphics is still amazing and I get pretty nice fps with nvidia 660 ti and high settings :)

A small little issue is the mouse sens. The menu sensititvity is different and really high even though you have the sens low. The mouse sens when you look around your character is very "accelerated" and is just bad. More configuration for the mouse sensitivity please.

Anyways I really like the game and the story seems nice :)

This man revolted to crime because of his troubling times:

v86XOxs.jpg

Screenshot I took while on a mission :P

Good that you killed that bastard ! >:(

Burgz    6

QHl3ofd.jpg

You can't hijack boats like you can cars, this woman refused to get out of her seat so I repeatedly ran at her and then she died or some shit? I don't know.

no proof? :troll:

Tomeran    3

"Finished" the game recently. The whole experience has been a bit of a rollercoaster between bliss and "meh".

The story's kinda shite(or at least subpar) unfortunetly, and that's usually a very important factor for me in these kinda games. Obviously I wont go into any details there or why I think its shite.

The gameplay is fun enough to prevent the game from being a disaster.

5/10 or such I guess.

Was never really aboard the hypetrain either, it seemed like the concept of the game could interest me(GTA and AC had a lovechild) so I tried it out.

I got a fair bit of gameplay out of it so I suppose it was worth the money, more or less.

Factoring in the spider tank digital trip, maybe I could raise it to a 6/10. Maybe. :D

Burgz    6

#feedback

Why you finish it so fast?!?! You gotta drag it out man, that's how you enjoy these games. Drifting round corners at over 100 just for the shits and gigs, preventing crimes left right and centre. I like to only use the silenced pistol for a lot of the missions as well, just because it looks cool and shit.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Finished the game on Friday, was pleased with it and I am going to try to get 100% completion - 56% at the moment, I really liked the game.

Tomeran    3

#feedback

Why you finish it so fast?!?! You gotta drag it out man, that's how you enjoy these games. Drifting round corners at over 100 just for the shits and gigs, preventing crimes left right and centre. I like to only use the silenced pistol for a lot of the missions as well, just because it looks cool and shit.

Fast? :D I've done almost every side mission and side quest there is. Although I did get the game on day one.

And yeah I used the silenced pistol most of the time. Except when I got bored and just stomped down the door with the LMG and gunned everyone and their cat to pieces.

Dont get me wrong, the game has some interesting effects and mechanics. But eventually it looses its charm. And couple that with a story that simply put failed to engage me, I cannot with a good conscience give it more then a 6/10.

One of those points is squarly because of the spider tank digital trip. That thing was fun as hell.

Bianco    0

I bought the game not following the hype, or even hearing about all the disappointed people there were. With that being said, when I did hear about it I tried to be unbiased. I'll be rating everything individually first, in order to make things more accurate. (XBOX 360 VERSION)

Level Design/Accuracy 6/10 - As a person who lives in Chicago, I have to say I was excited there was a game that took place in the city. With that being said, I was sometimes disappointed that they went through the effort to make some places true to real life, while not placing them in the proper locations, or making buildings that don't exist despite the fact that they seemed to have spent some time on the details in some parts of the city. In other words, it seems like lazy/poor level design at times, but that is up for debate. At the same time, the places that they did correctly were done quite well.

Gameplay (Glitches, FPS, Etc.) 7/10 - For about the first half hour I experienced little to no glitches, but then ran into a few of them. One of them being when you place a waypoint to go to a potential crime, it ends immediately and says "unjustified homicide" or something along those lines, which in game drastically lower your reputation if you are trying to play as a hero. That is another gripe I have with the game, the morality meter. While it makes sense, it doesn't always warrant it or is straight up annoying. I tried playing the hero, but when chasing someone who calls for backup, i end up getting forced into running over multiple civs and losing rep, and take an hour to gain it all back. FPS was fine, although choppy once and a while. gunplay was awkward and annoying most of the time because you cannot blindfire, or you end up accidentally shooting a civilian. You also cannot shoot out of cars which is a huge pain in the ass, and makes convoy missions annoying.

Graphics 5/10 - Depending on what system you play on, the graphics are far out of date for a next gen game in development for five years. For whatever reason, when you ram into things you get no scratches, or scratches in the wrong place on your car which again seems like a poor design. Civilians spawn not far from where you are so it makes a render distance of 12 feet for civilian AI. Another thing I found odd was the lack of blood splatter... despite having bullet wounds that show. When you shoot anyone in game, no blood splatters. Although if you shoot them and the bullet goes through, it will show on the floor/wall and on the body. not exactly major, but it is noticeable.

Story 7.5/10 - Like I stated earlier, I live in Chicago. The story and side missions are very relate-able because of the gang violence and crime that goes on in the city, represented in the game. Aiden Pierce, the main character is only sometimes relate-able. It is hard to tell if he is meant to be a hero at times, despite the way the game tries to make him out to be one. He is more of an anti-hero if anything. The best comparison I can make to him is Oliver Queen, A.K.A "the Vigilante" from the CW series "Arrow", since they seem to share a lot of traits and in a way, the same character. He is made out to be a terrorist along with "Deadsec", and is viewed and reported on differently depending on whether you chose the good or bad route. Aiden seems to be a callous hard-ass at times which makes him hard to like, while the developers do give him a few moments where you just feel sorry for him. The hacking is cool and all but gets old after playing for a few hours, because it sort of gets repetitive in some situations.

Conclusion 7/10 - Watch Dogs definitely has its moments, but can lose its charm quickly. I enjoyed the game but was disappointed with several aspects of it, mostly because of how long it was supposedly in development for five years, and delayed not long ago for some reason. I really think they should have worked on it more, but hopefully it is updated a bit in the future. Is it Assassin's Creed or GTA? No, it isn't. The main characters in all three are drastically different, and the gameplay is to varied to compare them to one another. It is worth the money if you enjoy hacking and vigilantism, but I would recommend waiting until it is onsale.

Hex    31

Bought the game, installed it.....cant run it apparently because my computer doesnt have the directX 11 runtime.....even though my computer runs directX 11......thats about my experience with Watch dogs

Mailamea    0

The story didn't have enough impact to grip someone. Well at least for me. Optimization at worst, lucky ubisoft is rolling in with an Optimization patch.

enar21    1

Check out this sexy car I found today! Remind me of an aventador :o

HJOkmHw.jpg?1

d325Nmh.jpg?1

Besphynx    0

HJOkmHw.jpg?1

d325Nmh.jpg?1

Then you realise you can not store it anywhere and will most likely have to pay $50,000 to have it back for 15 minutes before the next mission :P

enar21    1

HJOkmHw.jpg?1

d325Nmh.jpg?1

Then you realise you can not store it anywhere and will most likely have to pay $50,000 to have it back for 15 minutes before the next mission :P

Fuck this.

Cheat engine time.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

haven't watched a single dog! I'm dissapointed

:troll:

Besphynx    0

HJOkmHw.jpg?1

d325Nmh.jpg?1

Fuck this.

Cheat engine time.

Best not have it running while joining the server otherwise you is gonna get banned and you aint ever coming back :P

I've played it a bit and so far I have to say that my whole experience with it has literally just been "Meh" and for a game that had as much hype surrounding it like this did is truly disappointing.

While some parts so far have given me a slight chuckle and a few moments of enjoyment I just cant get away from how bland the game seems to feel, if it wasn't for the whole "oh lets see what this person does in the privacy of there own homes" then the world (as gorgeous as it is) is completely bland and uninteresting.

I Don't know if I'm just a little let down by all the hype that circulated around it or if I'm just missing what everyone else seems to be enjoying.

kladetto    0

The over hype that was associated with this game definitely put a damper on my original enjoyment on the game because it really did not deliver in most of the areas that it said it would.

However I personally have had a ton of fun playing this game as it is right now and I really enjoy it. I feel that if you look past what it was expected to be and what it really came out as (Fuck you Ubisoft for making me expect so much) it's a solid and enjoyable game. It's not just an A+ Game of the Year contender that Ubisoft made it out to be.

On the other hand. Wolfenstein is fucking amazing. I'm playing through that right now.

Reacher    2

-snip-

You can purchase the car once, then you get it free every time you order it from that point on.

Proxzor    3

This game was just awful. The optimization was absolutely terrible, the concept was great but they just ruined it. Perhaps the game was overhyped, I suppose I had fun for the 20 hours it took me to complete the game, but I just expected a hell of a lot more. The story was interesting, in the first few hours I thought it had the potential to go anywhere, and then just completely ruined it with too many dumb plotholes that doesn't make sense and made the story a huge disappointment. Shame, hoped it was better than this.