Server time: 2017-08-22, 01:53

Sign in to follow this  
Guest electrickapple01

Whitelist sent!

Guest electrickapple01   
Guest electrickapple01

Hope to be joining you guys soon! I heard I needed to make a simple post. Here's my backstory:

My name is Joseph ("Gunny") Rivera, turning 36 this Halloween.Originally born in the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico, I was mostly raised in Northern Virginia after my father received orders to be stationed in Washington DC to strictly work in the Pentagon. Enlisted in the marines straight out of high school, I reached the rank of Gunnery Sergeant specializing myself in the medical field. After 18 loyal years I was honorably discharge after a serious gunshot wound that paralyzed most of my left arm.

So how did a damn marine end up in this Shithole? Well it was mostly her idea.... Rebecca...my beloved wife. It wasn't a god damn honeymoon, we decided to move here mostly because of a job opportunity. I did what a husband has to do, I packed my bags and headed for Chernarus in a heartbeat. So we began a new life in the beautiful coastal town of Balota. It went well, I found myself a job, a local gunsmith, providing legal firearms and rifles to the people of Chernarus. We fell more in love, and so we decided to have a family. Joseph Jr., my baby....boy. Should be only 3 years old by now....

So the night before his first day of school I read a short little bedtime story, Where the Wild Things Are. The next day he headed to school in his little car seat in the back of my wife's gray sedan... I waved goodbye from our porch... didn't know it meant for so long. The outbreak happened. Its been already 3 desperate months of searching. I met these two police officers, John Rickmen and Ryan McGinley. For so long they've helped me look for family, but they are also looking for their own... I can only imagine, think, dream, and wonder of their my family's safety. And I am still hopeful that they are still out there.

Rick    19

Welcome to the server :)

Heads up, it's been about 2 years since the outbreak, not three months. Not sure you'll want to RP with your character having a paralyzed arm, because arma physics kind of prevent this with gun holding and car driving. If you really want to go deep into your back story, it would be good to expand on what happened after you waved goodbye, you just jump to the fact that your searching for them; leaves a lot of room for more detail if you wanted to.

GL with the white list!

SatansNightOut    105

Not a bad background, overall--though this may have worked better in the Roleplaying section. ^_^

Just a heads-up, though: Everyone and their mama RPs as military of some sort. :P

Whitefur    4

No offense, but shouldn't this be moved to introductions?

Anyways good luck doing soldier thingz

Moving to introductions and farewells.

Welcome!

Samaritan    254

Hello and welcome to the community, all the best with your application!

(Little hint, make sure you have read DayZRP lore before you write an application)