Server time: 2017-10-17, 00:25
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Besphynx

DayZRP using Illegal software?

Besphynx    0

So, as you know DayZRP is now using infiSTAR, and guess what. It scans your files, and is a keylogger.

So, I want to know where I signed up for having my files scanned and for my keys to be logged.

Also I find it dodgy how they are using hacking software to find hackers?

I just want to find out why they would use the software and why they thought it was a good idea to use it.

Could I get some answers from Staff please?

It would also be nice to hear the communities opinion on this.

Mikachu    26

We have used it for a long long time.

It is not a keylogger.

It says when you log in that it scanned for files and you click ok.

Why is this suddenly an issue after months of it not being?

Toorrik    4

You know that's what the government does right? You know they are having trouble employing hackers that don't smoke weed. To stop hacking, you yourself have to know how the hacks work. Then you can find a way to stop them.

Its also only an issue to you and you only care when Scarecrow gets denied I see?

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

About using hacking software to find hackers simple answer. Fight fire with fire.

enar21    1

The new system is fucked.

They have crossed a line where they ban innocent people.

If this is true what you say I will... I don't know but this system sucks

Akbar    0

About using hacking software to find hackers simple answer. Fight fire with fire.

Mikachu    26

It isn't a new system. It's the exact same antihack we have been running for months.

Name one innocent person who has been banned and denied appeal?

enar21    1

You know that's what the government does right? You know they are having trouble employing hackers that don't smoke weed. To stop hacking, you yourself have to know how the hacks work. Then you can find a way to stop them.

Its also only an issue to you and you only care when Scarecrow gets denied I see?

Have you checked the ban appeals the last week when you guys implemented the new system?

Show us an example of "undeniable" evidence please

Herr    0

Have you checked the ban appeals the last week when you guys implemented the new system?

You must be joking? Showing people evidence will allow hackers to bypass it.

Mikachu    26

That is up to an admin if they wish to do so but each time an appeal is denied with irrefutable evidence it is true. It literally tells us exactly what script a person has and is banned for.

enar21    1

It isn't a new system. It's the exact same antihack we have been running for months.

How would I know exactly who if I cant see evidence?

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Not the first time DayZRP mod is accused of keylogger etc

IMO, as said, you gotta be a hacker to get the hackers, you gotta know how they work and what they use, to stop them. It seems the best solution.

Toorrik    4

So, as you know DayZRP is now using infiSTAR, and guess what. It scans your files, and is a keylogger.

We've used infiSTAR for months btw.

Oh fyi, Every program has this.

Windows scans your PC for Hacks against Windows Programs.

World of Warcraft scans your Warcraft files for Hacks against Warcraft.

Battlefield does it aswell.

BATTLEYE DOES IT AND YOU USE THAT EVERY DAY.

EVERY Program does it.

Its not a full on key logger, it scans certain keys that the infiSTAR programmers know are used for known hacks, that is it.

Thumper    0

Do you own research on infiSTAR and how it works before you and the OP spout nonsense.

Besphynx    0

King maybe? He donated over £500 to the server, why in his right mind would he hack? Also what is the reason with all these "False Positives". Just seems to me the system is fucked if that many people get banned and un banned and you just do not want to admit that the program is fucked.

Also what is with the reason for not stating a simple thing like "used ESP, Used TP, Used Spawn Gear, Used Godmode?" It helps people understand what they did but instead you just get the "We have undeniable evidence that no one is allowed to see"

Also, how is it not a keylogger? Ever time I press the F1 key it logs it and puts it into the log. So how is that not a Keylogger? :/

Because recently a lot of people have been banned, sometimes not deservingly. And I guess because people, including me, didn't know infiSTAR is being used and that files are being scanned.

That's not to say I have any particular comments or complaints to make. I'm merely explaining what might've caused this sudden interest. I don't think it should come as a surprise. :)

Reassure the community, explain what needs to be explained and let everyone get used to it. As with anything new (perhaps not new to you, but to us indeed), questions will be asked.

Hatch    0

It's not only DayZRP, this anti-hack is also used on most DayZ servers.

Toorrik    4

Sure, lets release to the public exactly the names of what the programs and scripts are called and then the cheaters can modify the script so its not found any more. Don't be silly.

You think something scanning your ArmA directory for hacks is illegal? Even ArmA scans your ArmA directory for files, is it suddenly illegal?

12651fe1121bab9e188ddc0053e6b14b.jpg

Mikachu    26

EVERY Program does it.

Its not a full on key logger, it scans certain keys that the infiSTAR programmers know are used for known hacks, that is it.

To be a bit more explicit -

It scans your PID for ban purposes - just like the website does for bans and donation skins.

Other than that it only scans for known scripts/program's which are used to hack DayZ.

Because recently a lot of people have been banned, sometimes not deservingly. And I guess because people, including me, didn't know infiSTAR is being used and that files are being scanned.

That's not to say I have any particular comments or complaints to make. I'm merely explaining what might've caused this sudden interest. I don't think it should come as a surprise. :)

Reassure the community, explain what needs to be explained and let everyone get used to it. As with anything new (perhaps not new to you, but to us indeed), questions will be asked.

I don't understand how people didn't know this? It literally makes you click ok to having your stuff scanned every time you connect to the server.

Mr Gingee    2

EVERY Program does it.

To be a bit more explicit -

It scans your PID for ban purposes - just like the website does for bans and donation skins.

Other than that it only scans for known scripts/program's which are used to hack DayZ.

I don't understand how people didn't know this? It literally makes you click ok to having your stuff scanned every time you connect to the server.

I usually just click the 'Ok' without reading. But either way, people should just know that hacks are a big no.

Valkerion    0

Well in my opinion il pull out two names as of recent times:

King

Scarecrow

King:

Now first things first i dont even like this guy nor did i really know him but you're telling me a guy that sunk as much money into the server as he did and was actively running for staff would throw that away for some scripts....I find that hard to believe personally he never seems to do anything for his random ban one day that would make him stand out as a hacker...

Scarecrow:

Now this one is my friend so expect a bit of bias but honestly scripting/hacks? the guy was "S.H.I.T" at Arma....blind as bat in firefights , only good gear came from ISOA members or trades at the tradepost ,dies all the time....what kind of hack was he using? because it clearly wasnt very beneficial too him...which is why i find it very difficult to believe he was doing anything.

And the reason this has suddenly become an issue now is...well u until the last week iv seen maybe 1 or 2 people banned outright for hacking...then suddenly come this week multiple members are just suddenly perm'd...

BobitoZ    0

We have used it for a long long time.

It is not a keylogger.

It says when you log in that it scanned for files and you click ok.

It's something we at least need to be notified about.

the US was spying on everyone and everything, and it suddenly became an issue after they were exposed.

Informative information would quell hearsay and conjecture.