Server time: 2017-08-18, 01:31

Sign in to follow this  
Spike9

~key is now a un-usable key?

Question

Spike9    1

So to start off I used this key for quite some time, and did until an anti-hack alert pop up showed up.

I used it for TS mic mute hotkey.

I also found out that it us the same for all of the F1-F12 keys

now I understand the need to stop hackers and all that but don't you think the flash on the game would alert them?

then make the hacker just make the hacking hot key to another key?

I am only speaking hypothetical here.

Hacker A just got on the server, he then used ~key to start the hacks, screen flashes, don't use that key it is linked to hackers!

Hacker A then Re-keybinds all his hacks to non alert keys.

would it not work better to have a secret log only seen by admins that keep a tally of the uses of the "hacker keys" ? then investigate that suspect player?

I just think the option to track possible hackers without them knowing it works better than a "don't use that key" flag popping up.

I like the idea of someone using the "hacker hot keys" no warning then an admin ghosting there every action and busting them approach more than any warning to the possible hacker.

(ps: did not know if I should put this in questions or General Discussion? so I placed it in this one.)

6 answers to this question

Oldman    22

Maybe the admin team wants hackers to rebind their key and see them using it a lot?

Toorrik    4

I don't think its our call as its part of the Anti hack update. We will have the keybinding issues fixed next patch regardless.

Spike9    1

with the new Anti hack update i am seeing a ton of people getting pegged with bans from Script bans.

now i do not know if they are hacking or not. seems about 50\50 from what i have been reading.

what in the world is going on with the new Anti hack update?

could other mods from things like dayz commander be getting flagged?

just curious.

i ask only because of mods like ARMA/Dayz Hunger Games like mods. were if you host for you and friends may have some odd scripts in it.

(reason i picked that one is it is a odd ball mod with random scripts in it)

Mush    2

with the new Anti hack update i am seeing a ton of people getting pegged with bans from Script bans.

now i do not know if they are hacking or not. seems about 50\50 from what i have been reading.

just curious.

i ask only because of mods like ARMA/Dayz Hunger Games like mods. were if you host for you and friends may have some odd scripts in it.

The new anti-hack is simply catching more people. It's better at doing it's job compared to the old one.

Answer:: `/~/F1/F2 etc. are keys that are commonly used by hack scripts and what not. The new anti-hack (out of our control) has made flashes on the screen and what not. This will be removed next patch (the visible problems, flashes and small boxes).

Spike9    1

just curious.

The new anti-hack is simply catching more people. It's better at doing it's job compared to the old one.

Answer:: `/~/F1/F2 etc. are keys that are commonly used by hack scripts and what not. The new anti-hack (out of our control) has made flashes on the screen and what not. This will be removed next patch (the visible problems, flashes and small boxes).

So, silly question, Can we use the ~key? or will it result in a ban?

and after next patch can we use the ~key?

Mush    2

just curious.

So, silly question, Can we use the ~key? or will it result in a ban?

and after next patch can we use the ~key?

You can use any key you wish. All my TS3 keys are part of the new anti-hack "watchlist". I use ` to speak, F1 & F2 to mute. Nothing will happen if you use the keys. :)