Server time: 2017-10-21, 08:43
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Press

Trade Post Parking

Question

Press    1

Quick question about this - If a player parks a vehicle of any kind at the trade post, obviously stealing it isn't above board as the rules clearly state that you can't steal people's possessions when you're there. I just haven't been to the TP yet, but I was planning on going either tonight or this weekend, and I wanted to know if you park something there... can you leave it there when you log out? Is the vehicle considered to be "safe" once it's parked at the TP, or once we log out are those vehicles considered to be "abandoned" and therefore free game for other players?

8 answers to this question

If left long enough Ctc may let other people take it. If your logging you should stash it.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

If it is left more than 2 hours AFAIK it is free-game and CTC can claim it and "impound" it.

Basically destroy it.

IAmJackBandit    80

Quick question about this - If a player parks a vehicle of any kind at the trade post, obviously stealing it isn't above board as the rules clearly state that you can't steal people's possessions when you're there. I just haven't been to the TP yet, but I was planning on going either tonight or this weekend, and I wanted to know if you park something there... can you leave it there when you log out? Is the vehicle considered to be "safe" once it's parked at the TP, or once we log out are those vehicles considered to be "abandoned" and therefore free game for other players?

The TP is not a park garage, no one should be logging out leaving their vehicles theirs because the CTC will confiscate them and/or give them out. If you are going to log off you should hide your vehicle somewhere and then log out

Jamma    4

The TP is not a park garage, no one should be logging out leaving their vehicles theirs because the CTC will confiscate them and/or give them out. If you are going to log off you should hide your vehicle somewhere and then log out

However you can leave them there and ask the CTC to guard them temporarily. Not saying that they 100% will though. We had a tractor that we didn't want to take with us, as it was too slow, we asked if we could leave it in their guarded military compound. We went out to pick some people up and the CTC guarded it for about an hour or so.

Press    1

Awesome. Thanks for the prompt replies guys.

Makes total sense. CTC can't be expected to act as parking attendants. I was just wondering if the lot had some kind of long-term enclosed parking feature, but something like that would likely require the sort of structures with locks you can only put up in Epoch.

Cheers.

IAmJackBandit    80

However you can leave them there and ask the CTC to guard them temporarily. Not saying that they 100% will though. We had a tractor that we didn't want to take with us, as it was too slow, we asked if we could leave it in their guarded military compound. We went out to pick some people up and the CTC guarded it for about an hour or so.

Yeah but you shouldn't be logging off...

Mush    2

Hi Press.

I'm in CTC, and on restart, we will usually destroy vehicles that are left in the Trade Post or we will impound them and keep them for a while.

Answer: No, don't leave your car in there when you log out. It will be impounded by the CTC and perhaps destroyed.

/Solved.