Server time: 2017-10-21, 03:25
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Dax

Recent Anti Hack bans

Dax    116

So I thought I would clear up some of the recent whispers and what not concerning bans and the new antihack system.

All bans for scripting are automatic, You can be banned for having scripts on your PC even if they aren't actually running. (After all why have hax if your not going to hack right?). The things that people are being banned for are known scripts/cheats/exploits. There is absolutely no way that these are false positives as they cannot mysteriously get there unless put there by the user.

To Date we have had 3 instances of people being banned for questionable reasons, 2 of these have been unbanned after further research.

If anyone has any questions about this please feel free to post them here and we will deal with them.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I guess this clears some stuff up for people who aren't in contact with staff/those who were banned, but surely if someone has Cheat Engine as an example they might use it for example; Civilisation V, to do research on strategies etc. why would they be automatically banned if they don't have the cheat open? It might be on their PC but it doesn't mean they will actively use it on DayZ...

But only 3 people is a small number so the Anti-Hack can't be affecting too many people.

Toorrik    4

I think the Antihack will only ban them if they have the Civ 5 Cheats currently Open and running if I am not mistaken.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I think the Antihack will only ban them if they have the Civ 5 Cheats currently Open and running if I am not mistaken.

You can be banned for having scripts on your PC even if they aren't actually running.

I presumed you get banned if it was just installed because of what Dax said here.

Ancalagon    0

Yeah does that mean DayZRPs Anti-hack-system is searching my computer for not running hacks o_O

Just hope this system doesn't takes mods or programs for Minecraft/CUbeworld/Other shit as hacks... Sorry but not every memory editor or program which looks into running games are hacks for Arma.

F.e. Cubeworld, failed Indie game, but there were tons of Items, mounts ect which you could only access by editing already owned items, replacing them with the unavaileble ones.

enar21    1

I was thinking about opening a thread on this new anti hack system.

3? I think it's been more than that in this recent week. I personally think the new anti hack has been ridiculous. It's been a lot of bans and 70% have been unbanned. I think the new system is way too sensitive and I saw a guy get banned for accidentaly pressing the "forbidden key"

Toorrik    4

You can be banned for having scripts on your PC even if they aren't actually running.

I presumed you get banned if it was just installed because of what Dax said here.

Ah quite possibly. I think Dax was referring to you having Scripts in your ARMA folder. I used to know of people that had Anno Cheats / Civ Cheats and didn't get banned but then Did get banned if they had them running while playing RP.

I saw a guy get banned for accidentaly pressing the "forbidden key"

This does not happen unless him pressing that key specifically activated the cheats he was using.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

Hope I'm not gonna get banned for "motherlode" in Sims

On a serious note, the "forbidden buttons", like "~", are not a reason of banning, right?

Edit: previous post cleared it up, was too slow

Burgz    6

3? I think it's been more than that in this recent week. I personally think the new anti hack has been ridiculous. It's been a lot of bans and 70% have been unbanned. I think the new system is way too sensitive and I saw a guy get banned for accidentaly pressing the "forbidden key"

I don't think he was banned for that.

I was previously suspected of hacking, im sure Dax, thumper, sin, and gina remember this. All i can say is that they always make the right decision. On the contrary to what many believe, they dont look at how to keep you banned, they look at how to get you UNbanned. Im sure eventually this will be straightened out. Also, thank you Dax for clearing this stuff up.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

3? I think it's been more than that in this recent week. It's been a lot of bans and 70% have been unbanned.

What? He says only 3 for "questionable" reasons, all others are legit and were actively hacking. The new anti-hack has done a lot to remove cheaters from the community. And 2 out of the 3 have been unbanned.

2/3 = 66% anyway, so it's fairly obvious that those who were banned for questionable reasons aren't always innocent.

Mavasaur    0
There is absolutely no way that these are false positives as they cannot mysteriously get there unless put there by the user.

To Date we have had 3 instances of people being banned for questionable reasons' date=' 2 of these have been unbanned after further research.[/b']

Uh, what?

Phatal    50

3? I think it's been more than that in this recent week. It's been a lot of bans and 70% have been unbanned.

What? He says only 3 for "questionable" reasons, all others are legit and were actively hacking. The new anti-hack has done a lot to remove cheaters from the community. And 2 out of the 3 have been unbanned.

2/3 = 66% anyway, so it's fairly obvious that those who were banned for questionable reasons aren't always innocent.

I still think this system is very sensitive. While, yes it is banning the people it needs to ban... I feel that it keeps banning people who are quality members to the community. I don't understand why someone would spend a lot of time in game and out of game as well as donate to the community and then get banned for using scripts.

IAmJackBandit    80

Okay the 2/3 that were unbanned, may I ask what mistakes were made because clearly something went wrong with the system

Dax    116

Please tell me where you get your figures from ??? yes we have banned more than 3 but as I stated that only 3 of those were "questionable" 70% unbanned yes but that's 2 out of 3.

Absolutely NO ONE has been banned for pressing the "forbidden keys" This is incorrect information and who ever told you is wrong

Red    247

I think it's just best to avoid using cheats altogether. Systems like Punkbuster are very sensitive to begin with.

Having cheats on your computer is already taking a risk, whether you are intending to use it on Arma or not.

My advice would be to just not use them, or IF you REALLY REALLY want to, do it on a separate computer or keep them on a USB flash drive and plug them out when you're not using them.

Monty    0

Can someone clarify what they mean by 'scripting'? Writing scripts for both singleplayer and multiplayer missions is required when creating more complex missions. So if someone was a competent mission maker who wrote scripts for their missions does that put them at risk? Or is it something different entirely?

Diggy    0

Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering why all of a sudden people were getting dropped like flies.

Dax    116

but surely if someone has Cheat Engine as an example they might use it for example; Civilisation V, to do research on strategies etc. why would they be automatically banned if they don't have the cheat open? It might be on their PC but it doesn't mean they will actively use it on DayZ...

Let me set things right with this, You can have cheat engine installed on your PC that's fine we will never ever ban you for this as we cant stop you from having software on your PC that you want to.

We WILL however ban you in a heartbeat if you load into our server whilst having cheat engine open and running at the same time. The rationale for this is if its open then you could be attempting to script within our servers, However this is an extremely outdated way of hacking in dayz as it is now almost impossible to do it without being detected. Also this would be handled by BE as a #32 incidence not by our own AH.

Can someone clarify what they mean by 'scripting'? Writing scripts for both singleplayer and multiplayer missions is required when creating more complex missions. So if someone was a competent mission maker who wrote scripts for their missions does that put them at risk? Or is it something different entirely?

This will in no way get you banned from our servers, All script bans are for Known hack scripts, not random things users have created.

enar21    1

Please tell me where you get your figures from ??? yes we have banned more than 3 but as I stated that only 3 of those were "questionable" 70% unbanned yes but that's 2 out of 3.

Absolutely NO ONE has been banned for pressing the "forbidden keys" This is incorrect information and who ever told you is wrong

As I wrote yes, 70 %. I read wrong when it was questionable and not in total.

As for the forbidden key press. These guys got unbanned but those two (I think) wrote that the only thing they could think of is pressing that button. What other explanation would it be to ban someone who never hacked than banning him for pressing that button? As I'm not an admin and cant see these logs what's the explanation you gave these guys? Why were they banned unlegit if this system is so safe?

Thumper    0

As for the forbidden key press. These guys got unbanned but those two (I think) wrote that the only thing they could think of is pressing that button. What other explanation would it be to ban someone who never hacked than banning him for pressing that button? As I'm not an admin and cant see these logs what's the explanation you gave these guys? Why were they banned unlegit if this system is so safe?

The system doesn't ban you. We do it manually. If you are pressing these 'forbidden' buttons, you are fine. People are getting permabanned for something completely unrelated and definite hacks.

The ones we recently unbanned were do to false positives related to the updated anti-hack.

Diggy    0

The system doesn't ban you. We do it manually. If you are pressing these 'forbidden' buttons, you are fine. People are getting permabanned for something completely unrelated and definite hacks.

The ones we recently unbanned were do to false positives related to the updated anti-hack.

Right, so how is this supposed to reassure us? I know it only happened two times, but that happened pretty quick for it only recently being updated. How can we feel safe from this happening if two people have already been falsely permabanned for it? Have you guys figured out what made it a false positive? I would hate to see more people have to go through this huge process just to find out they did nothing wrong.

Oldman    22

Don't have a file called esp.pbo in your folder. That is how hacking works right? :)

In all seriousness, calm down a bit. The anti-hack works and almost all dayz servers that are popular use them. If you get caught the staff can easily check for what you got caught for. A lot of hacks are known an common as soon as the anti hack has caught up to them. Then hackers create a new one and the anti-hack updates and 'boom' a couple of more people are caught.

If this server would trust on BE doing the work we would have a lot of roleplaying wizards on the server.

SweetJoe    390

Relax with the forbidden keys. ~ is my team speak button. You will not get banned for pressing it. Unless your cheating. Promise.

penultimate    0

What Joe said is true, however since I would presume the server is now using infastar as their antihack I have known of other people getting banned for pressing the key and then getting unbanned after further readers has been done.