Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:12

Sign in to follow this  
Moxy

RP Feedback Thread [Post About Recent RP Encounters Good and Bad]

Moxy    19

[This is to be a thread dedicated to constructive criticism towards other players / clans RP that you meet in game]

Why?

Unlike other popular threads: Whose roleplay did you enjoy today and Rate the persons above RolePlay, this will be more aimed at providing actual feedback that is both good and bad.

This should also serve as a way to meet with other people that you met in-game and don't know their forum names.

What Will Come Of This?

What I hope to achieve is that with all the constructive criticism that we, as a community, can enhance all of our RP skills together by putting more of an emphasis on quality Role Play.

Eventually I would also like to see a 'best role player' awards too where people that constantly rate highly can stand out in the community as examples of quality RP.

Guidelines

• No Flaming whatsoever. Not to be confused with constructive criticism, you can say things you dislike about someones RP, just be respectful about it.
  • Treat others like you would wish to be treated.
  • Make meaningful posts, please no 'met once, 10/10 RP', keep that in the other threads. Instead please post feedback only if you are willing to explain why you liked, or disliked their RP with reasons and examples so (they / we) can learn from it.
  • Only post a review of someone if you actually met the person.

- Please Use This Template -

[b][color=#00BFFF]Your Name[/color][/b]: [in Game Name]

[b][color=#00BFFF]Server /Date / Time[/color][/b]: [server date and time]

[b][color=#00BFFF]Description / name of person or clan met[/color][/b]: [Name they went by, first name, description of clothing, weapon, ect]

[b][color=#00BFFF]Description of Encounter[/color][/b]: [Description of what happened]

[color=#00BFFF][b]Feedback on Encounter[/b][/color]: [How you felt about the encounter / Feedback]

WARNING:

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT use this thread as a means of flaming other members. This is to be a place where we can actually give constructive feedback on people's RP that you meet In-Game. If you attempt to Flame or derail this thread with meaningless posts you will be reported. Please keep to the template, and be respectful to one another.

Glenn    10

Nice, will maybe use this :P

Moxy    19

Your Name: Cadet Wilson

Date / Time: May 24th 19:00 - End of Event

Server Event Server

Description / name of person or clan met: Ivan 'Ace' Kapralov

Description of Encounter: It was the staging portion of the event - the rest of the event. mainly the staging portion though.

Feedback on Encounter: I thought your character had a Metro 2033 feel to him, you seemed actually like you've been through the wringer and where just ready "to kill infected, like evryone else". Your accent and sighs and style of speaking were really great and created good immersion.

Most realistic (Russian?) accent I've heard on the server.

Throughout the invasion you kept a consistent tone which was good to see even when things were getting crazy. (lost track of you after Vybor though till we met back up)

Don't really have anything negative to say, you were one of RolePlayers I met in the whole Event.

Other:

[ivans video is a better quality sound than mine, Here's a link to his media thread]

[video=youtube]

Moxy    19

Date / Time: 29 MAY

Server S2

Description / name of person or clan met: Everyone at TP

Description of Encounter: A Hoard of zombies attacked the Trade Post

Feedback on Encounter: First off, I don't know if an Admin spawned in those zombies or what but there had to have been about 40-50 of them! Randomly someone shouts "zombies at the front gate!" I turn the corner to see just that, people were holding them at the gate when suddenly the hoard broke through and got almost up to the pub! Everyone acted really professional and started taking precision shots against them. Not sure who was calling out to people to watch their fire, and people coming through the gate hold fire hold fire, but it really added to the immersion.

Overral all the whole zombie hoard was an awesome experience sand made me feel like I was back at the Invasion event.

We had no deaths due to friendly fire, which was an impressive feet seeing how be were literally shooting over one another with no preparation whatsoever.

I would really like to see more 'hoards' like this attacking major areas such as TP, Stary, Airfieds, ect.. It would make sense due to all the noise and whatnot these areas produce.

I also want to that everyone for not acting like complete fools and using that moment of confusion to loot peoples cars, KOS one another and whatnot. Certainly could have gone a lot worse.

Other:

[video=youtube]

Moxy    19

Date / Time: General

Server All

Description / name of person or clan met Trent Steinhauer [trent_rouls]

Description of Encounter: General clan RP. I met you for the first time at TP. you were having issues with people getting in your bus. We (Fangs) came to your aid as you were a new recruit. Shortly after you gave much issue with your bus and other information. All the while you did not RP this with the people you were around and instead seemed to stay inside teamspeak. This is all fine and well when not around others, though when around people not in your teamspeak I'd advise to stay in game chat as much as possible as to promote RP for all.

Feedback on Encounter: You don't use push to talk, nor do you separate from IC talking to OOC (teamspeak) Talking, I advice doing so as to make it easier for those you are talking to. I know this may be difficult to juggle both teamspeak and IC talking but if need be please mute TS and focus on the RP in game more than teamspeak.

Other:

None ATM

Hofer    20

I really don't think bumping this thread less then 12 hours since the last one is necessary. If people want to use they will use it needless of your bumps.

Snow    1

Your Name: Marshall Anderson

Date / Time: June 1st, 12:30 ish

Server: S2

Description / name of person or clan met: Slade Wilson

Description of Encounter: Brief encounter at the Trade Post

Feedback on Encounter: Instantly knowing my name because I used text is technically metagaming, and waving it away by saying "I know everyone's names" is pretty bad as well. You also overheard me muttering to myself while your character was quite a distance away, and while that isn't entirely impossible, it's a bit odd. In addition, going OOC to ask me to use a microphone was probably also unnecessary.

In the future I would recommend not referring to people by name unless they themselves tell you, not respond to anything whispered or muttered by someone (unless they're standing right next to you), and also never go OOC unless you absolutely have to.

Other: I briefly considered making a report about this, then I realized that's insanely petty and it's far better to just write actual feedback on it.

Murdercool    32

Feedback on Encounter: Instantly knowing my name because I used text is technically metagaming, and waving it away by saying "I know everyone's names" is pretty bad as well. You also overheard me muttering to myself while your character was quite a distance away, and while that isn't entirely impossible, it's a bit odd. In addition, going OOC to ask me to use a microphone was probably also unnecessary.

In the future I would recommend not referring to people by name unless they themselves tell you, not respond to anything whispered or muttered by someone (unless they're standing right next to you), and also never go OOC unless you absolutely have to.

Other: I briefly considered making a report about this, then I realized that's insanely petty and it's far better to just write actual feedback on it.

That name as well. 'Slade Wilson' that's a direct copy of the comic book character Deathstroke from Batman and the Green Arrow comic book series. So hopefully this will get the admins to pick up on that name.

Snow    1

That name as well. 'Slade Wilson' that's a direct copy of the comic book character Deathstroke from Batman and the Green Arrow comic book series. So hopefully this will get the admins to pick up on that name.

It looks like he's already been permabanned for trolling and a few other things.

Roofcake    1

[in Game Name]: Mont Cowes

[server date and time]: The 30th? I don't really remember.

[Name they went by, first name, description of clothing, weapon, ect]: B-17, heavily armed at a roadblock.

[Description of what happened]: B-17 set me and some other dude up (it was quite obvious it was a set up) and I took the opportunity to have a little roleplay. I believe they had someone fool us at TP, then that person brought us to them. I roleplayed as a hostage, while the other man was unfortunately killed for non-compliance. To say the least, I struck a deal, got berated by them a couple times, got told I had no friends from some lady, and pooped my pants. All in all, very enjoyable.

[How you felt about the encounter / Feedback]: I really enjoyed the RP that came out of it; however, I don't really believe it was necessary to kill that other guy. But, you guys honestly gave some exceptional RP.

[Any Additional Info you want to include, such as images, videos, ext…]: Tried uploading a video, but it saved as the wrong file type.

Vesper    0

[in Game Name]: Mont Cowes

[server date and time]: The 30th? I don't really remember.

[Name they went by, first name, description of clothing, weapon, ect]: B-17, heavily armed at a roadblock.

[Description of what happened]: B-17 set me and some other dude up (it was quite obvious it was a set up) and I took the opportunity to have a little roleplay. I believe they had someone fool us at TP, then that person brought us to them. I roleplayed as a hostage, while the other man was unfortunately killed for non-compliance. To say the least, I struck a deal, got berated by them a couple times, got told I had no friends from some lady, and pooped my pants. All in all, very enjoyable.

[How you felt about the encounter / Feedback]: I really enjoyed the RP that came out of it; however, I don't really believe it was necessary to kill that other guy. But, you guys honestly gave some exceptional RP.

[Any Additional Info you want to include, such as images, videos, ext…]: Tried uploading a video, but it saved as the wrong file type.

I think I know what situation you are talking about and one of our men shot him on accident. Luckily it was all sorted out very quickly in TS. Other than that, I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. I'll pass it along to the boys. :)

Roofcake    1

I think I know what situation you are talking about and one of our men shot him on accident. Luckily it was all sorted out very quickly in TS. Other than that, I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. I'll pass it along to the boys. :)

Glad it got sorted peacefully :)

Guest GreenGod   
Guest GreenGod

Im glad back passenger enjoyed himself.

Glad it got sorted peacefully :)

Glad Back passenger enjoyed it.

Roofcake    1

Glad Back passenger enjoyed it.

I love how you still called me that, even after I told you my name :P

By the way, who is the man in your group who told me he was from Mississippi? I laughed uncontrollably when he told me I wasn't very bright for a news reporter.

Moxy    19

To all those who want to tell someone their RP was good or bad, or possibly want to report someone due to their RP (or lack there of), Please leave feedback for them here and message them to check the forum.

I am hoping by leaving feedback on one another we can increase our RP overall and decrease the amount of reports that are being written.

Thank you.

Moxy    19

Date / Time: 06/18/14 - 20:00-21:00

Server S2

Description / name of person or clan met: Prof. Nikos Paparoglou

Description of Encounter: Me and other Fangs members saw movement on to the east of Green Mountain. After scouting the area we went up to the camp where two [FALLEN?] girls were, and the Prof. After we approached the two girls left immedately and logged out.

After which I started to talk to the professor. He was playing "Games" by putting ammo into the fire. After talking to you a bit more to expressed that you did experiments. We talked for a while and you were very genuine about you "Games" and tests.

Feedback on Encounter: I thought you're Role-Play [TEXT Only] was great. You stayed consistent with your character and continued to revel a little bit more while being questioned by me. You showed feelings in that you were ashamed of yourself for what you do yet told us in depth answers to other questions about your motives. Even though you had to go AFK for a bit, you came back and immediately picked up our conversation.

All in all I though it was great RP, the only complaint I had was that you typed a bit slow, making our conversations get mixed up from time to time, but that's not an RP issue as much as an technical issue.

Other:

[video=youtube]

Guest TehGreekGamer   
Guest TehGreekGamer

Date / Time: 06/18/14 - 20:00-21:00

Server S2

Description / name of person or clan met: Prof. Nikos Paparoglou

Description of Encounter: Me and other Fangs members saw movement on to the east of Green Mountain. After scouting the area we went up to the camp where two [FALLEN?] girls were, and the Prof. After we approached the two girls left immedately and logged out.

After which I started to talk to the professor. He was playing "Games" by putting ammo into the fire. After talking to you a bit more to expressed that you did experiments. We talked for a while and you were very genuine about you "Games" and tests.

Feedback on Encounter: I thought you're Role-Play [TEXT Only] was great. You stayed consistent with your character and continued to revel a little bit more while being questioned by me. You showed feelings in that you were ashamed of yourself for what you do yet told us in depth answers to other questions about your motives. Even though you had to go AFK for a bit, you came back and immediately picked up our conversation.

All in all I though it was great RP, the only complaint I had was that you typed a bit slow, making our conversations get mixed up from time to time, but that's not an RP issue as much as an technical issue.

Other:

[video=youtube]

I have a problem with slow typing and I'm planning on fixing it, I haven't RP'ed for a long time using text. Thank you for the feedback and I'm happy that you enjoyed it. You are the first people to meet him.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Your Name: [in Game Name] Rev. Daray Laurent

Date / Time: [server date and time] Evening

Server S2

Description / name of person or clan met: [Name they went by, first name, description of clothing, weapon, ect] Lilia Tarasovna

Description of Encounter: [Description of what happened] As I am a Christian priest, I tend to sometimes go around, preaching and giving people blessings. I opened the gates of TP for two men, and , as usual, gave them a blessing. Instead of accepting it, they told me to fuck off. It was quite insulting for me, so I asked him why did he say that. He told me to go fuck myself. So I went, sad and angry, to a camp fire, where a bunch of acquaintances of mine sat. I told them about the incident. As soon as I finished, Lilia got up and walked over to the men. She had a small chat to them and I got them to apologize to me. It was quite intense, for there were a lot of people around us, all of them supporting different sides. But, thanks to Lilia, our side won the argument.

Feedback on Encounter: [How you felt about the encounter / Feedback] Loved the way she stood up for me

Other:

[Any Additional Info you want to include, such as images, videos, ext…] Nothing

Mavasaur    0

Server:

RP2

Description / name of person or clan met:

Block 17

Description of Encounter:

Multiple encounters. My first meeting with one of your players went pretty badly, but after that was resolved, we met again later that night. The overall encounter ended in a lot of blood a pobeda dam, but I did have some fun RP with a member of Aegis and B-17 prior to the inevitable fight.

Feedback on Encounter:

What concerns me is that you guys are almost always going to Pobeda dam, and seemingly taking hostages to spark a firefight with hero clans. I'd really like to see a wider variety of RP from you guys. Seeing as I've had 3 or 4 encounters with you all at Pobeda, it's getting rather stale. Just a reminder, even though you're bandits, not all of your encounters need to end with hostility.

Other:

N/A

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Your Name: Amin Milavanovich

Date / Time: Not relevant

Server 2 (usually)

Description / name of person or clan met: FourFive

Description of Encounter: The only encounter I have had with this clan is an attempted robbery (by said clan) at Stary.

Feedback on Encounter: The initiation was boring unfortunately and seemed to be extremely unprepared. Which is understandable considering we were in a moving vehicle off road however there was no real aggression in your voice, it was as if you didn't even want to rob us but felt like you had to. Of course we didn't comply and eventually won the fire fight but regardless the initiation and short amount of rp after (before we returned fire) was rather boring. As I said above there was little if any motivation and/or emotion in your voice.

Other:

Your clan is small in number which is entirely ok, however you never really represent yourself. I have seen the xml pop up at TP and even then it seemed you were more into talking over TS then actually RPing with others. I had one man even run straight up to me stare at my gun and then just run away without saying a word.

My suggestion is that you try to explain your group more to outsiders, nobody knows who you are and what you want. Other then you mainly do some banditry, maybe this is how you want your clan to be represented? Maybe not I don't know for sure. But I highly suggest you work on your RP as a clan and how you interact with other people as well as your robberies which again just seemed to lack motivation.

Hopefully this helps your clan out some, if there is any issues feel free to PM myself.

Moxy    19

Date / Time: 6-26-2014

Server S2

Description / name of person or clan met: Dmitri Reznov

Description of Encounter: We saw your van in zelenogorsk, followed you, and stopped your van finally. We had a brief questioning in which we initiated on you, had you leave your weapons and such in the car before you came out. We then tried to find out if you had any connection / were a part of Aegis or B-17 as we had seen B-17 in a red van like that and your skin looked very similar.

Feedback on Encounter: First off, I had an issue with my mic because the volume was WAY too low for you to hear me which resulted in me having to repeat myself a lot which was annoying and I apologize. I have fixed that issue now and it shouldn't be a problem anymore.

Of your roleplay I thought you did good considering your situation of being held at gun point for no apparent reason. You stayed incredibly calm throughout the whole thing, perhaps a little too calm? Though, you were being held at gunpoint so I don't blame you for acting too talkative and such.

I really wanted to thank you for not trying to kill us once we realized you were not who we thought you were and let you get your gear / van back just because you technically could since we initiated. Makes me glad that people can understand situations and not kill just because they can.

All in all I thought it was a good experience and I hope you did as well.

Other:

[video=youtube]