Server time: 2017-10-19, 09:17
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Anubian

Trade Post Death Stealing?

Question

Anubian    1

I went to the new trade post for the first time with my mate.

My mate accidentally vaulted on a box and died and I told everyone to back off as it was my guns and gear he had borrowed and seeing as he was dead it belonged to me again.

However they claimed I had no right to stop them stealing my friends items in trade post and it was legit for them.

Is this legit?

17 answers to this question

Yuval    2

Was it CTC who claimed it? As he died from a glitch CTC may kept it for him in order for him to return to CTC and claim those items back. If it was random civis nothing was stopping you really, could be even reportable as looting a body which doesn't belong to you (ex firefight and civi's loot corpses) grants KoS rights, and no one is allowed to be in TP while having KoS rights on him, or do any hostile actions within

Anubian    1

They were present and claimed I had no ID linking us so it was fair game.

Yuval    2

And the people who claimed it were random civilians? May be wrong but as i said in the top post stealing from corpses is not allowed. the guys who looted it did a douche move but most likely you two had no XML so this doesn't apply.

Pretty sure it's legit.

Anubian    1

It was hard to tell their was a lot of people around him. I do have a video recording if i find it was not legit later.

Yuval    2

rulewise im 90% sure it's legit, but seems like in practice bad rp. you see a person die and you run to his corpse while someone is telling you to back off thats my friend and you ignore it to loot the corpse.

Hatch    0

Stealing from dead bodies is really bad from people in TP. If they saw that he died from a glitch and you told people to stay away, they should. I remember when I passed out in TP and when I woke my whole tool belt was stolen. It's just bad taste from the people who steal.

My opinion is that it should be against the rules if you tell people to stay away. I'm not sure on the rule; however, I will be interested to find out.

Anubian    1

The only reason I bothered asking the question (the gear wasn't that important) was that the rules clearly state on the rule page.

"Under no circumstances are you allowed to shoot, steal, initiate or show hostility while within the borders of the Trade Post."

Seems like that covers accidentally glitch deaths circumstance too and especially showing hostility by stealing with a friend nearby explaining what happened and that it was his gear.

Yuval    2

Well he could easily say, How can i know he is your friend? And this also happened to me when a civi claimed a corpse of my clan mate. You had no proof to that he is your friend or that the gear belongs to you and the stealing part is invalid as he wasn't a part of your clan (as looting a corpse which doesn't belong to you, ie killed it, or clan mates in firefight, and this example should fit in). Just poor behavior really.

Thumper    0

I have banned people from stealing from corpses. Make a report and post the video. We will find them. Stealing, even from a corpse is not allowed.

Sin    127

People should know better. It's technically a grey area in the rules, since it's not explicitly covered, but I would think people would understand that it's not allowed. CTC rule the roost there, and they're all about keeping good order. Stealing from a corpse is still stealing - especially if he died from a glitch. And with someone actively standing guard ... people should know better.

Bloody    0

I have banned people from stealing from corpses. Make a report and post the video. We will find them. Stealing, even from a corpse is not allowed.

I'm assuming this rule only applies at TP, correct?

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

I'm assuming this rule only applies at TP, correct?

Yeah, but if you find a dead body somewhere and someone is telling you not to touch him, and not to steal anything someone can kill you I think, cause that's a hostile action.

Mush    2

Looks like you got your answer. Solving.

Solution: Stealing from Trade Post is never allowed even if it's from corpses, as Thumper states below.

Sin    127

Stealing from corpses outside the safe zone is inadvisable. If there's an active firefight going on, you might get shot for it. Depending on the circumstances, it might be found a legitimate killing.

Doubly so if someone is actively guarding the corpse. Of course, outside the safe zone, telling someone what to do can be considered a hostile action. If they're threatening you with harm, that's a legitimate initiation. I recommend you tread carefully and RP it out to the best of your abilities. You may be able to get what you want, or at least something, without the threat of violence.

Anubian    1

Okay so I assume i should make a report discussion which can be immediately moved to formal reports?

IAmJackBandit    77

Okay so I assume i should make a report discussion which can be immediately moved to formal reports?

It won't be immediately moved to formal as you have to wait until the accused post their point of view and if they have not posted their pov within 24 hours then you may ask to go formal