Server time: 2017-08-23, 08:22

DayZ maintenance is in progress

Sign in to follow this  
Katenex

Consumption of food & drink.

Katenex    0

Hello all :)

I have been thinking. Would there be anyway that we could tweek the mod itself. For example, allowing the player to only take sips or small bites of food, realistically, so we don't waste any. Like a meter for your water bottle or portions of food to consume.

Just a little idea/inquisition. And if not why?

Who thinks this could work? =)

Roofcake    1

Since this is Arma, it probably isn't possible.

If it exists, works, and doesn't crash the server, then +1.

Rifleman    14

Would be nice - if it works, exists and doesn't crash the server like Roofcake said.

But it probably isn't possible as this is ARMA we're talking about.

+1 if it exists and works though

ckr    0

This would be brilliant because at the minute to stop myself wasting food I starve myself until I have to eat so I don't waste anything.

+1 if it works.

Katenex    0

Yeah okay true, this game is buggy as it is. Maybe we should suggest it for the standalone, unless they added it there?

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/149483-rolling-changelog-181/

This is apparently what's coming in the next patch for DayZ mod. It doesn't have exactly what you are looking for, but it looks like it's adding a few similar things such as a nutrition system. (No more pepsi and creme cakes everyday!)

Not sure on when or how long it would take to get that all implemented into our mod, but from the looks of it a lot of cool stuff is still headed our way on DayZ mod itself.

Akbar    0

I Think it is realistic, to take sips and bites. In which case, you have my +1. But like the above say: Will it Crash the servers?

Warwick    5

This is a great idea. Also another thing that would be cool is if you could drink from a river or stream. Maybe if you had an empty can you could then drink. Also maybe make infection levels different depending on whether the river is flowing or stagnant. Stagnant obviously having a higher infection chance.

Owen    13

I think it is alright as it is. No need to complicate things as if this was added it may cause a glitches as well as server crashes. As stated before, I doubt ARMA could do this.

So it is a no from me.

Katenex    0

They should implement this in standalone, if they haven't already. :)

Revilo    7

This is a great idea. Also another thing that would be cool is if you could drink from a river or stream. Maybe if you had an empty can you could then drink. Also maybe make infection levels different depending on whether the river is flowing or stagnant. Stagnant obviously having a higher infection chance.

flowing water? i cant say ive ever seen any. ive only seen ponds and shit is there even flowing water in dayz chernarus other than just the movement of the tides on the ocean

but as everyones saying yeah +1 if this does happen then food and drink needs to become more scarce though.