Server time: 2017-10-20, 19:57
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Lee Everett

New Life

Question

Lee Everett    0

Hey guys, so basically I was just murdered (3v1-traded kills with the initiator, I really wasn't in the mood to get robbed :)) in cold blood after a week with my character, really getting to love my gear and my story. I'm wondering how I go about starting a new life. Can I change my character completely? Name, looks, story ect.? Can I keep the same story/friends/connections even though I've died? Any advice would help, thanks.

Solved:

You can remember everything that didn't lead to your death. For example, the initiators name etc. You can still remember people that you met on your character and where things are.

And yeah, you can completely change your character at any time, just make sure not to let information from your current one, leak into the new character because that can be tricky :P

Create a new player profile on the Arma 2 OA menu, or edit your current one with your current name on. Like James said, make sure you have a story too! You don't have to write it or anything but you need to know what and who your character is.

To make a new character, all you need to do is think of a new background you want to follow and do the following to change the name and look.

Launch Arma 2 OA to the menu > Player Profiles > New > Change the name and look > Select that new profile and play.

11 answers to this question

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

When you die, you do not have to change your story.

It is not against the rules, and just comes down to your personal choice.

If you have a desire to change your character and make a new story, you have a complete right to do so. If not, just keep playing like you've been playing on the original character who was killed.

In relation to remembering your past, you are able to remember all the friends / events that had happened in your life. However, you may not remember the events leading up to your death and the people who were involved as the result of your death.

Burgz    6

You can remember everything that didn't lead to your death. For example, the initiators name etc. You can still remember people that you met on your character and where things are.

And yeah, you can completely change your character at any time, just make sure not to let information from your current one, leak into the new character because that can be tricky :P

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

Just make a new one prepare the story before you play and stick with it you can make a new character when ever you want

Burgz    6

What steps do I take to create a completely new character?

-thanks for the quick responses

Create a new player profile on the Arma 2 OA menu, or edit your current one with your current name on. Like James said, make sure you have a story too! You don't have to write it or anything but you need to know what and who your character is.

Follow the steps above. Nothing is necessary to create a new character, e.g. whitelisting.

Create your story for you to use. Publish it or don't, it is up to you. Just be sure to keep it clear in your mind on what you are playing and how you go about it.

Why not check out some of the other stories in the Role playing section if that can help you :)

What type of character were you thinking of playing?

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

To make a new character, all you need to do is think of a new background you want to follow and do the following to change the name and look.

Launch Arma 2 OA to the menu > Player Profiles > New > Change the name and look > Select that new profile and play.

Too slow to type, oh well, won't hurt having the info again.

Guest JMS   
Guest JMS

You could even make a character with amnesia and the entire backstory could be made from in game events as you collect pieces of your past. So you don't even have to think of a backstory you could do it all in game perhaps

Lee Everett    0

Not worried too much about the backstory just yet, I'm afraid I made my first character a little too generic. I was just worried about the whitelisting, and if I had to get a new character approved before I change the name.

Burgz    6

Not worried too much about the backstory just yet, I'm afraid I made my first character a little too generic. I was just worried about the whitelisting, and if I had to get a new character approved before I change the name.

Let me guess.

You were a hardened veteran in the army, after single-handedly taking out 400 terrorists you retired and lived your life of luxury at home. Suddenly, you got a call from the Pentagon asking you to go to Chernarus and tie up some loose ends, you flew over there in your own chopper and crashed, due to power failure. You survived but lost contact with the everyone back home and realised zombies were everywhere.

Close? Everyone done it buddy :P

Lee Everett    0

Let me guess.

You were a hardened veteran in the army, after single-handedly taking out 400 terrorists you retired and lived your life of luxury at home. Suddenly, you got a call from the Pentagon asking you to go to Chernarus and tie up some loose ends, you flew over there in your own chopper and crashed, due to power failure. You survived but lost contact with the everyone back home and realised zombies were everywhere.

Close? Everyone done it buddy :P

Not quite but that is actually pretty badass